Notices

A brief message to the new G-R forum readers...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 03:44 PM
weneversleep
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
Grown up and learn to be responsible for your actions.
Sod off, GR. I am responsible for my actions. From what I read on this forum, and what I've seen in pictures of wrecked/damaged cars and your following excuses, it sounds like YOU need to take responsibility for YOUR actions.

Believe me, I know what "slip angle" is, and I know when you're driving a car at the limit (which, BTW, I still contend that you shouldn't do at a DE, especially in a street car that isn't prepared for the track with a cage, etc.). What I'm saying is that, if you go acting like a jackass and drift around corners like you see those idiots do on the riceboy shows on TV, at a PCA DE event, you'll get thrown out for sure.

Then again, I'm pretty sure that no PCA DE event would even have you at their event, given what kind of reputation you have. I'd LOVE to see you come down here and run a DE event with VR...
Old 07-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by weneversleep
Then again, I'm pretty sure that no PCA DE event would even have you at their event, given what kind of reputation you have. I'd LOVE to see you come down here and run a DE event with VR...
Yeah, no worries...he's banned from most of the respectable groups anyway.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

You are still not understanding how DEs work, Frank. You must fit THEIR mold, not the other way around. If you think the organization is too strict, don't run with them. But don't expect myself or anyone else to relax their safety standards just so you -- just one driver among thousands -- will drive with them. If a person is not living up to the safety standards that my group has set forth, they are not asked to return. And frankly, 99% of our drivers EXPECT that kind of attitude from me. It's why they keep coming back.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:19 PM
weneversleep
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bonster
You are still not understanding how DEs work, Frank. You must fit THEIR mold, not the other way around. If you think the organization is too strict, don't run with them. But don't expect myself or anyone else to relax their safety standards just so you -- just one driver among thousands -- will drive with them. If a person is not living up to the safety standards that my group has set forth, they are not asked to return. And frankly, 99% of our drivers EXPECT that kind of attitude from me. It's why they keep coming back.
What really scares me is that he is (was) an INSTRUCTOR.

I'm curious: how did he ever become an instructor with an attitude like that? I would imagine that any DE organization would spot that attitude right away and he would have never been invited to become an instructor.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:44 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I would never put myself or my car on the track at a DE event that allowed instructors with the kind of attitude GooberRectum has. Just as Bonni said, students expect DE's to be run as a tight ship.

Bonni, what the heck are you doing online?????? You should have other things to do.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:00 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Every organizer has their own feelings and pet peeves. I respect their rules for the most part but when it comes to my seat time that I'm earning because I'm helping (instructing) I will rightfully take advantage of my times on the track and push the limits.

You have been judging me based on my forum postings not because of the actual work I've done at TEAM in the past. I instruct not only for free seat time, but because I love helping ppl and watch them progress. There are plenty of DE's I can instruct at. If anything I've skippped instructing at least 8 days this year already because I didn't feel like it; I need w2w seat time.

To me it's your loss not mine. But then again you've said you've got more instructors than you need. So it's not real loss to you. Big deal. Get off the holy chair Bon. You're NOT the only DE program. Not by far. There are dozens of organizers.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:05 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

What really scares me is that he is (was) an INSTRUCTOR.

I'm curious: how did he ever become an instructor with an attitude like that? I would imagine that any DE organization would spot that attitude right away and he would have never been invited to become an instructor.
I still am. I just instructed at DrifxBattle 2 day event over the weekend at Buttonwillow. I have more skills than you can imagine. I would help you out if you see me at any track and you ask me. But your prejudiced *** would probably never put your own ego aside and ask me for help. Been DE'ing since 1996 and instructing since 1999.

As for PCA/POC events, never been to one because I don't have a Porsche and I don't think they let non-Porsche's run. FartMachine would smoke at least 1/3 of the field easily...
Old 07-24-2007, 08:05 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

You have been judging me based on my forum postings not because of the actual work I've done at TEAM in the past. I instruct not only for free seat time, but because I love helping ppl and watch them progress. There are plenty of DE's I can instruct at. If anything I've skippped instructing at least 8 days this year already because I didn't feel like it; I need w2w seat time.

Name one.

FWIW the drifting event that you mention wasn't a DE according to their info on their website.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:09 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

As for PCA/POC events, never been to one because I don't have a Porsche and I don't think they let non-Porsche's run. FartMachine would smoke at least 1/3 of the field easily...

Sweet you are talking about beating people at a DE again. BRILLIANT
Old 07-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been DE'ing since 1996 and instructing since 1999.
Hmmm....I've been DE'ing since 1983 and instructing since 1985. Shouldn't you have the utmost respect for my ability and opinions in this area?
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:30 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Haven't you noticed when you show me some common courtesy and respect I return it?
Old 07-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
Oh, wow, just about spit my Coke all over the screen on this one.

Do I need to go drag up the thread about Ghetto crashing his Spec Miata and then blaming it on everyone but himself?

Ahem...he is proud of it

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 02-20-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 822 Posts

I'd LOVE to see you come down here and run a DE event with VR...

Yeah, that would be the high point of my day, too.

Hey, GhettoNonRacer, guess what? PCA allows non-porsches to run, at least down here. Come on down & show us how your DiarrheaMachine "would smoke at least 1/3 of the field easily..."

I dare ya.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Hmmm....I've been DE'ing since 1983 and instructing since 1985. Shouldn't you have the utmost respect for my ability and opinions in this area?
Haven't you noticed when you show me some common courtesy and respect I return it?
Not really. You haven't answered my question, and you haven't apologized for insulting my abilities. If you want respect, you first need to give it to others. I'm sure that there is something like that in your zen philosophies. If you are not going to respect me, why would I want to deal with you at all?
Old 07-24-2007, 09:23 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Ehh? You've insulted me plenty in the past. Why should I show you respect if you don't return it? Besides, this has been bench racing anyway. Until we race together it's all speculations.

Quick Reply: A brief message to the new G-R forum readers...