Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Updated
Old 05-21-2017, 06:28 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,039 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Originally Posted by noro78
I applaud your attitude. Want to make money invest in s&p 500 index fund. Bought a car... enjoy it. I am not yet a GT4 owner but I plan to enjoy much like my M3.. numerous season auto-x victories are worth more to me spiritually than few thousand bucks, not to mention all those long range scenic drives.
I'm a complete nutter so probably not the norm...for me a car is to be driven and I pride myself on tracking all of my GT cars. That's what they were build to do after all.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:57 PM
06C2s
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE]Quote:
Originally Posted by orthojoe View Post
Really? and you believed him?

+1

Some people get bored and go through cars really quickly. Pretty common.
Some people are seeing the writing on the wall and realized all the BS about this car being a collector, last NA, last MT, super special, etc, actually IS BS and they won't be able to drive the car for free or make money so they are doing what all poor investors do. Panic sell.
I swear, people are so gullible. Just like the morons in the GT3 forum saying how they'll be only 500-600 RSs in the US. I just want to yell out to STFU to those delusional people. Buy car, drive car, enjoy car, and when you are done with it sell car and if it doesn't depreciate much then that's the cherry on top. I bet when it comes time to sell my GT4 will be one of the lowest priced ones on the market because I had a blast with it. /QUOTE]

Oh Im sorry I didn't know that you knew the mind set of all 5000 ppl who bought GT4's. I probably should have said "some or a few" instead of "a lot" however considering I know 1 GT4 owner who told me this plus my SA from a supposed "Good guy dealer" (this was not a in depth conversation but in passing while my car was being serviced so its not like he was trying to land me I already bought my GT4 from ANOTHER dealer) and looking over at the GT3 allocation thread guys who claim they have bought several other p cars from a particular dealer within the last couple years to get a GT3 at MSRP etc. etc. I figured it wasn't a real reach, but Im "ridiculous and gullible" Whatever..

And where in any thread did I ever say I bought my GT4 for any other reason other than I LOVE the car? I bought used and paid over MSRP...god forbid... because its the car I wanted, color I wanted and closest I could get to the spec I would have chosen if I was able to order new. A car is not a investment and these cars are actually toys so don't play with them if you can't pay for them.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:53 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by 06C2s

Oh Im sorry I didn't know that you knew the mind set of all 5000 ppl who bought GT4's. I probably should have said "some or a few" instead of "a lot" however considering I know 1 GT4 owner who told me this plus my SA from a supposed "Good guy dealer" (this was not a in depth conversation but in passing while my car was being serviced so its not like he was trying to land me I already bought my GT4 from ANOTHER dealer) and looking over at the GT3 allocation thread guys who claim they have bought several other p cars from a particular dealer within the last couple years to get a GT3 at MSRP etc. etc. I figured it wasn't a real reach, but Im "ridiculous and gullible" Whatever..

And where in any thread did I ever say I bought my GT4 for any other reason other than I LOVE the car? I bought used and paid over MSRP...god forbid... because its the car I wanted, color I wanted and closest I could get to the spec I would have chosen if I was able to order new. A car is not a investment and these cars are actually toys so don't play with them if you can't pay for them.
1). The lies and fabrications that some dealers will make up to support a manipulated market drive me nuts. My frustration is aimed at them, not the people that are duped by them.

2). Nobody said anything about why you bought your car. Comments weren't directed at you.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:28 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

I think the real reason so many went for sale was that they heard I bought one lol
Old 05-24-2017, 06:18 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,051 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by raclaims
I think the real reason so many went for sale was that they heard I bought one lol
Old 05-25-2017, 12:45 PM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Updated
Old 05-28-2017, 03:35 PM
noro78
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Hi OP, love your spreadsheet. Will be in the market for real soon so I am hoping you will continue this work. Would it be possible to add computed cells showing percentage breakdown by color. Would be an interesting way to gauge theoretical number of cars with specific color.

I realize this can be easily done after downloading your sheet but might be something cool to have on an ongoing basis.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:05 PM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Thanks noro

I'll see if I can add that this week.

In the interim, sheet is updated
Old 05-29-2017, 06:44 PM
Halfshaft
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by noro78
Hi OP, love your spreadsheet. Will be in the market for real soon so I am hoping you will continue this work. Would it be possible to add computed cells showing percentage breakdown by color. Would be an interesting way to gauge theoretical number of cars with specific color.

I realize this can be easily done after downloading your sheet but might be something cool to have on an ongoing basis.
Hi, take a look at this forum thread. The first post has a google doc spreadsheet with all (most) the info of the cars manufactured for North America. This includes broken down detail as you mentioned you would like to see.

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/8852...-database.html
Old 05-29-2017, 07:35 PM
noro78
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Halfshaft
Hi, take a look at this forum thread. The first post has a google doc spreadsheet with all (most) the info of the cars manufactured for North America. This includes broken down detail as you mentioned you would like to see.

wow.. that's pretty extensive, yeah it answers my question ans then some. I also was still under the impression there were 1200 NA cars but looks like in reality there are double that.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:46 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 212 Posts

Yea see mine on there.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:54 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Default anyone interested in trading their gt4?

i have a 2016 991 RS, silver. about 4000 miles. pristine. never taken on track. as crazy as it might sound to some, i'm looking to trade for a GT4 which I'm going to turn into pretty much a track dedicated machine for a year. want to get back into racing, been out a bit and while i dig the RS, its a bit pristine and almost too much to get back to speed with racing. have a cup car on order and would like something a bit more cayman-like than cup like to get the groove back and have something for training, track days without chewing up the cup.

anyway, long story made short: if anyone with a GT4 is interest in maybe training for a pristine RS, PM and we can chat offline. sorry for the interruption.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:14 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Halfshaft

Originally Posted by Scottykenneth
Yea see mine on there.
Mine too
Old 05-30-2017, 10:06 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
i have a 2016 991 RS, silver. about 4000 miles. pristine. never taken on track. as crazy as it might sound to some, i'm looking to trade for a GT4 which I'm going to turn into pretty much a track dedicated machine for a year. want to get back into racing, been out a bit and while i dig the RS, its a bit pristine and almost too much to get back to speed with racing. have a cup car on order and would like something a bit more cayman-like than cup like to get the groove back and have something for training, track days without chewing up the cup.

anyway, long story made short: if anyone with a GT4 is interest in maybe training for a pristine RS, PM and we can chat offline. sorry for the interruption.
how about at GT4 clubsport? There were 2 or 3 at the Glen today..(plus half a dozen or so GT4's)

Quick Reply: GT4s Available for Sale