Notices

Okay, my babbling thead - or, inside the brain of Ghetto Erectus, if you will.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 11:40 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ding Dong Dung....... an apt description!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:34 AM
weneversleep
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
I was suppose to be at BW both Monday and Tuesday to instruct with Audi Club. But things came up and I did not get to BW until Tuesday noon. Randy Pobst (very skilled and accomplished pro racer) came out to instruct too. I was just chit chatting with him during lunch...

He asks so what car did you bring today, I pointed at my EM1 (race car in progress) Civic. He immediately asks casually "mind if I take a few laps in it". I chuckled as that is exactly how I ask my students... lol. Great minds/drivers think alike ehh? Hahahahaha. I said don't kid me, if you want to take it out it would be my pleasure... let me get it ready for you. I unpack the car and setup the datalogger. We went out for few laps in beginner's group. He was able to get one clean lap in with out traffic. He really enjoyed the car, I can tell. And as simple as the car is so far, it does well. That's what's great about Honda's, couple of mods and they are more fun than expensive heavy cars. It is stock except for, cage, catback exhaust, coilover suspension. That's it. No other power mod, no camber kits. tires are decent Yokohama ES100. Nothing special really. During the end of the day while I was instruct Clive I handed Randy my keys and tell him to feel free to take it out some more. It's been a while since he driven a Honda on track I think. It really brought back good times (memories) for him. I told him next time I meet him the car will be 400 lbs lighter, and with extra 60 whp. It'll be much much better.

It was a lot of fun hanging out and we actually chatted for quite a bit. He lives in Atlanta now, the reason he's out here is because he will be testing the new Mazda 6 with Tri Point Engineering. Yep he is doing a full season of World Challenge Touring this year! That will be interesting to watch. The car is suppose to be fast already... Touring class is more competitive each year, this is awesome!

I've now ridden with a several pro drivers and I'm happy because, I know I have the natural talents to do this... if all goes well I hope to be dicing with guys like Randy in 2-3 years.

Bill Auberlen, Craig Stanton, Randy Pobst, all very highly regarded and accomplished drivers. All are very nice guys. Much better than the average club racers you meet. No ego what so ever. Nothing like the haters on hater-tech who just talks mad stupid ****... lol. Anyway, check their sites out.
You know, I'm somewhat new to posting about GR (although I've been reading for a long time), but...

This is just like in the other thread. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT WHO YOU KNOW. Why do you need to post about meeting a pro driver 2 years ago?

Last edited by weneversleep; 03-13-2007 at 01:11 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:25 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

This is my thread fool. I was just looking at some of the old blogs and saw the old entry about Randy. The key point was the blog was... lot of ppl here say, don't ask others about driving their car. Randy does it, and so do MANY instructors I know that have done so too.... that was the point. I also know plenty of successful racer/business people .... etc. Why is it important? Because one can always learn something from these people. They obviously are doing things right in their life to be good at what they do.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:27 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

What did I say about patience you turds/tards? Things take time... and things happen for reasons. There are steps needed to get to where I want to go. I'm on the right path... so once again you turds, STFU and wait and see. You ain't see nothing yet.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:11 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What did I say about patience you turds/tards? Things take time... and things happen for reasons. There are steps needed to get to where I want to go. I'm on the right path... so once again you turds, STFU and wait and see. You ain't see nothing yet.
Originally Posted by 1957 356
BTW, Frank since you are a student of Buddhism I'm sure you've memorized the teachings of the Eightfold path. To say your life and actions violate many of the core principals would be a profound understatement. Don't forget that 3 of the 8 are guidelines for ethical conduct. Let's take a look at just one, although we could use any one of the 8:

3. Right Speech

Right speech is the first principle of ethical conduct in the eightfold path. Ethical conduct is viewed as a guideline to moral discipline, which supports the other principles of the path. This aspect is not self-sufficient, however, essential, because mental purification can only be achieved through the cultivation of ethical conduct. The importance of speech in the context of Buddhist ethics is obvious: words can break or save lives, make enemies or friends, start war or create peace. Buddha explained right speech as follows: 1. to abstain from false speech, especially not to tell deliberate lies and not to speak deceitfully, 2. to abstain from slanderous speech and not to use words maliciously against others, 3. to abstain from harsh words that offend or hurt others, and 4. to abstain from idle chatter that lacks purpose or depth. Positively phrased, this means to tell the truth, to speak friendly, warm, and gently and to talk only when necessary.

So, let's talk about the last sentence here and how it guides your life. Or, are your constant references to Eastern religion and philosophy as big a sham as your droving?
Old 03-13-2007, 10:09 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

.................................... They obviously are doing things right in their life to be good at what they do.
Ding Dong Dung actually speaks the truth for once! Make a note of this, as it is rare! Unfortunately, DD Dung hasn't learned a thing in 12 years of bothering these pros, except how to post his picture with them on the Internet! Maybe DD Dung realizes that posting pictures on the Internet is the only thing at which he is capable of becoming good!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

......................You ain't see nothing yet.
More truth from Ding Dong Dung! He is starting to get one of our main points....DD Dung has done NOTHING yet, has shown us NOTHING yet except all of his chin music about what he is going to do. I guess we need to wait another 12 years, after he sits beside some more people, runs from the USA to Japan because everyone here knows he is a loser, then runs off to some other country when Japan throws him out....and they will not wait 12 years!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:19 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,435 Likes on 768 Posts

12 years on track, and you STILL drive like an intermediate student, AT BEST?

Yeah...you're on the right path. And I am the Dalai Lama.

"Big hitter, the Lama..."
Old 03-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

What did I say about patience you turds/tards? Things take time...
If we seem impatient, its because we can't understand why you're not impatient. You say you're going to turn pro in 2008 or 2009. If I'm not mistaken to date you've completed exactly one race, and that was four years ago. Here it is almost 1/4 of the way through 2007, and you've already skipped one opportunity to race in favor of bumming around in Japan. You need to gain considerable W2W experience during the remainder of 2007 to have any chance at all of staying on your plan to turn pro. However, at this point it doesn't look like you even have any races firmly scheduled, licensing issues taken care of, a car ready to pass tech and get a logbook, etc. Given all of that can't you see why we find it difficult to take your claims of turning pro seriously? When I decided I wanted to race, I did all of my homework, showed up at the track and raced. Why aren't you doing the same thing?
Old 03-13-2007, 10:25 AM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Old 03-13-2007, 06:26 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

well jimbo, it doesn't matter to me. i do things my way, i say when it is time. like i care what rennlist thinks about anything (isn't it obvious that i don't). the boards doesn't believe in anything i say. hell, lot of ppl even question if i'm in jp or not... now that's just retarded. i need to be even more disciplined and stop wasting time explaining since they will never get it... it's like this:

notice the 5 kanji (chinese characters) on the passenger side A pillar.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

hell, lot of ppl even question if i'm in jp or not...
I don't have the slightest doubt that you're in Japan.

You list Bill Auberlin, Craig Stanton, Randy Pobst, etc. as your idols, and the guys you want to go wheel to wheel with. Do you think for a second that those guys got where they are today without 100% commitment and laser-like focus on the goal of driving racecars for a living? In their formative years do you think you would have caught them gallivanting around Japan for a month? I think not. Instead I'm betting you would have found them at the track every weekend racing anything they could get their hands on.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Ding Dong Dung is HIDING in Japan....there were races coming up and he knew we would be watching....so he went and hid like the running dog he is!

Come on Gutter Dung, tell us one more time how you are going to "focus", "apply myself", "study harder", "wack-off more" so you won't have time to come back to RL....WE OWN YOU...and WE will decide when YOU come back here, Dung Boy. (and you know it, don't you??????)
Old 03-15-2007, 05:43 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

hi bull****, you have no life, and that's sad.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:39 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUksaD-JJgI

only a small glimpse of human potential. we'll see more and more.

Quick Reply: Okay, my babbling thead - or, inside the brain of Ghetto Erectus, if you will.