Notices

GT350

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 10:20 PM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Disappointed and dejected.

Well I stand corrected in my last post. Some are asking 10k over msrp for the 350 in my area but I think that is negotiable. There are lots of 350's out there. Went back to my Nebraska dealer and 'management' now asks $6000k over msrp for a 350 order, before, 'policy' was to never charge over msrp. Salesman insists it is a random regional lottery whether or not they get an R. They sold one 'R' (thanks for letting me know you had one ). They also have sold one Focus RS. AND it sounds like the Focus RS is going to be as rare as the 350R - I could not order or put a deposit on one and they have no idea if they will get another. There is the stripped out Focus R some are calling a Focus R500 but the salesman called it a Focus Rsrx or something. He said they get calls everyday regarding the R. They also backpedaled on what they told me regarding selling to people in the area. Now they say they don't give preference to local buyers/registering car locally.

Do I need to be more persistent and check in once a month? What good is it perusing a car the sales staff don't even know if they will get, and if they do, likely will sell it to someone else. In this case, I think 'management' likes to keep their sales staff dumb as fence posts regarding how the process works.

At the end of the day I can spec a 2017 350 with what I think is a negotiable $6k markup.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:06 PM
stuntman
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PiB993
Well I stand corrected in my last post. Some are asking 10k over msrp for the 350 in my area but I think that is negotiable. There are lots of 350's out there. Went back to my Nebraska dealer and 'management' now asks $6000k over msrp for a 350 order, before, 'policy' was to never charge over msrp. Salesman insists it is a random regional lottery whether or not they get an R. They sold one 'R' (thanks for letting me know you had one ). They also have sold one Focus RS. AND it sounds like the Focus RS is going to be as rare as the 350R - I could not order or put a deposit on one and they have no idea if they will get another. There is the stripped out Focus R some are calling a Focus R500 but the salesman called it a Focus Rsrx or something. He said they get calls everyday regarding the R. They also backpedaled on what they told me regarding selling to people in the area. Now they say they don't give preference to local buyers/registering car locally.

Do I need to be more persistent and check in once a month? What good is it perusing a car the sales staff don't even know if they will get, and if they do, likely will sell it to someone else. In this case, I think 'management' likes to keep their sales staff dumb as fence posts regarding how the process works.

At the end of the day I can spec a 2017 350 with what I think is a negotiable $6k markup.
I don't think so. Should be a lot easier to get a 2017.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:15 PM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Right. Just wondering if the lower price will allow more demand. It's made in Saarlouis Germany?
Old 06-30-2016, 01:09 AM
mmm951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a Focus RS allocation I am willing to get rid of at MSRP - too many cars in the stable right now. Nitrous Blue, sunroof, RS2, Cup tires 20" wheels, winter wheel package, sunroof, and cover. Basically, loaded out.

If any one of you is interested, shoot me a PM.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:34 PM
Moondog4224
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I am interested in a gt350r if someone comes across one or a build allocation.....I am sure others are as well, but just in case......

I have a couple local dealers trying as well .....thx for any help in advance.

Email me @ Kyle@mooneyfinancialgroup.com

Last edited by Moondog4224; 07-06-2016 at 11:07 PM.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:19 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 233 Posts

I've been trying to get one also ^ no luck so far
Old 07-02-2016, 10:34 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

WATKINS GLEN LIVE TODAY! IMSA Continental
Old 07-02-2016, 06:24 PM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Had another chat on the phone with dealer sales person. 350 order is 10k over now and if they could get an R it's 25k over. He says all the sales staff get calls everyday regarding the R. How 'management' determines who gets an R if they get another R allocation is beyond me.

I am losing interest. It is a big wide heavy car. There are already 2016 350's sitting on lots (often without track pack/transmission cooler) and unclaimed 2017 350 orders as far as I can tell exist with a markup. I am somewhat disillusioned with how the local dealer/sales staff I want to work with have been changing information on me and not keeping in touch.

That's just the way it works. I enjoy seeing everyone's cars on this thread and experiences. I am curious to see what things will look like in six to eight months.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:59 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,146 Likes on 751 Posts

Had another chat on the phone with dealer sales person. 350 order is 10k over now and if they could get an R it's 25k over. He says all the sales staff get calls everyday regarding the R. How 'management' determines who gets an R if they get another R allocation is beyond me. I am losing interest. It is a big wide heavy car. There are already 2016 350's sitting on lots (often without track pack/transmission cooler) and unclaimed 2017 350 orders as far as I can tell exist with a markup. I am somewhat disillusioned with how the local dealer/sales staff I want to work with have been changing information on me and not keeping in touch. That's just the way it works. I enjoy seeing everyone's cars on this thread and experiences. I am curious to see what things will look like in six to eight months.
Will be interesting...once something new comes around and creates competition in its price class.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:38 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Had another chat on the phone with dealer sales person. 350 order is 10k over now and if they could get an R it's 25k over. He says all the sales staff get calls everyday regarding the R. How 'management' determines who gets an R if they get another R allocation is beyond me.

I am losing interest. It is a big wide heavy car. There are already 2016 350's sitting on lots (often without track pack/transmission cooler) and unclaimed 2017 350 orders as far as I can tell exist with a markup. I am somewhat disillusioned with how the local dealer/sales staff I want to work with have been changing information on me and not keeping in touch.

That's just the way it works. I enjoy seeing everyone's cars on this thread and experiences. I am curious to see what things will look like in six to eight months.
Hopefully it gets better for you guys, but based off the last 15 months - it's only getting worse.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:02 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 662 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
Hopefully it gets better for you guys, but based off the last 15 months - it's only getting worse.
I would have liked to have sourced an R, but I am quite thankful that I was able to buy a 981 Spyder. The driving enjoyment of this car is off the charts!
Old 07-03-2016, 07:16 AM
stuntman
Instructor

Originally Posted by Para82
WATKINS GLEN LIVE TODAY! IMSA Continental
Didn't work out too well for the GT350R-C. That 600lb weight difference really puts the Cayman at an advantage for the second 1-2-3 finish in a row. And 1-2-3 in the ST class for the Cayman as well.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:13 PM
zizu
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a GT350 thanks to Al. I called the dealer right after talking to Al and secure the deal over the phone. I flew the next morning to Chicago to pick her up. It's the exact color and specs I wanted and I've been looking for a while. It's a 2017 fresh off the truck. Grabber blue, stripes, electronic pack, buckets. I've been like a kid since picking her up. Excited is an understatement.
I drove her back home to SoCal. What a drive! So glad I did that, yes, I put miles on her but the fun factor is well worth it. I'd do it again.
I love that car. The sound is out of this world. It's heavier than a Porsche but I don't feel it on the streets, we'll see later on the track. My favorite thing about the car is you don't need to go fast to have fun, I'm sure the sound and torque is a big part of it. The brakes are awesome. The seating position and seat of the pants feel is one of the best I've experienced, it fits me perfectly, hold you in place but also very comfortable. Visibility is very good for a sport car too. Fit and finish is not Porsche level but I was definitely pleasently surprised. It's very good. The entertainment system is however better than Porsche, user friendly, easy to navigate (not that you get a car like that for the GPS or stereo but it is a plus on a road trip). Apple car play is nice too.
I love all the nice details on this car. You can look for hours and find little touches that shows the passion of the people who designed it.
Is everything perfect? Of course not, there's little finition details that I questioned, like the door sills with just a sad "Ford" on it, or some plastic and faux trims that could have been better (Like brushed metal or carbon trim). My biggest complain was the steering, But the tires were overinflated, once adjusted, it was perfect with a great feedback. No as good as my Cayman with hydraulic steering but better than any electric steering I experienced before.
Something to note, I do get way more thumbs up from everybody, kids, grand'ma and everything in between than any car I owned before (except maybe my 66 Mustang convertible).
All in all, I couldn't be happier.
Cheers!

Vail, Colorado.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:21 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by stuntman
Didn't work out too well for the GT350R-C. That 600lb weight difference really puts the Cayman at an advantage for the second 1-2-3 finish in a row. And 1-2-3 in the ST class for the Cayman as well.
The Boss 302 had a very successful competition career in World Challenge.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:45 PM
stuntman
Instructor

Nice trackpak zizu! Now get that splitter installed,!

Quick Reply: GT350