Notices

A brief message to the new G-R forum readers...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
Sorry all -- even *I* get ticked off now and again. But you know -- it's ALL due to Frank's thought that I merelly am undergoing PMS. Yeah -- whatEVER. You're a dip job Frank. Freakin' teabaggrer-********.
Don't apologise for going off on him, he deserves it. Besides, women are either really beautiful, or funny as hell when they get mad; take your pick.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Larry. I just don't get it when someone claims they are building some kind of great engine, then they don't go by the specs. I admittedly do not build engines, but even I know that you need to go by specs to do it right. Some things just cannot be done using the hit and miss technique.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:41 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Dag nabbit Bonni you stupid gurl . . . each engine "evolves" according to its individual chi. You should meditate with your honda, do yoga with your honda, feel the power of the chi inherent in each of earth's creations. You feed the spirit, and the chi will take care of everything else. dynos and flowbenches suck the energy away from the chi . . . Do I have to explain everything?
Old 06-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

That was so good, Todd, that I almost thought GR was taking over your chi! ROFL. I dropped my chi off this morning . . . don't ask me where. HA!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 822 Posts

Jerry that is HILARIOUS!

Bonni, thanks.

Larry, are you still using maxi's, or have you upgraded to super's?
Old 06-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks for what, VR? Hmmm . . . well, whatever it is, I'm happy to oblige. Wait . . . I need to put that in writing. Todd???
Old 06-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Larry, are you still using maxi's, or have you upgraded to super's?
I'm onto the supers. Gotta keep pace with you.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 822 Posts

Bonni, how quickly you forget the moments we have: https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=144

Larry, I are a trendsetter, yo.

JGrant...LMFAO!!!
Old 06-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Gotcha, Dave. John has a Dodge -- if he had a Ford (sorry Ford fans -- nothing personal), I'd not be dating him. Materialistic? Nah, I just know what I want. Years ago, in high school, one of my friends' dad worked at a Dodge dealership. For Christmas, I got a satin jacket that said, "Dodge girls have more fun!" I miss that jacket. So you see, I've been a Dodge fan (well, their trucks anyway) since way back when -- even back when Dodge went through it's junker phase. Some things just never change.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Besides, women are either really beautiful, or funny as hell when they get mad; take your pick.
Larry, I thought about that a bit, and you know I think you're right...
Old 06-22-2007, 11:17 AM
2BWise
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
cheap intake came from last owner. car updating is in progress. Comptech 4-2-1 header was formerly on it. it isn't the best Honda header but it certainly isn't a slouch. who the hell cares? obviously you have no clue who Comptech is... or do you?

are you a nerd that's dependent on specs?! obviously you haven't play with enough engines... they can be kind of finicky and each engine has its own characters. you have 2 motors built exactly the same way and the results are different. why?
WOW! You, sir, are an absolute IDIOT, but we already knew that. You buy all these parts for your car with absolutely no knowledge of why. Typical ricer mentality, buy some random *** parts and slap them on. Dependent on specs? No. Dependent on the reasoning behind what you've done. You tote yourself as some amazing engine builder and tuner, but obviously have no F_CKING clue to what you're doing. I've played with plenty of engines, especially Hondas, design, build, and tune every part. That's why I'm calling you out. You, sir, know nothing, but we already knew that.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Woah . . . go Bill! It's great to see a real Honda tuner here . . . I hate to tell you, though; now that you've called Frank on it, he will avoid this thread like the plague. So what kinda kart are you running? I've only been to the little indoor tracks with cheapo Briggs & Stratton autoshifters with hardly any hp until recently. A few weeks ago, I got to take a friend's (he said it had 67-ish hp) kart out to a real outdoor kart track up near Reno. WOW! That was a BLAST! I can't believe the amount of vibration!!! And you're so close to the exhaust! It was an amazing experience. I wonder if becoming more involved in karting will help my car racing abilities? What do you think?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:53 PM
2BWise
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I know that post just scared Frank away for another week, but we're better off for it anyways. There will never be a response to that, but oh well, I'll just copy-paste it next time he tries talking engine stuff. I've got no problem with him if he's got any information or reasoning, faulty or not, for how he builds engines, but this "because I said so it works" is absolute bull$hit and all the more reason to call him out on it.

As far as the kart goes, no its not a kart. Its basically a miniature version of a toyota atlantic or formula mazda without the wings. Its a mere 450 lbs, 600cc Honda I-4 running thru a 20mm restrictor, full independent suspension, blah, blah, you get the point. They're an absolute blast. It'll pull just shy of 2 g laterally, well over 2 g braking. It's funny though I've learned more about driving it thru tracking the 944 than all the time I've got in the formula car. The one thing that helps is the fact that going from one to another you have to learn to adjust very fast. Limits are completely different and I've found that its broadened my driving ability and knowledge. Too bad you're not closer to OH though, I could get you a drive in it.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

That does sound like a fun little car to drive! Do you take it on the full-sized tracks? Or do you go to something more like a kart track? Don't tease me about taking a drive in it . . . I live only seven miles from an international airport.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2BWise
Too bad you're not closer to OH though, I could get you a drive in it.
Woohooo, road trip to Ohio!

Quick Reply: A brief message to the new G-R forum readers...