Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4s Available for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 03:11 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 611 Posts

This is a super worthwhile thread, so my thanks to the OP.

Interesting to read and research this way. I ordered my GT4 to drive as a daily, and have thoroughly enjoyed it for 9,000 miles. The call of the 911 is back, however, primarily for back seats. I'll post the car on RL or at least give RLers a heads up on it if it doesn't sell to a friend first, but I am curious about what the watchers have to say about how an immaculate low-option GT4 should be priced relative to MSRP? In example, my car has $1,700 in extra-cost options (dynamic lights, fire extinguisher, heated seats, and gray dash trim) plus a bunch of no-cost options for an MSRP of $87,000~.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:17 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Here is another one I saw at Newport Beach Porsche:

Certified Pre-Owned 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 Located in Newport Beach, California @ Newport Beach Porsche
Price: $ 114,000.00
Condition: Certified
Mileage: 334 mi
Exterior Color: Carmine Red
Interior Color: Leather Interior Black (Stitching in Guards Red)
Transmission: 6-speed with dual-mass flywheel and self-adjusting clutch
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): WP0AC2A8XGK192506
OPTIONS:
Base - Cayman GT4
085 - Extended Fuel Tank, 16.91 Gal
0L - Carmine Red
509 - Fire Extinguisher
581 - Passenger Footwell Storage Net
583 - Smoking Package
643 - Sport Chrono Package Incl. Porsche Track Precision App
68 - Leather Interior, Black (stitching In Guards Red)
750 - Stitching In Contrasting Color
802 - Wing Supports In Black
EFA - Pedals And Footrest In Aluminum
P27 - CDR Plus Audio System
XLJ - Storage Compartment Lid In Alcantara® With Porsche Crest
XSX - Seat Belts In Guards Red
Old 05-12-2017, 12:40 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,051 Likes on 540 Posts

Pete,
I believe a low optioned car with your mileage is more likely to center on MSRP. Your mileage is a bit less than mine and my car's MSRP was $117,000. I'd be amazed if I could get $107,000 for mine.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:30 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Pete,
I believe a low optioned car with your mileage is more likely to center on MSRP. Your mileage is a bit less than mine and my car's MSRP was $117,000. I'd be amazed if I could get $107,000 for mine.
Thanks, AC. When I picked up my car, the dealer said he liked my spec. I said, "Really?" thinking they probably weren't thrilled at my low-option allocation—but he said he specs his own cars tightly because you typically get very little of $10-30k in options back. I suspect there are some options on the GT4 that get the money back—LWBS for the right buyer being a biggie—but I suspect this dealer knows his stuff.

I'd be thrilled to get MSRP, or near it. I didn't get a GT4 to make money—I got a GT4 to drive it and I planned to keep it. I've already changed the oil twice, and will once more soon. But when you need back seats, you need back seats...
Old 05-12-2017, 02:42 PM
kiger0183
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
about how an immaculate low-option GT4 should be priced relative to MSRP? In example, my car has $1,700 in extra-cost options (dynamic lights, fire extinguisher, heated seats, and gray dash trim) plus a bunch of no-cost options for an MSRP of $87,000~.
You put that up for $90k and it will sell super quick. Low spec GT4's go really fast even without buckets.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:05 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
I'd be thrilled to get MSRP, or near it. I didn't get a GT4 to make money—I got a GT4 to drive it and I planned to keep it. I've already changed the oil twice, and will once more soon. But when you need back seats, you need back seats...
I sold my low option GT4 back to a dealer last weekend for MSRP (88.5k). I could likely have gotten more, but given my values I figured it would be hypocritical to ask them for more than MSRP. And I am getting an early run 991.2 manual GT3 from them at MSRP.

Sounds like there may be a Touring option on the GT3, Pete, and you can get a kit to bolt a child seat into the back of even a standard GT3. If you can sell it back for what you bought it for you might even be able to convince yourself that it's not crazy? Just sayin...
Old 05-12-2017, 04:16 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by kiger0183
You put that up for $90k and it will sell super quick. Low spec GT4's go really fast even without buckets.
No question here at all mine had close to 20k miles on it and was low optioned and I traded it in for more then that.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:40 PM
kiger0183
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CarAholic
No question here at all mine had close to 20k miles on it and was low optioned and I traded it in for more then that.
20k miles with low options trading in at above MSRP. That. Is. Awesome!
Old 05-12-2017, 06:52 PM
number 9
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm wondering... is my car on a blacklist somewhere?! I'm not desperate to sell but my cars been posted for about 3 weeks and I've had all of 3 interested parties. I'm getting a complex!

My MSRP was 107300. The first call was at my original listing of $110k, no haggling and the guy paid for PPI at a local shop. PPI was perfect and he never called back so just a waste of my time and Uber to and fro. I assumed he was well funded but very busy. 2nd call was from a dealer offering $103 which was hard to accept with $110 so close in the rearview. I said no thanks but left that open. Last weekend I dropped my asking to $107 (a touch under MSRP) thinking I'd get at least a few inquiries but nothing more than a Rennlister hesitant to ship the car from Southeat FL to Midwest.

I see my car on the spread sheet and it looks like a great buy in comparison to most. I know I'm a little high in spec but that hasn't been a problem for others in the same range. I'd love to get thoughts from anyone that can be helpful... what's wrong with my car?! I even have the dude that bought my prior CR ready to vouch. He shipped literally from FL to WA and was over the moon with every part of the transaction.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:57 PM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by number 9
I'm wondering... is my car on a blacklist somewhere?! I'm not desperate to sell but my cars been posted for about 3 weeks and I've had all of 3 interested parties. I'm getting a complex!

My MSRP was 107300. The first call was at my original listing of $110k, no haggling and the guy paid for PPI at a local shop. PPI was perfect and he never called back so just a waste of my time and Uber to and fro. I assumed he was well funded but very busy. 2nd call was from a dealer offering $103 which was hard to accept with $110 so close in the rearview. I said no thanks but left that open. Last weekend I dropped my asking to $107 (a touch under MSRP) thinking I'd get at least a few inquiries but nothing more than a Rennlister hesitant to ship the car from Southeat FL to Midwest.

I see my car on the spread sheet and it looks like a great buy in comparison to most. I know I'm a little high in spec but that hasn't been a problem for others in the same range. I'd love to get thoughts from anyone that can be helpful... what's wrong with my car?! I even have the dude that bought my prior CR ready to vouch. He shipped literally from FL to WA and was over the moon with every part of the transaction.
If you're not in a hurry, you'll probably get your asking price, IMHO.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:03 PM
KOTYKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 63 Posts

The offer for $103k is fair for your car in my opinion, I'd be surprised at what that dealer could sell it for on the open market. Your car is a bit higher optioned than most GT4's which makes it harder to get your MSRP and has close to 6k miles.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:39 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 634 Likes on 396 Posts

I have been an active student and participant in the GT4 market. It surely has its ups and downs, and I have yet to figure out what drives these swings.

You have what looks to me to be a great build. The only thing I saw that stuck out was the PCCBs, which some may view as more liability than asset. (Really depends. Unfortunately there is a TON of misinformation about the latest gen PCCBs, which yours are, and there is great confusion about track use. Remarkably, some will say get PCCBs if you plan to track the car and others will say don't get them if you plan to track the car. Really strange.)

As others have said, the right buyer will come along and pay your price, and I agree. If you're in any hurry, drop it a few Gs and move on. Otherwise, sit tight.

GLWS!
Old 05-13-2017, 01:12 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,051 Likes on 540 Posts

My car's MSRP was $117,000. Current mileage is 10,600 and a dealer recently offered $97,000 on a trade. Offered as a data point.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:26 AM
noro78
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Hey Number9, I am a current E30 M3 and '72 2002 owner. I have been obsessing about GT4s for a while now and it's likely that I will sell my BMWs at the end of this year and be in a market spring time next year.

Your car is my favorite at the moment from all 40 for sale at various sites. I think your issue isn't price but rather the fact that cars of this caliber have a handful of people ready to buy. The fact that I am interested is not relevant because I am not able to buy it this second.

...perhaps you can hold it for a year or so for me to come around?

As for the price, you will notice that the few attempts to list these cars on ebay seem to top out at just under 95K. In the used market options become less relevant. Frankly for me the color is going to be the most relevant thing. Chrono I can take or leave, brakes? either will work, though I would prefer carbons. Seats I am not sure about just yet.. everything else I couldn't care any less.

I'll be happy for you if you sell, I will also be happy if it's still for sale spring time next year

p.s. One thing that separates your listing from others is that your photos suck. I hope you don't get offended, I am just being a straight shooter. Find a buddy that has photo taking "skilz" and have a photo session. That color, in the right light should make your car irresistible.

Old 05-16-2017, 02:09 PM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Updated daily as always

Quick Reply: GT4s Available for Sale