Notices

A brief message to the new G-R forum readers...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TD in DC
neener neener
Old 06-21-2007, 05:13 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by 9444Alexis
Ummm.......did you mean OBD? <on board diagnostics>?

Back pressure does help some engines....I wasn't sure about Honda, never tweaked the little imports, just did valve gapping on my old one <have scars>.
engine dependent of course... but the highly efficient Honda engines doesn't like/need any back pressure at all. the turds want to talk about a subject they have absolutely no clue of it's laughable.

I am assuming by "extractor" you're using venturi effect to clear the cylinders? Not familiar with that term.
some call it header, some call it exhaust manifold, some call it extractor. functions the same.

Out of curiosity, how are you getting 100 octane any more? Must be blood to run that car. Were the dyno readings at the 18 degree timing?
i'm a cheap ***. the CTR pistons in it has way to big of a dome and impedes flame travel. our experience has been a flat top or a moderately dome piston design works much better than such a huge dome. combustion chamber design is critical.

What's the gearing? Are you gearing for top end or torque?
just good old ITR/B16A gearing. it's close ratio speed by most standards. FartMachine has 4.785 FD instead of the stock 4.4.

I assume the intakes are larger bore? How are you going to get the fuel flow to adjust without starving your mixture and overheating? Do you tune until you're on the edge of a lean misfire?
just a el cheapo ebay 3" shortram intake for now. a bit of room for improvement on the intake setup. haven't had time to build/modify the new setup. with Neptune we have full access to the fuel/ignition map.

The fuel pump going to be upgraded to match? I would think it would be tough to change too many intakes without modding the fuel pump as well.....
nope, Honda fuel pump is plenty fine for all motor applicaitons. if needed Walbro high pressure fuel pumps are only $100 or so and support upwards of 600 whp. FM currently runs 270 cc injectors from NSX C30A engine. stock injectors are 240 cc.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:23 PM
2BWise
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghettoracer
engine dependent of course... but the highly efficient Honda engines doesn't like/need any back pressure at all. the turds want to talk about a subject they have absolutely no clue of it's laughable.
Setup dependent ghetto!
You're running a cheapo ebay intake and a "who the hell cares" header. How do you know you don't need any backpressure? These parts obviously aren't matched, so what are your flow characteristics in and out of the cylinder?

What kind of lift, duration, and overlap are you running? Without knowing your flow rates, too much timing without enough back pressure is going to lower your effieciency.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

But, we don't know anything right???? What an asswipe the GettoChicken is these days! He couldn't tune a Honda lawnmower. Now you expect him to actually use a flow-bench????
Old 06-21-2007, 10:37 PM
2BWise
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Flowbench? I wasn't expecting that much from him. Thought he might at least spit out some design numbers...oh wait, he'd have to go looked that up off of wiki first.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 822 Posts

GhettoNonRacer is a world-class MORON.

Here is the shirt I will wear when I kick his *** on track:

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 02-20-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:45 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor

Here is the shirt I will wear when I kick his *** on track:

So what you are telling me is that you are never going to where that shirt.

NOTE: It's not because he'd beat you that you aint' gonna where the shirt.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 822 Posts

correctamundo
Old 06-22-2007, 12:19 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

I'm a Dodge girl . . . I personally approve of that shirt, Dave! I like you more and more every day.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:30 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by 2BWise
Setup dependent ghetto!
You're running a cheapo ebay intake and a "who the hell cares" header. How do you know you don't need any backpressure? These parts obviously aren't matched, so what are your flow characteristics in and out of the cylinder?

What kind of lift, duration, and overlap are you running? Without knowing your flow rates, too much timing without enough back pressure is going to lower your effieciency.
cheap intake came from last owner. car updating is in progress. Comptech 4-2-1 header was formerly on it. it isn't the best Honda header but it certainly isn't a slouch. who the hell cares? obviously you have no clue who Comptech is... or do you?

are you a nerd that's dependent on specs?! obviously you haven't play with enough engines... they can be kind of finicky and each engine has its own characters. you have 2 motors built exactly the same way and the results are different. why?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:35 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
you have 2 motors built exactly the same way and the results are different. why?
Because they are not in fact exactly the same grasshoppa.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:10 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

That's IT, Frank! You are telling folks that you are supposedly an engine tuner, then you say, and I quote, "are you a nerd that's dependent on specs?! " Get the heck outta here. You are losing your mind! Ah, forget it, you will never understand the questions set before you any more than you'll understand your grasp of the English language. Take or leave it -- HWFMR didn't call me the 'minister of defense' for nothing. You are so full of crap that your eyes are turning brown!

Sorry all -- even *I* get ticked off now and again. But you know -- it's ALL due to Frank's thought that I merelly am undergoing PMS. Yeah -- whatEVER. You're a dip job Frank. Freakin' teabaggrer-********.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:15 AM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
are you a nerd that's dependent on specs?! obviously you haven't play with enough engines... they can be kind of finicky and each engine has its own characters. you have 2 motors built exactly the same way and the results are different. why?
Now THAT is funny stuff... he's talking about the science and process of doing a proper engine build, and you're talking about a "keep swapping **** until it sounds cool" mentality.

Sounds like AckMe Engineering does all it's engineering/blueprinting in crayons or finger paints.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:23 AM
jester911
Drifting

Hackmee Engineering can't be held back by trivial things like specs. After install of a Vornado and a cool collar there will be no holding back.

I did find a new tranny engineered by them though. Here is the **** for it.

Last edited by jester911; 09-08-2007 at 08:23 AM.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:58 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jerry, while that look odd at first, it is just because you haven't plays with enouf transmassions, so are clue less. If you knew about the new Crapmee Enginearing short-shrift kit it hases, you would know how good they works.

4-2-1 headers on a 4 cyl engine? What a dumb sh*t!

Quick Reply: A brief message to the new G-R forum readers...