Notices

Okay, my babbling thead - or, inside the brain of Ghetto Erectus, if you will.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 03:24 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
That was too bad because it would've been cool to have a scan of my brain when it was depressed
I bet it would have looked something like this but with your image wearing a Ferrari drover suit.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

I was just un happy. I actually did it for the money as they paid $35 per hour plus transportation. And I was really interested in what (if anything) they can tell me that I don't already know about. As matter of fact, they told me NOTHING I didn't already know. I almost got a MRI brain scan.... but just before we were going to do the MRI brain scan, I snapped out of my depression... so it was never done. That was too bad because it would've been cool to have a scan of my brain when it was depressed vs. now which I'm in bliss all the times.
Frank this is the funniest yet. If only it were intentional.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:28 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Frank this is the funniest yet. If only it were intentional.
x2
Old 03-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TD in DC
Three guesses and the first two do not count.

Communication skills will be vital as President of Taiwan, unless of course you intend to be the last President of Taiwan.
See Frank, this line is extremely funny. for your homework before our next session, study it. See if you can figure out what makes it funny.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:38 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

arrg my eyes!!! damn you TD.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:40 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
See Frank, this line is extremely funny. for your homework before our next session, study it. See if you can figure out what makes it funny.
Ohh, no thanks. I have so much on my plate already. The rock, taiji, chi-kong, ba qua, web site updates, sponsorship proposals, 2 road race cars, 1 time attack 1 drift car, AKMEE business, new product R&D, hollaring to hot chicks, ghetto smooching, talking to turds/tards for entertainment... etc. etc.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Ha, I would never think I'm worthless... not even in my worst depression last year, I knew I was going to be great. I was just unhappy with my situation at the time. Now, I think I'm the greatest... as matter of fact, on my road map of the future = running for Taiwan President in 2016. Yes sir ree, I said that.
OH

MY

GOD

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 02-20-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:42 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

ohh and i forgot, bikram yoga, vipassana meditation, and basketball when i find time... and time for family & friends.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Ohh, no thanks. I have so much on my plate already. The rock, taiji, chi-kong, ba qua, web site updates, sponsorship proposals, 2 road race cars, 1 time attack 1 drift car, AKMEE business, new product R&D, hollaring to hot chicks, ghetto smooching, talking to turds/tards for entertainment... etc. etc.
I can't wait for VR's explaination of what this really means
Old 03-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Do you play Dungeons and Dragons by any chance?
Old 03-02-2007, 03:53 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Those games are called RPG right? I never got into those games nor all those first person shoot 'em up games. I used to be a hardcore arcade gamer however, but the last games I seriously played was the Street Fighter II series (which I was really good at... I was the king in UC Berkeley)... since around 1996 or so I don't play games anymore.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

TRANSLATED

Ohh, no thanks. I have so much DNA on my face already. The rock, paper, scissors championship of Uzbekistan, sponsorship proposals for my Tonka truck, 2 road race cars that--together--are worth $400, 1 time attack car that is the antithesis of safety and in which I finished 10th barely off the podium, AKMEE cease & desist orders and trademark violations, personal restraining orders from lady lawyers, hollaring to paid-by-the-hour chicks, Ryan smooching, talking to my own turds for entertainment... etc. etc.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Old 03-02-2007, 07:42 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

This type of **** just **** ME OFF. I think the USA is way to relaxed on punishments for criminals. Mike asked about what I stand for, well, I believe in the death penalty for one thing. Humans who take other human's life do not deserve to have right to live. **** those dumb *** extreme human right activists who think these worthless ****s deserve to live. Some do become reformed but many are just sick bastards that needs to just die and stop burning up government money that can be used for something else...

================================================

Citing Abuses, Texas Governor Ousts Leader of Youth Agency

* Sign In to E-Mail or Save This
* Print
* Reprints
o Digg
o Facebook
o Newsvine
o Permalink

Article Tools Sponsored By
By RALPH BLUMENTHAL
Published: March 1, 2007

AUSTIN, Tex., Feb. 28 — Gov. Rick Perry removed the chairman of the Texas Youth Commission on Wednesday over charges that the agency covered up the sexual abuse of incarcerated juveniles.

Mr. Perry also called for the ouster of the acting executive director, the appointment of an independent inspector general and a shake-up throughout the commission, which runs 13 schools housing 3,000 felons under age 21.

“Leadership starts at the top,” a spokesman for Mr. Perry, Ted Royer, said. “And the governor believes the very top leadership has failed.”

Late Wednesday, the State Senate voted unanimously to demand that the governor appoint a conservator to take over the commission temporarily.

On Tuesday, the Senate Criminal Justice Committee disclosed details of long-secret investigations by the commission and the Texas Rangers showing that two supervisors at the West Texas State School in remote Pyote routinely roused boys from their beds for sexual encounters that were reported but went unpunished by the school superintendent, who now has a top leadership position at the commission. The supervisors were allowed to resign without facing criminal charges, but are now under investigation.

The dismissed chairman, Pete C. Alfaro, is a former mayor of Baytown who was first named to the commission in 1995 by Gov. George W. Bush and was appointed chairman by Mr. Perry in 2004. Mr. Alfaro did not respond to messages seeking comment. His latest five-year term expires in August.

Hours after the governor’s spokesman said that Mr. Alfaro had been told by phone that he was being replaced by his vice chairman, Donald R. Bethel, a spokesman for the Texas Youth Commission, Tim Savoy, said the agency had received no notice of the action. The board has a meeting scheduled for Tuesday.

Mr. Perry, a Republican, also called on the board to replace the acting executive director, Neil Nichols, who is the general counsel and a 33-year veteran of the agency. Mr. Nichols took over last Friday upon the sudden retirement of the executive director, Dwight Harris, who started as a caseworker in 1981.

The governor said Ed Owens, deputy executive director of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, had agreed to serve as the commission’s acting executive director.

Though the governor makes appointments to the seven-member board, he has the power by himself only to remove the chairman, legal experts said. He can fire members upon a finding of gross fiscal mismanagement by a legislative audit committee made up of the lieutenant governor, who is the president of the Senate; the House speaker; and two other members from each chamber.

Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst on Wednesday demanded sweeping changes in the commission.

Senator John Whitmire, a Houston Democrat and chairman of the Criminal Justice Committee, said Wednesday that he had “no confidence in the board” but that Mr. Perry was not yet ready to seek its ouster.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/01/us...645&ei=5087%0A
Old 03-02-2007, 08:37 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Ahh, so humans are making progress after all. This is good stuff. The movement to sustainable life style will hopefully gain traction over time.

================================================

3pm
UBM launches world's first sustainable construction trade fair

Katie Allen
Friday March 2, 2007
Guardian Unlimited

The world's first sustainable construction trade fair in London this summer could become a blueprint for exhibitions around the globe as United Business Media taps into a growing environmental awareness among building firms.

The magazines and events group launches Think 07 in May, partly in response to a raft of construction and regeneration projects ahead of the 2012 Olympics. Chief executive David Levin said today he could take the construction trade show to other markets provided it is a success.

Article continues

"There's a need for a lot of thinking around carbon ... This particular market has to make some big choices," he said.

"We'll learn a lot from it. In every other case where there has been a brand that is working in one country, we are very good at internationalising it."

First events are hard to predict, he said, but UBM's series of new shows from India to Brazil this year launch against a promising backdrop.

While digital technology has made communication easier it has also driven up the importance of face-to-face meetings in buyers' and sellers' minds, according to UBM.

"The reality is that people communicate all the time with email. But if you are genuinely in the business of buying or selling, at one point in the year you have to physically meet your buyers or suppliers," said Mr Levin.

He was speaking after UBM unveiled a 5.5% rise in pre-tax profits to £160.5m in 2006 from £152.1m a year earlier.

Across its exhibitions and events businesses, forward bookings for 2007 are up more than 10%.

While exhibitions and UBM's PR Newswire business have been performing strongly, its magazine publishing has suffered along with rivals.

The publisher of Music Week stressed magazines were not universally weak, however, and it cited Property Week as one of its star performers.

In response to a changing market for trade magazines UBM has restructured its group to cut its reliance on print publishing. Two years ago more than half of UBM's profits came from magazines, that contribution has now dropped to 15%.

Going forward, UBM remains on the acquisition trail and is also eyeing growing opportunities in emerging markets such as India and Brazil.

The group cheered investors with a prediction that in 2007 it will achieve underlying revenue growth above 5%. That combined with news it will pay out a 72p per share special dividend helped lift its shares to 757.5p in afternoon trading, up 51p.

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story...ticle_continue

Quick Reply: Okay, my babbling thead - or, inside the brain of Ghetto Erectus, if you will.