Notices

A brief message to the new G-R forum readers...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 03:04 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
As with Varioram Porsche engines.
Come on Bull - stay on topic man. This is a POS Honduh board. The closest that GhettoChicken comes to variable tuning is all the leaks that he has not found in his intake, exhaust and excuses.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
Come on Bull - stay on topic man. This is a POS Honduh board. The closest that GhettoChicken comes to variable tuning is all the leaks that he has not found in his intake, exhaust and excuses.
Just shaddap you old tur.....er, I mean that wasn't very nice about 120 years old remark, now was it?
Old 06-24-2007, 03:09 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bull
Just shaddap you old tur.....er, I mean that wasn't very nice about 120 years old remark, now was it?
Yes, but you have to admit that as dumb and second grade as that comment was, it was a huge step up for GhettoChicken.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
Yes, but you have to admit that as dumb and second grade as that comment was, it was a huge step up for GhettoChicken.
Putting together complete sentences would be a huge step up for GhettoChicken. Now you want some sign of intelligence on top of that????!!!!!

So, GhettoChicken sold on of "his" POS cars (I don't believe for a minute that they are all his, if any are)? Now he can buy some more useless bolt-on engine bling for his home boys to sherk 'n jerk all around.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to clear some things up about Reno-Fernley, especially since I just organized an event there this past weekend. First off, RFR does NOT have any weekends available for the remainder of the year. Second, it is not necessarily a three-mile track. Configuration H, for instance, is 2.3 miles, and config A is 4.1 miles. There are lots of configs you can use, but races and time trials tend to be run on config H. RFR costs about $14k to run an event at, not including the catering charges and the money for refreshements and snacks. I just spent over $15k to run our event last weekend.

To summarize -- I just asked Jeremy Cable, the track manager at RFR, about availability YESTERDAY. He said there were not any weekend slots available. Check your facts before you bull**** Frank. I of all people should know, since I am a track event organizer. And I have been for over five years, without any help. You have NEVER organized an event -- I doubt you have any idea about how much work goes into track day organization. Finally, if you have never seen RFR, I wouldn't go taking your so-called challenge there. The 4.1 mile track is just plain dangerous for any level of driver if you've never at least tested there.

So there's your very truthful information about Reno-Fernley Raceway. Jeremy would have told me if there was an available weekend, because he knows I would be able to get enough drivers to pay him. You, Frank, couldn't get more than five or six, two or three of them on this forum. You better start working overtime if you think you've got a chance of paying for a weekend there. Man, you are so full of it.

***Off my soapbox now.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ghettogarbage => <= Bonster!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:34 PM
jester911
Drifting

Bonster, there you go confusing him with facts again.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Lol, Jerry. I just don't like it when I see someone talking **** about one of the tracks that keeps bread on my table. At this time, there are NO tracks, at least not in northern California, that have openings on the weekends. They are already filled up by organizers like myself, Track Masters, Unlimited Laps, etc.. None are filled by the GCC07 wannabe challenge, and never will be. You don't just call up a track and expect them to give you a date if you haven't even organized something before. That really is some stupid thinking. Who the heck do you think you are, really, Frank? The tracks around here take on people they TRUST, through years of our committment to putting on prosperous track events and races there. For you to have a track supply a track rental, you would have to ride in on the coat tails of a group that has a proven record. That's just how it goes. If you don't believe me, just ask any event organizer. They'll back up this post.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Very nice post Bonster! But....you made a couple of assumptions that I believe are highly unlikely to ever happen. First, you assumed that he could get ANYONE from this Forum to show-up....unless he posted a Bond equivalent to $10k times the number of registered participants. Second, you assumed that GhettoChicken is working at all, or could actually hold a job, since you said "work overtime". I suggest that he is unemployable, and flunked out of his training for asking "would you like paper or plastic"? Third, you assumed he even knows where R-F is located.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:58 PM
jester911
Drifting

Bonster, I believe you. Thats why I said the "facts" are what is confusing. I have come to this theory on GR. I think he lives in a different reality than most of us.

Most of us actually try to do the things we say are going to do. If we say we are racing we are racing. In his world he only has to type it here and it is so. It must the that higher level of conscience that he has attained that allows him to be a pro race car drover without actually doing it.

He is so much more advanced in his mental state than us mere mortals that we don't recognize his greatness. Maybe one day we too can acheive that lofty state.

Last edited by jester911; 06-25-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Actually, come to think of it, if I were to organize an actual RACE -- a timed, competition event -- the cost would probably be a couple grand more as the insurance is higher, and more crew would be required (second ambulance, second fire truck, etc.).

I can't answer your statements, Bob, except that Reno-Fernley is located about 35 miles east of Reno. Take Interstate 80 (in your case) west. Then you turn right onto Alt route 95. The track is about six miles down, past a small airport, on your right. Come on out sometime. I can show you the line.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:12 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

This ladies and gentlemen (using the term loosely of course) is why the Bonster is our Minister of Defense. Don't mess with the Bonster!
Old 06-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Lol, Mike. Just stating the facts is all. But it does irritate me that someone has the nerve to think that they can get a track day just for asking. I have been through a lot of ups and downs trying to keep my business alive, especially in the beginning when I was still a no-name. I have put in a lot of work, money, and time to make us a successful track group today. If I didn't love motorsports as much as I do, I would have thrown in the towell years ago. I have seen at least five groups come and go just in the time that T.E.A.M. Racing has been around. But I (sometimes painfully) kept at it, and it's finally paying off. I love to see people smile, and I get lots of compliments about our group. We have some of the nicest drivers, too! And we have the (at least at this time) best record in regards to safety. In over five years, with more than 100 events, we have only had three incidents. I hated to see those wrecks, but I am so proud of our drivers for doing such a great job staying safe and having fun. We are finally officially on the map, and we have over 1000 drivers and 80 instructors in our database. I am really glad I took the plunge.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

BTW, Mike, I thought of you when I had martinis this past weekend. I've not really been into them in the past, but now I think I'm kind of liking them, especially after a hot, windy day at the track, watching other people drive (I did demo a car once -- but that wasn't much fun as I was only going about 50% -- the car had super hard street tires and was squirrelly as it gets).
Old 06-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Bonster

I can't answer your statements, Bob, except that Reno-Fernley is located about 35 miles east of Reno. Take Interstate 80 (in your case) west. Then you turn right onto Alt route 95. The track is about six miles down, past a small airport, on your right. Come on out sometime. I can show you the line.
I do know where it is. I was just pointing out that GhettoeLiarChicken does not. (I try to spend some time in Incline Village each year or so, and fly into Reno). And I bet you could.................

Quick Reply: A brief message to the new G-R forum readers...