Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Received my new PIWIS III

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 09:38 PM
circuiticon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, my personal car is a USDM 2017 Carrera (991.2), so I'm not sure if that will qualify as a "new" car or an "old" car. So from the sound of it, I won't be able to unlock sport chrono features in my car, but the dealer can?

Would I be able to do things such as disable the automatic wing if I decide to put a spoiler on the car?

That being said, I'm beginning to tune some of these cars (via APR and Cobb), and I'd like to have the ability to diagnose client's cars should the need arise.
Old 10-23-2020, 11:21 PM
rbrunelle
Racer

Received 259 Likes on 82 Posts

991 should be ok for sport chrono unlock. If you have PCM 3.1 you are good,. PCM 4.0 out of luck https://www.code-porsche.com I have never tried this guy.
Old 10-24-2020, 12:55 AM
circuiticon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rbrunelle
991 should be ok for sport chrono unlock. If you have PCM 3.1 you are good,. PCM 4.0 out of luck https://www.code-porsche.com I have never tried this guy.
How can I tell which PCM version I have?
Old 10-27-2020, 06:50 PM
absoluteczech
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

So I have a 2015 981 cayman. If i get piwis 2 clone hardware (already have the vm software) and contact that guy at code-porsche he can give me a sports chrono unlock code and then I just need to buy the button? to enable it?

Originally Posted by circuiticon
How can I tell which PCM version I have?
if you press source + info at the same time on your radio it should show you.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:38 AM
rbrunelle
Racer

If you mean the set of buttons in the a/c control with sport plus? I believe so. I don't have this feature but I have all the parts. I have the button combi, I even have the special clock that has a lap timer. I haven't installed them since mine is a base car.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:32 AM
absoluteczech
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

If you mean the set of buttons in the a/c control with sport plus? I believe so. I don't have this feature but I have all the parts. I have the button combi, I even have the special clock that has a lap timer. I haven't installed them since mine is a base car.
I dont have the physical buttons (still would order that) I'm talking about the "activation code" to enable to feature. I have a base manual as well and tbh the sports chrono seems to do more for PDK, but I would love the rev match feature sport chrono gives.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:50 AM
rbrunelle
Racer

Originally Posted by absoluteczech
I'm talking about the "activation code" to enable to feature.
Yes you need an activation code. If you purchase this you get the parts and the code for $875 if I remember correctly. If you trust this guy you can get code for $100. You will need a PIWIS 2 or 3 to install it.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:00 PM
absoluteczech
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Yes you need an activation code. If you purchase this you get the parts and the code for $875 if I remember correctly. If you trust this guy you can get code for $100. You will need a PIWIS 2 or 3 to install it.
$875 for parts and code? Where is that deal. To be clear this is for the 981 right? Not the 987..? So if he does JUST the activation code, is there a place to buy just the parts for less? I havent been able to figure out if you can just buy the button or if something more is involved?
Old 10-30-2020, 02:27 PM
rbrunelle
Racer

I thought we were talking Panamera. I don't see any such option for a 981
Old 11-12-2020, 08:28 AM
sami_cayenne
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Any details about that guy?

Last edited by sami_cayenne; 11-12-2020 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:21 AM
rbrunelle
Racer

Originally Posted by sami_cayenne
Any details about that guy?
https://www.code-porsche.com/ VXDas.com will sell you all your own codes for $125.00. If you are changing your PCM or your steering wheel clock spring, you will need the codes that existed from Porsche. If you are adding options you can try him. I do not know him or have I used him
Old 11-12-2020, 03:30 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,321 Likes on 724 Posts

I got mine from obd2tools as well. Took a little bit for them to find a laptop, but from there it arrived in 4 days. Works great.
Does anyone know of an online resource for coding using it? I'm going to try different things but I'd like some basics in order to avoid mishaps.
Also getting a 75A battery charger as it requires constant voltage for writing the modules.
Thanks!
Old 12-16-2020, 03:05 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

A quick bump in the thread...
I'm trying to code some options, I select the module and go to coding. Then manual coding without rules but I never get to see the options that should be there. All I have is "no entry selected". If I don't connect the PIWIS to the OBD port and use manual selection for model, I can see all the options available in different modules.

I manage to activate some options using the "additional menu" tool, change the option code, selected all modules and used automatic coding.

I'm missing a step the allows me to customize module per module or is it a limitation of the clone?
Old 12-16-2020, 07:04 PM
rbrunelle
Racer

Originally Posted by John Mclane
A quick bump in the thread...
I'm trying to code some options, I select the module and go to coding. Then manual coding without rules but I never get to see the options that should be there. All I have is "no entry selected". If I don't connect the PIWIS to the OBD port and use manual selection for model, I can see all the options available in different modules.

I manage to activate some options using the "additional menu" tool, change the option code, selected all modules and used automatic coding.

I'm missing a step the allows me to customize module per module or is it a limitation of the clone?
Clone has no limitations but production mode does. It only permits what was installed. In engineering mode you can tweak individual options as long as they don't require activation
Old 12-16-2020, 07:35 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Clone has no limitations but production mode does. It only permits what was installed. In engineering mode you can tweak individual options as long as they don't require activation
I have it in engineer mode but I can't access the coding in the modules (overviews- modules- coding- manual coding). All I get is no entry data as option. If I try without connecting to the car, I can see all the coding options in multiple modules. This happens in both cayenne (E3) and 992.
I'm running v39.7, if that matters. The unit also came with v38.5, gonna try that later.

Last edited by John Mclane; 12-16-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Received my new PIWIS III