Notices

Okay, my babbling thead - or, inside the brain of Ghetto Erectus, if you will.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 06:38 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's 7:40 AM here, i've been up since 5:30 am. i've been watching a lot of morning news and shows here. they have super high qualify of programming here. it's quite amazing. SOOOO much better than the stuff shown on TV in USA. lots of good content on a wide variety of subjects.

currently they are showing an 11 year sold girl who's talented in fencing (well, she's been training since a little kid though). looks like she won some national competition already. her name is Shiori, not sure of her last name. she is so adorable. looks like she is on the Japan National Team already unless i'm mistaken. sweet. she's bad ***...
Old 03-10-2007, 09:22 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkwIOguvEeE

okay, the kids that filmed this video are typical disrespectful American youths who have seen nothing in real life. yah maybe they've seen some inner city guns and violence but that IS NOT LIFE. that's the ****ed up material world. i'm talking about nature, the old ways of living... those arts are still around but they are getting more rare. it does exists in "modern" world too, but it's a lot harder to find. i guess that's why even tough Bikram Yoga is highly commercialized (it's a franchise) I still like it a lot, because it is something in the right direction.

true life = body/mind/spirit connection....

damn kids pissed me off... the guy is a viet vet for crying out loud. he's not a bum, he's a hero. at least he didn't get jacked up from the war that he's just a drunk.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:09 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

I used to hate taking photos as a kid... but ever since the digital age, I like it a lot. I take tons of pix with my little digital elph... but lately I've been thinking how nice it is to have a bigger camera with nice big length with lot of optical zoom. So I can take pictures of race cars @ track as well as shoot images of kids playing from a distance (otherwise they become aware of you and they get shy). Anyway, been reading a 'lil bit on some photo forums...

geez, this dgicam is bad ***. 160 mega pixels, file size about 1 GB uncompressed.
haha. it is totally gangster.

============================================

http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/20/s...60-megapixels/

Seitz 6x17 Digital shoots at 160 megapixels

Posted Sep 20th 2006 6:03PM by Cyrus Farivar
Filed under: Digital Cameras

When we first spotted this new cam from Seitz, our jaws hit the floor and rebounded a few times. No, it's not the highest megapixel count we've seen, but this megalith of a camera shoots at 160 megapixels to create a native 6 x 17-cm image, is packed with an ISO range from 500 to 10,000, a read-out speed of 300MB per second, and a shutter speed of 1/20,000th second. So the next question is, how are you going to store such huge image files (nearly 1 GB per uncompressed full panorama), certainly not on your off-the-shelf 16GB SDHC card, nor the upcoming 64GB CompactFlash cards -- but rather via gigabit Ethernet to Seitz's "state-of-the-art computer system", which translates to a decked out Mac mini. So what will this much imaging power cost you? 45,500 Swiss francs ($36,266) for the "mobile version" and 42,300 Swiss francs ($33,715) for the "studio version", and we're assuming that the Mac mini is included for that price. However, given that this camera isn't quite what you'd front for a down payment on a Swiss châlet, the 6x17 Digital surely must be affordable to average working-class Zürich banker set, no? You can catch a glimpse of this bad boy at the upcoming Photokina expo in Germany, or can throw down some serious Swiss coinage now to pre-order this gargantuan cam, which won't become available until early 2007. Also, be sure to click through for two more glamour shots.

[Thanks, Amanda H.]

Old 03-11-2007, 06:13 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Old news Frankie, old news.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:17 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Hmm Peru!! I wanna go in the future... hopefully it stays pristine for a while! A friend is going to go in April and he's asking ppl to join (because they want double occupancy). $1290 for 14 days isn't bad at all. Another friend of mine just got back from Indian. He spent 1 month there and only spent $1000 total including air fare. Amazing!!

=======================================================

The mountains are the most incredible part of Peru and the jungle is the least-known and biggest part of our country. During this 14-day tour, you will have the opportunity to see and explore these 2 diverse areas of the country. There are still pristine and wild places – see them while you have the chance...

ITINERARY:

1st day: Lima - We pick you up from the airport and take you to your hotel.

2nd day: Lima – Puno – Flight to Puno (1 and a half hours). Free afternoon to acclimatise to the altitude and explore. B*

3rd day: Puno – Islands - We will take a boat to the amazing floating islands of Uros and stay the night with a native family on Amantani island. BLD*

4th day: Islands – Puno - We will visit the lovely island of Taquile and arrive back in Puno at approximately 5 pm. B*

5th day: Puno – Cusco - A 9-hour bus ride will take us to the Arqueological Capital of the Incas. On the way we will make 6 stops in order to view the fascinating mountain range of the Andes, Pre-Inca and Inca sites. There will be time to walk around the lovely Main Square in Cusco when you arrive. At 7.30 pm, you will have a short meeting with your Tour Guide about the Inca Trail. BL*

6th day: Cusco - You will have today a free morning to get ready for your Inca trail trip and to explore the treasures of Cusco. In the afternoon you will have a City Tour.

7th day: Inca Trail. LD*

8th day: Inca Trail. BLD*

9th day: Inca Trail. BLD*

10th day: Inca Trail. B*

11th day: Cusco - Time to rest, shop or visit Cusco’s museums. B*

12th day: Cusco – Puerto Maldonado - Jungle Trip to Tambopata. (3 days, 2 nights). A 40-minute flight will take us to the heart of the jungle. You will go by boat to the lodge. BLD*

13th day: Jungle activities. BLD*

14th day: Puerto Maldonado – Lima - Flight back to Lima (1 hour and 40 minutes). B*

B*= Breakfast
L*= Lunch
D* = Dinner

HIGHLIGHTS:

Puno with its Floating Uros islands.

Cusco and Machu Picchu - no explanation needed!!

The World’s Lungs - the jungle is one of the most diverse areas of the planet and visiting it is an unforgettable experience.

Includes:

All hotel accommodation (1 home-stay on the island trip and 3 nights tents on the Inca trail and 3 nights in jungle lodge accommodation on jungle trip)
Pick-ups from airports/bus stations to hotels and vice versa
Breakfast is included in all accommodation (lunch and dinner are included only where stated)
2 flights: Lima - Puno, Puerto Maldonado – Lima
Island Trip. Includes boat transport, Guide, basic family accommodation and food
First Class Coach to Cusco. Includes Guide, lunch and 6 stops along the way in order to see pre-Inca, Inca and Spanish sites
City Tour and Tourist Ticket in Cusco
Inca Trail Trip
Jungle Trip. Includes flights, food, accommodation and Guide

What you need to take:

* Warm and waterproof jackets, gloves and hats. (Traditional gloves and hats can be bought in Puno, Arequipa and Cusco)
Torch for the Island trip
1 kilo of rice, sugar etc. – this type of gift is greatly appreciated by family on Island trip (these, of course, can be bought here)
Insect repellent
Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
For the Inca Trail, please click here

Price: From $1290 - depending on group size (minimum 2 people)
Old 03-11-2007, 09:16 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

burp...
Old 03-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,607 Likes on 836 Posts

cut/paste/later/rinse/repeat
Old 03-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
Hmm Peru!! I wanna go ..............................
Next Dung For Brains will "discover" Belize!

What are you doing Dung Pile, reading Outside Magazine articles from the '80s?????
Old 03-11-2007, 10:40 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

wow, technology is advance so fast... they have CF sized drives now? jeez...

my first harddrive was in 1991 or so and it was 40 mb and i remember i paid $650 for it. now this tiny 4 GB drive is only $80. what a difference.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:49 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Those have been around for a while.

They are called microdrives and their failure rate is pretty high. They generate too much heat.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,607 Likes on 836 Posts

Don't confuse the salad tosser with FACTS, bro.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:30 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

found this in my older blog from 2005 about Randy... heheh. it's fun to read the old blogs.

================================================

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

chilled with Randy Pobst @ Buttonwillow
Current mood: cheerful

I was suppose to be at BW both Monday and Tuesday to instruct with Audi Club. But things came up and I did not get to BW until Tuesday noon. Randy Pobst (very skilled and accomplished pro racer) came out to instruct too. I was just chit chatting with him during lunch...

He asks so what car did you bring today, I pointed at my EM1 (race car in progress) Civic. He immediately asks casually "mind if I take a few laps in it". I chuckled as that is exactly how I ask my students... lol. Great minds/drivers think alike ehh? Hahahahaha. I said don't kid me, if you want to take it out it would be my pleasure... let me get it ready for you. I unpack the car and setup the datalogger. We went out for few laps in beginner's group. He was able to get one clean lap in with out traffic. He really enjoyed the car, I can tell. And as simple as the car is so far, it does well. That's what's great about Honda's, couple of mods and they are more fun than expensive heavy cars. It is stock except for, cage, catback exhaust, coilover suspension. That's it. No other power mod, no camber kits. tires are decent Yokohama ES100. Nothing special really. During the end of the day while I was instruct Clive I handed Randy my keys and tell him to feel free to take it out some more. It's been a while since he driven a Honda on track I think. It really brought back good times (memories) for him. I told him next time I meet him the car will be 400 lbs lighter, and with extra 60 whp. It'll be much much better.

It was a lot of fun hanging out and we actually chatted for quite a bit. He lives in Atlanta now, the reason he's out here is because he will be testing the new Mazda 6 with Tri Point Engineering. Yep he is doing a full season of World Challenge Touring this year! That will be interesting to watch. The car is suppose to be fast already... Touring class is more competitive each year, this is awesome!

I've now ridden with a several pro drivers and I'm happy because, I know I have the natural talents to do this... if all goes well I hope to be dicing with guys like Randy in 2-3 years.

Bill Auberlen, Craig Stanton, Randy Pobst, all very highly regarded and accomplished drivers. All are very nice guys. Much better than the average club racers you meet. No ego what so ever. Nothing like the haters on hater-tech who just talks mad stupid ****... lol. Anyway, check their sites out.

Craig's site
Randy's site

hmm I don't think Billy has a web site...
Old 03-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Bill Auberlen, Craig Stanton, Randy Pobst, all very highly regarded and accomplished drivers. All are very nice guys. Much better than the average club racers you meet. No ego what so ever.
Now compare and constrast this to Mr. Ghetto: "I have all the skills in the world even though I've never actually competed, much less won anything."

Last edited by Bryan Watts; 03-12-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've now ridden with a several pro drivers and I'm happy because, I know I have the natural talents to do this... if all goes well I hope to be dicing with guys like Randy in 2-3 years.

This guy Ding Dong Dung even posts crap that makes himself look like a loser-fool! So, he "knows" he has the natural talents to do "this"....what is it, ride in cars with pro racers????? And what happened to "dicing it up with Randy" in 2-3 years? Time is up Ding Dong Dung!!!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Ding Dong Dung

Quick Reply: Okay, my babbling thead - or, inside the brain of Ghetto Erectus, if you will.