GT350

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 10:31 PM
abcut973
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by poofyo101
I know seems like it. 5-10k is max for me. will be a rare find for sure
Dealers are greedy at the moment. Huge demand not much supply so far. I gave up on finding one at 10k or less over. The car is good but not worth that much money! I think that ADM insanity will last until the end of the yeat.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:42 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by abcut973
Dealers are greedy at the moment. Huge demand not much supply so far. I gave up on finding one at 10k or less over. The car is good but not worth that much money! I think that ADM insanity will last until the end of the yeat.
Do you think they will continue to produce?
Old 07-10-2016, 12:23 AM
abcut973
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess it will be a 3 year run 2015 2016 2017.
The hype will die down when the next best thing will be out like the camaro or new vette. Some compare it to the boss 302. It will retain its value better but won't be as bad as now in a few years.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:38 AM
zizu
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Or GT500. It won't be cheap. Even without the ADM.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:46 PM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 100 Posts
Default ANGRY

I intended to leave this thread alone but I am fuming.

Have any of you seen the Jay Leno youtube on the 350-H program? The hertz legacy rental program of a mustang gt that has the coyote engine not the voodoo flat plane crank engine? Whelp, one of my issues was the size of this car for my place in the midwest but at sfo I can actually rent a mustang 350-H. It's been lightly breathed on by shelby with shocks and a muffler (etc I forget what else) so I live in SF and made a reservation. I hop on bart today after multiple hertz confirmations to go to the airport, get my paperwork to get the car - pictures forth coming if anyone is interested - space 47 - and the door is locked. Oh that is a special car we keep it locked. I go into their office and am told I need 4 forms of id to rent it. I ask them do you personally carry 4 forms ID - wtf? They disappear with my California id and tell me to wait. The manager comes out very apologetic and says she cannot rent the car to me for this sunny Sunday day because I am LOCAL.

They fear it will be cannibalized. I'm pi**ed and shocked. Had to simply go home. I packed a towel a swimsuit. Wanted to go up Hwy 1. Live the experience. Not so much now.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:56 PM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 100 Posts

deleted.

Fine off topic.

Last edited by PiB993; 07-10-2016 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:59 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by PiB993
I intended to leave this thread alone but I am fuming.

Have any of you seen the Jay Leno youtube on the 350-H program? The hertz legacy rental program of a mustang gt that has the coyote engine not the voodoo flat plane crank engine? Whelp, one of my issues was the size of this car for my place in the midwest but at sfo I can actually rent a mustang 350-H. It's been lightly breathed on by shelby with shocks and a muffler (etc I forget what else) so I live in SF and made a reservation. I hop on bart today after multiple hertz confirmations to go to the airport, get my paperwork to get the car - pictures forth coming if anyone is interested - space 47 - and the door is locked. Oh that is a special car we keep it locked. I go into their office and am told I need 4 forms of id to rent it. I ask them do you personally carry 4 forms ID - wtf? They disappear with my California id and tell me to wait. The manager comes out very apologetic and says she cannot rent the car to me for this sunny Sunday day because I am LOCAL.

They fear it will be cannibalized. I'm pi**ed and shocked. Had to simply go home. I packed a towel a swimsuit. Wanted to go up Hwy 1. Live the experience. Not so much now.
You missed nothing - that's just a GT, nothing special. They did you a favor.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:06 AM
stuntman
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Yup. It's slightly modified GT. Nothing close to a GT350.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:12 AM
DerStig
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lumber
We've hashed this out on the first pages of this thread months ago...
The build quality on the gt4 is in another league. Everything from the shifter to the seats is so much better. As it should be.
The gt350 is a great American muscle car. But it felt cheap to me. I'd rather be driving a 991 gt3 or gt4 when it comes down to it.
If you like having a bunch of cars in your garage, (I don't), you probably can add a gt350 and not be disappointed. I just wouldn't pick it over a gt4.
What is more important to you, the interior quality and the alcantra shifter and yellow stiches or high revving fpc that sounds, honestly, insane from any distance.

Gt4 is a toy car, its small, nimble, its fun. But its no gt3. If you were comparing the gt3 to the gt350, then you have a valid argument but a gt4 is no match for gt350, not from a performance perspective either in straight line, handling, and braking but also from a sound an excitement perspective. To me gt4 really sounds boring - it sounds nothing like a gt3. It doesnt rev much high at all, in fact I think it revs just as high or a bit higher than the new turbo m3 which I owned for 6 months and really disliked the low redline. Its a tiny car with the base carrera engine and gt3 parts. Its what they call a parts bin car. Like the 1M was for BMW. Fun car, yes, but its no supercar, and it costs a lot for what you get. 100k plus!

Gt4 is also wildly unpractical. Gt350 can carry 4 adults if need be. It can carry 2 kids in the back with car seat if your primary car breaks down. It has a sizeable trunk, in fact just a tad smaller than a 5 series which is huge. And what else can you do with a gt4? You can carry a 24 pack of beer probably I know I know, we dont buy these cars for grocery shopping but just like buying ANYTHING in life any product, you have to compare pluses and minuses.

The performance, sound, and handling you get from a gt4 for what 100k compared to gt350 for 60k is really pretty poor - RELATIVELY SPEAKING. Gt4 is an amazing car in vacuum. But, gt350 will run circles around it in any track any lap. Gt350 also has the largest brake rotors I have ever seen in any car, they are huge!
Old 07-11-2016, 10:44 AM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DerStig
What is more important to you, the interior quality and the alcantra shifter and yellow stiches or high revving fpc that sounds, honestly, insane from any distance. Gt4 is a toy car, its small, nimble, its fun. But its no gt3. If you were comparing the gt3 to the gt350, then you have a valid argument but a gt4 is no match for gt350, not from a performance perspective either in straight line, handling, and braking but also from a sound an excitement perspective. To me gt4 really sounds boring - it sounds nothing like a gt3. It doesnt rev much high at all, in fact I think it revs just as high or a bit higher than the new turbo m3 which I owned for 6 months and really disliked the low redline. Its a tiny car with the base carrera engine and gt3 parts. Its what they call a parts bin car. Like the 1M was for BMW. Fun car, yes, but its no supercar, and it costs a lot for what you get. 100k plus! Gt4 is also wildly unpractical. Gt350 can carry 4 adults if need be. It can carry 2 kids in the back with car seat if your primary car breaks down. It has a sizeable trunk, in fact just a tad smaller than a 5 series which is huge. And what else can you do with a gt4? You can carry a 24 pack of beer probably I know I know, we dont buy these cars for grocery shopping but just like buying ANYTHING in life any product, you have to compare pluses and minuses. The performance, sound, and handling you get from a gt4 for what 100k compared to gt350 for 60k is really pretty poor - RELATIVELY SPEAKING. Gt4 is an amazing car in vacuum. But, gt350 will run circles around it in any track any lap. Gt350 also has the largest brake rotors I have ever seen in any car, they are huge!
My neighbor bought my gt350 so I see/hear it every day. I don't miss it.

I had half a dozen friends drive the gt350 when I had it and no one was overly impressed. Said it was a cool car but overhyped. That's how I felt, cool, but meh.
I don't need back seats in my sports car, so that's not appealing. Just adds to the bigness.
A lot of people love the mustang, I'm just not one of them.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:52 AM
DerStig
Racer

Originally Posted by lumber
My neighbor bought my gt350 so I see/hear it every day. I don't miss it.

I had half a dozen friends drive the gt350 when I had it and no one was overly impressed. Said it was a cool car but overhyped. That's how I felt, cool, but meh.
I don't need back seats in my sports car, so that's not appealing. Just adds to the bigness.
A lot of people love the mustang, I'm just not one of them.
Fair enough, thats all good. I am just suprised that for someone who doesnt find mustang exciting, you find gt4 exciting. Its not an aggressive car by any measure, speed, sound, braking, turn-in, etc. To me GT4 is more of an elegant car than it is a pure madness/insanity which GT350 is as was the old mezger gt3/rs.

Also, when you say half a dozen people drove the 350 and didnt really like it, what was their background? i.e if you probably had a friend who owns an enzo or one of the other true hyper cars, yeah of course they are going to say that. This thread is full of people who has had multiple gt cars and they love the mustang so you are certainly in minority.

Regarding the backseat, I dont need them either. I have another car. But the point I was making is there may be a time you may need it and it will become very handy. Its just a huge additional plus for the ford. Porsche has always been extremely unpractical. They are so much fun, but really its a car for 1 person. To be able to keep up with the likes of GT cars in a track AND have a 8300 rpm redline AND that sound AND to top all of that to be able to carry 4 people and bunch of luggage in the trunk is a huge plus. There arent that many cars out there in fact gt350 is the only one besides the old e92 m3 which can tick all of those boxes.

Oh and it costs half of gt4 and 1/3 of gt3
Old 07-11-2016, 10:57 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Sound and looks are subjective. I think the GT350 is a nice car with performance ramped up from the Boss 302. Next step. But....I like the Boss 302 (especially the LS) better for many reasons. Won't delve into them unless asked but I have my reasons. Some subjective, some objective.

Over all the GT350 to me is OK. Cool car but it doesn't do anything for me. Driven them (track pack and seen a number of them).

But as to the GT4, to say a "gt350 will run circles around it in any track any lap. Gt350 also has the largest brake rotors I have ever seen in any car, they are huge!" is patently an incorrect statement. Any track? No.

The GT4 is a track weopon. On shorter siney tracks watch out!.They are capable of some tremedous pace.

I've driven both the Boss and GT350 at the track. GT350 is faster stock for stock mainly due to the size of the shoes it wears. It also has a little more push at top end and you can hold a gear a little longer. I didn't get out of the GT350 and say "oh my God! thats fast...or wow that is sooo much faster than the Boss". Simple its faster but not that much faster. A diffrence in driver can stil make a difference in which is faster.

There is alot of hype over the GT350. Again, after you put the Kool Aide down a Boss 302 with 305s, lighter wheels cuts the delta tremedously. Put headers on the Boss and a tune delta is just about gone. And the Boss weighs less. Brakes, oh, forgot. Put some Brembo race or Hawk pads in.

When the new Z28 comes out and when the new mid engine Vette come out you will be able to buy GT350s and R at list. Look at the old Z28. Look at the Hell Cat. Think the GT350/R is immune? Its not.

Gobs of GT350s for sale right now. I was offered one at list in May (track pack). Declined. Don't need it. My Boss TA3 will run rings around it and is safer.

You guys should focus more on safety rather than what the latest greatest car based on magazine "tests"that can out do another car by 2-3 seconds (which may not be accurate depending on many factors).

How many here can drive even a stock GT4 or a stock Boss 302 at the edge of performance safely? My bet is not many. If thats true why do you need the faster car? You become faster and improve the car as you improve.

So whats next, you buy the GT350, the new Z28 comes out and you bail for the Z28?

Work on your skills and focus on car safety and you will be faster in any any car.

I've passed McClarens and Lambo SV's in my old Boss. What does that mean?

Put the kool aide down guys.

Flame suit on.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:24 AM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DerStig
Fair enough, thats all good. I am just suprised that for someone who doesnt find mustang exciting, you find gt4 exciting. Its not an aggressive car by any measure, speed, sound, braking, turn-in, etc. To me GT4 is more of an elegant car than it is a pure madness/insanity which GT350 is as was the old mezger gt3/rs. Also, when you say half a dozen people drove the 350 and didnt really like it, what was their background? i.e if you probably had a friend who owns an enzo or one of the other true hyper cars, yeah of course they are going to say that. This thread is full of people who has had multiple gt cars and they love the mustang so you are certainly in minority. Regarding the backseat, I dont need them either. I have another car. But the point I was making is there may be a time you may need it and it will become very handy. Its just a huge additional plus for the ford. Porsche has always been extremely unpractical. They are so much fun, but really its a car for 1 person. To be able to keep up with the likes of GT cars in a track AND have a 8300 rpm redline AND that sound AND to top all of that to be able to carry 4 people and bunch of luggage in the trunk is a huge plus. There arent that many cars out there in fact gt350 is the only one besides the old e92 m3 which can tick all of those boxes. Oh and it costs half of gt4 and 1/3 of gt3
The gt4 is not an exciting car, I never said it was. I have a 991 rs for exciting. The gt4 is built much better and if I want to drive a manual, I would pick that over the gt350. That was my point.

Like myself, my friends that drove the mustang have/had every car under the sun, so they aren't easily impressed. And to them, the car was really cool. But no one asked where they could buy one.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:24 AM
DerStig
Racer

Ok, disclaimer : I have never owned a Ford in my life. I have also never driven the Boss 302. Everything you say makes sense when you consider the term - relatively speaking. For someone who owns Boss 302, mustang was probably a tad better car.

For someone who has never owned any mustang, drove BMWs and P cars all his life (not so insanely aggressive V8s anywhere), GT350 does have a lot of wow factor.

And remember this, I keep bringing up the cost and practicality.

GT4 is not a practical car. Full stop. Its a toy car. Its a Porsche as well in the end. The cost of fixing a porsche, tracking a porsche, and owning a porsche will be far more than that of a Ford. Anything from insurance to track insurance to any sort of minor to major maintenance work. GT4 is always going to be too much work. Even the fact that you have to remove a whole bunch of stuff to access the engine. GT4, along with all other Porsche GT cars will always require more effort, more care, and more time/money.

Ford is a ford at the end. The air filter costs $25. How much does Porsche's cost? Ford is a nice option for a track car for people who dont have money growing in their backyard. Its an affordable solution and the way it sounds, drives, and to be honest looks, is really a huge plus.

There was a time when you had to have a european car that cost 3x-4x more if you wanted good handling, good brakes, and performance. There was a time when american cars were, to be honest, embarrasing compared to the european counterparts in a track. Well I think we should all agree those times are over. The only reason I'd choose Pcar over an american one is refinement, elegancy, and build quality. Performance and handling is no longer in that list.

Originally Posted by Waxer
Sound and looks are subjective. I think the GT350 is a nice car with performance ramped up from the Boss 302. Next step. But....I like the Boss 302 (especially the LS) better for many reasons. Won't delve into them unless asked but I have my reasons. Some subjective, some objective.

Over all the GT350 to me is OK. Cool car but it doesn't do anything for me. Driven them (track pack and seen a number of them).

But as to the GT4, to say a "gt350 will run circles around it in any track any lap. Gt350 also has the largest brake rotors I have ever seen in any car, they are huge!" is patently an incorrect statement. Any track? No.

The GT4 is a track weopon. On shorter siney tracks watch out!.They are capable of some tremedous pace.

I've driven both the Boss and GT350 at the track. GT350 is faster stock for stock mainly due to the size of the shoes it wears. It also has a little more push at top end and you can hold a gear a little longer. I didn't get out of the GT350 and say "oh my God! thats fast...or wow that is sooo much faster than the Boss". Simple its faster but not that much faster. A diffrence in driver can stil make a difference in which is faster.

There is alot of hype over the GT350. Again, after you put the Kool Aide down a Boss 302 with 305s, lighter wheels cuts the delta tremedously. Put headers on the Boss and a tune delta is just about gone. And the Boss weighs less. Brakes, oh, forgot. Put some Brembo race or Hawk pads in.

When the new Z28 comes out and when the new mid engine Vette come out you will be able to buy GT350s and R at list. Look at the old Z28. Look at the Hell Cat. Think the GT350/R is immune? Its not.

Gobs of GT350s for sale right now. I was offered one at list in May (track pack). Declined. Don't need it. My Boss TA3 will run rings around it and is safer.

You guys should focus more on safety rather than what the latest greatest car based on magazine "tests"that can out do another car by 2-3 seconds (which may not be accurate depending on many factors).

How many here can drive even a stock GT4 or a stock Boss 302 at the edge of performance safely? My bet is not many. If thats true why do you need the faster car? You become faster and improve the car as you improve.

So whats next, you buy the GT350, the new Z28 comes out and you bail for the Z28?

Work on your skills and focus on car safety and you will be faster in any any car.

I've passed McClarens and Lambo SV's in my old Boss. What does that mean?

Put the kool aide down guys.

Flame suit on.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:34 AM
lumber
Burning Brakes

I agree, if you're going to be tracking the gt350, it's a no brainer.

Quick Reply: GT350