Notices

A brief message to the new G-R forum readers...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plan on doing your trip to IC in mid to late June next year, then Bob. The track manager told me that they are about to finish building a new classroom, new drivers lounge, and they are building bathrooms (yes, with running water, FINALLY) as well. I'll even give folks from Rennlist (well, most of them -- at least one is not welcome) some kind of discount for their efforts to get out and see this fantastic 4.1-mile track. This would be a great way to meet you all, and it would be fun to share with you a new track. I hope Mike comes out, too -- I'll supply the Tanqueray.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:23 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
BTW, Mike, I thought of you when I had martinis this past weekend. I've not really been into them in the past, but now I think I'm kind of liking them, especially after a hot, windy day at the track, watching other people drive (I did demo a car once -- but that wasn't much fun as I was only going about 50% -- the car had super hard street tires and was squirrelly as it gets).
rhut rhoh, once you've developed a taste for a martini, there's no turning back. bwahahaha. There's nothing like that initial taste bud rush of an ice cold martini to make you go ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Try out Tanqueray Ten sometime. It's got a very nice taste to it.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:44 AM
weneversleep
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike: if you think Tanqueray 10 is great, you should try Hendrick's. That's all my wife (the martini drinker in my family) will drink these days.

--michael
Old 06-26-2007, 02:12 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks for the advice, Mike. John said about the same thing -- I bought him a bottle of 10 for his birthday back in May. If I like this, maybe I'll try Michael's wife's suggestion, as well.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:45 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Lol, Jerry. I just don't like it when I see someone talking **** about one of the tracks that keeps bread on my table. At this time, there are NO tracks, at least not in northern California, that have openings on the weekends. They are already filled up by organizers like myself, Track Masters, Unlimited Laps, etc.. None are filled by the GCC07 wannabe challenge, and never will be. You don't just call up a track and expect them to give you a date if you haven't even organized something before. That really is some stupid thinking. Who the heck do you think you are, really, Frank? The tracks around here take on people they TRUST, through years of our committment to putting on prosperous track events and races there. For you to have a track supply a track rental, you would have to ride in on the coat tails of a group that has a proven record. That's just how it goes. If you don't believe me, just ask any event organizer. They'll back up this post.
you're such a dumbass bon... what does open test and tune sound like? anybody can go. since there's only like 3-4 drivers that's planning to be at GCC07, there's no need to do an fancy exclusive rental when a test & tune day is sufficient. get over yourself... being an event master doesn't make you a special person. ANYBODY can rent a track if they have money. stupid. this is America, money talks.

What: Open Test and Tune
Where: Road Course
When: 7/28/2007
Info: Test and Tune

All welcome, Competition license or RFR Track Permit required.

Please call the office to schedule. Please understand that if we do not have a minimum number of drivers/riders we will not open.

You will be required to leave your name and phone number (in case of cancellation). If you are reserving for a group please be prepared to give the name and phone numbers for each person coming.

All Classes and types are welcome. Competition license or RFR Track Permit required.

Race prepped vehicles please. See Test and Tune rules in the visitor information area. www.reno-fernleyraceway.com/track_road_rules.php

For car preperation info www.reno-fernleyraceway.com/track_tech_sheet.php

Gates open at 8AM for registration.
Morning session drivers MANDATORY meeting is at 8:30AM Track goes hot at 9AM.
*If you miss the morning drivers meeting you will have to wait until the afternoon session.

Afternoon session drivers MANDATORY meeting is at 12:30PM for a 1PM start.
End of the day is at 4:30PM.
Gates Close at 5:30PM.

Let's go racing!

CAR & DRIVER
FULL DAY $170.00 Second Driver $75.00
HALF DAY $110.00 Second Driver $50.00
Old 06-27-2007, 10:48 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

You have NEVER organized an event -- I doubt you have any idea about how much work goes into track day organization.
You are WRONG as usual. I did one in 2003 @ Buttonwillow.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

See, GhettoChicken isn't really organizing anything. He is just doing his usual LIAR crap. Then he calls an accomplished event organizer some names, and now he will again run and hide again.

He is so predictable, and such a consistent LOSER!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
You are WRONG as usual. I did one in 2003 @ Buttonwillow.
***No, you supposedly helped someone out. You did not organize anything yourself. Next lie? Oh, and the thing about RFR's test and tune. That would not be you organizing anything, either. AND it is not a full on track event or race day. It is a way for the track to generate revenue. To get that track permit, you must either have a current race license with either SCCA or NASA, or you must be cleared either by the track's own school, or one such as mine. Don't even try Frank -- I know more than you do on this subject. Spewing nonsense won't get you anywhere.

And watch what you say to folks like me, at least in regard to track days and such -- I can make life awful difficult for you at our local tracks, including RFR. Now who needs to get over themselves, huh, 'dumbass'? I don't need to get over myself -- I take pride in the fact that I've been in this self-sustaining business for over five years now. I worked hard to get where I am at, so insults from you don't do a thing for me. If you'd only get a clue, life could be so much more pleasant for you. Oh well, you can lead a horse to water . . .
Old 06-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

One more thing, Frank . . . no, anybody cannot rent the track just because the plop the money on the table unless that day is already available. Once the track and an organizer sign the contract, that day belongs to that group unless they cancel. You are so clueless on how this works.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One more thing, Frank . . . no, anybody cannot rent the track just because the plop the money on the table unless that day is already available. Once the track and an organizer sign the contract, that day belongs to that group unless they cancel. You are so clueless on how this works.
Another one of GhettoChicken's ironies. He thinks that you can just throw money at any problem, yet he has no money himself.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:58 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

you two are such captain obvious...
Old 07-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

you two are such captain obvious...
For someone who doesn't care about this forum, you sure did manage to waste your time in order to bring an old and dead thread back to the top.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
For someone who doesn't care about this forum, you sure did manage to waste your time in order to bring an old and dead thread back to the top.

Too true, Bryan!
Old 07-24-2007, 08:00 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

i was bored the other night. duh. that's a good quickie ******* CHIken performed on Bryant. you guys are great at it.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:31 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

that's a good quickie ******* CHIken performed on Bryant. you guys are great at it.
I wouldn't know the difference between a good and a bad performance. Obviously you do.

Instead of sitting at the keyboard, why don't you go out and learn how to drive, no talent.

Quick Reply: A brief message to the new G-R forum readers...