Notices

GT350

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 06:40 PM
Suitcase
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 39 Posts

We all understand outsourcing. We all know what it's done to our economy. This parts outsourced to China and Mexico used in the Shelby shouldn't be the end of the conversation. It should be the beginning.

Originally Posted by neanicu
Are we biased? Perhaps,but I have held 88 pages from telling my opinion about this car.

American manufacturing? Sounds good. Unfortunately,as with everything else,Motorcraft makes parts all over the World,including China and Mexico...
Old 07-11-2016, 07:02 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts

My last post on this matter : I have learned time and time again...there's a reason these cars are cheaper. They would undoubtedly use better materials,make the cars more exotic/better build quality/lighter etc...but the cost would be unrealistic for their target customers.
Don't get me wrong : the performance package is GREAT for the money. It's a great car,but in my humble opinion,it's not Porsche GT great. And yes,I am biased. Yes,I have drank Kool-Aid...but nowhere near the excessive amounts that have been consumed on these last 89 pages. And when you come on here making ridiculous and pompous claims about some cars that are most likely better,be ready to eventually get called out!
Old 07-11-2016, 07:03 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

It's a nice Ford if you can get past the cheap looking interior,the dump truck seating position and the extra weight you're lugging around.
The best part is : you can buy parts from your local Autozone and the pickup drivers think you're cool.

I'll bet you're really fun at CarsnCoffee.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:05 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Para82
I'll bet you're really fun at CarsnCoffee.
I don't participate at C&C,but I am fun...
Old 07-11-2016, 07:05 PM
Para82
Race Car

My last post on this matter : I have learned time and time again...there's a reason these cars are cheaper. They would undoubtedly use better materials,make the cars more exotic/better build quality/lighter etc...but the cost would be unrealistic for their target customers.
Don't get me wrong : the performance package is GREAT for the money. It's a great car,but in my humble opinion,it's not Porsche GT great. And yes,I am biased. Yes,I have drank Kool-Aid...but nowhere near the excessive amounts that have been consumed on these last 89 pages. And when you come on here making ridiculous and pompous claims about some cars that are most likely better,be ready to eventually get called out!
Don't get upset because someone called out the GT4 as a parts bin car. I think there is a lot of butt-hurt with the fact the GT350 consistently wins award after award over the GT4. Be happy we all have so many options today.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:06 PM
Para82
Race Car

I don't participate at C&C,but I am fun...
Haha in your heart i'm sure you are
Old 07-11-2016, 07:11 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Don't get upset because someone called out the GT4 as a parts bin car. I think there is a lot of butt-hurt with the fact the GT350 consistently wins award after award over the GT4. Be happy we all have so many options today.
LMAO!

Like EVO best Sports Car of the year?! Or 2nd place in EVO's best track car of the year?! Or perhaps TOP Gear's best Sport car of the year?!

Please...as I've said : just like with alcohol,too much Kool-Aid can make you sick...
Old 07-11-2016, 07:16 PM
stuntman
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

The GT350R is faster on track than the GT4, Randy Post likes it more than the GT4... so it can't be that terrible
Old 07-11-2016, 07:19 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by stuntman
The GT350R is faster on track than the GT4, Randy Post likes it more than the GT4... so it can't be that terrible
That's great! I've quit racing before I have even started. And I've never won anything at DEs...

But seriously...far from me the thought that the 350 is " terrible "...
Old 07-11-2016, 07:23 PM
Para82
Race Car

LMAO!

Like EVO best Sports Car of the year?! Or 2nd place in EVO's best track car of the year?! Or perhaps TOP Gear's best Sport car of the year?!

Please...as I've said : just like with alcohol,too much Kool-Aid can make you sick...
Dude you realize you just cited all UK publications - how much time have you spent over there? I grew up in London, England - let me tell you 85% of them HATE YANKS ! Same goes for everything we make.

and Top Gear? Really? That's like watching Mr. Bean do cars - it's comedy.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by stuntman
Probably not, but it's as fast as a GT3 for ~1/3 the price.
An R would struggle to stay with a standard 991 GT3. It would hang with great effort only because of its' huge shoes. Period. Is that still an accomplishment for a $65K sport coupe. Yes. You bet.

Problem is you have to pay $20K over to get one.

Once the new Z28 hits and the new mid engine Corvettes hit you'll be able to get one at list.

Again, buy a used Basic 302 Boss, put headers, tune, a set of decent coil overs (call Strano) and 305 R888s square with light wheels and you are there also with less $$$$. And you don't have to worry about chipping or scratching your new GT350. Hell, you will even have $$$ to put in a roll cage or roll bar with a harness and 5 point belts. Still $$$$ to spare. Now you have a fast track attack weapon that is safe for the track.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:31 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Dude you realize you just cited all UK publications - how much time have you spent over there? I grew up in London - let me tell you 85% of them HATE YANKS ! Same goes for everything we make.
I'll try to stay away from that argument. It's your opinion... AFAIK,EVO is one of the most respected publications...
Speaking of " YANKS "...Motortrend gave best sports car to the AMG GT and the GT4 came 2nd. If you think that grandma paddle shifter fat pig is more of a sports car than the GT4,you have another thing coming...
Old 07-11-2016, 07:39 PM
stuntman
Instructor

Originally Posted by Waxer
An R would struggle to stay with a standard 991 GT3. It would hang with great effort only because of its' huge shoes. Period. Is that still an accomplishment for a $65K sport coupe. Yes. You bet.

Problem is you have to pay $20K over to get one.

Once the new Z28 hits and the new mid engine Corvettes hit you'll be able to get one at list.

Again, buy a used Basic 302 Boss, put headers, tune, a set of decent coil overs (call Strano) and 305 R888s square with light wheels and you are there also with less $$$$. And you don't have to worry about chipping or scratching your new GT350. Hell, you will even have $$$ to put in a roll cage or roll bar with a harness and 5 point belts. Still $$$$ to spare.
To equal or be within a second is hardly struggling. Any slight difference in driver talent would more than make up the difference. I still hold that your average Joe to Joe trackday guy would be faster in a 350R than a GT3, which is more difficult to get the last couple seconds out of.

I disagree. Given the same driver, a Boss with coilovers, headers, and 305 R888s will not be as fast as a 350R. It has severely less downforce, would still be slightly down on power, does not corner as well as the S550 (due to its wider track width & IRS) and would be burning up the trans & diff without coolers.

I agree the 350Rs performance isn't as appealing with an ADM, but it's still less than half the price of a GT3.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:44 PM
Para82
Race Car

I'll try to stay away from that argument. It's your opinion... AFAIK,EVO is one of the most respected publications...
Speaking of " YANKS "...Motortrend gave best sports car to the AMG GT and the GT4 came 2nd. If you think that grandma paddle shifter fat pig is more of a sports car than the GT4,you have another thing coming...
The coveted 2016 Road and Track Performance Car of the Year - Shelby GT350R - with lap times faster than both the new AMG GTS and the GT4. (Last year it was the 991 GT3).

And about a dozen other publication awards which are posted in this thread.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:49 PM
stuntman
Instructor

The AMG GTS is a pretty impressive and badass car.

Quick Reply: GT350