Experiment - GT4 Track Setup Wiki:

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 10:03 AM
Drjimh
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Lehman
If I understand your set-up, your connection greatly exceeds the recommended
angle for the harnesses. You should install a proper harness bar. You wouldn't pass tech in my Region.

The Schroth 4 point belt is specifically approved by PCA for use with the full bucket seats found in the GT4 and GT3 only.
Guys, Thanks for all the responses. I am going to go with the Competition Motorsport bar and will try the 4pt system. Great to know it can be ordered with the standard buckle for the 5 or 6 pt system. Think that is what I will do. If I dont like it then move to the 5 or 6 pt.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:45 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by Drjimh
Guys, Thanks for all the responses. I am going to go with the Competition Motorsport bar and will try the 4pt system. Great to know it can be ordered with the standard buckle for the 5 or 6 pt system. Think that is what I will do. If I dont like it then move to the 5 or 6 pt.
Why are you going with the CMS bar?
Old 11-27-2016, 12:20 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 527 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Lehman

The Schroth 4 point belt is specifically approved by PCA for use with the full bucket seats found in the GT4 and GT3 only.
Yes, that's what I'm using them with. Shoulder belt angle is not an issue with this setup as the belts go straight down the back of the LWBs and attach at the bottom back of the seat. I think that is why I can't get them as tight as I'd like.

To the OP that asked about the 4 pt system: If you're going to install a harness bar then you might as well go 5/6 pt IMHO.
Old 11-27-2016, 02:36 PM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,138 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by RDCR
Yes, that's what I'm using them with. Shoulder belt angle is not an issue with this setup as the belts go straight down the back of the LWBs and attach at the bottom back of the seat. I think that is why I can't get them as tight as I'd like.

To the OP that asked about the 4 pt system: If you're going to install a harness bar then you might as well go 5/6 pt IMHO.
Do you have a picture of how the shoulder belts attach to the rear bottom of the seat? thanks carl
Old 11-27-2016, 02:44 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

That would yield an interesting load on the seat in the event of a crash.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:04 PM
Drjimh
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Why are you going with the CMS bar?
I like the idea of not having to cut the center carpet. Looking at the other bars out there, this one seems to have the least modification to install and allow me to put the car back to stock easily. I am approaching the same idea to the harness. I looked at the others out there that guys have used over the year this car has been out now (All of them look pretty good with slight variations), and I seem to like this approach best of what I have seen.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:33 PM
bk_911
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
That would yield an interesting load on the seat in the event of a crash.
Yeah Rich. Is this how schroth told you to hook it up? I think GT4's in europe with this harness have the shoulder belts attached to a mount on the metal behind the seat under the carpet.

Also next track day Id love to eyeball your set up. Seems like a good compromise.
Old 11-27-2016, 11:50 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bk_911
Yeah Rich. Is this how schroth told you to hook it up? I think GT4's in europe with this harness have the shoulder belts attached to a mount on the metal behind the seat under the carpet.

Also next track day Id love to eyeball your set up. Seems like a good compromise.
I was skeptical myself, but I see Schroth sells a kit SPECIFICALLY for the GT3/4 LWB seats for use without a bar. I don't see the install instructions...but the kit exists.
Old 11-27-2016, 11:51 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

On a totally different note, has anyone rebuilt their calipers? I noticed my seals were broken.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:15 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

On a totally different note, has anyone rebuilt their calipers? I noticed my seals were broken.
Your seals are broken?? After how many track days?
Old 11-28-2016, 12:59 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mech33
Your seals are broken?? After how many track days?
It's just the dust boots. Internal seals are fine I presume, nothing is stuck or leaking. I just put third set of DS1.11s. About 16 days.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:39 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

It's just the dust boots. Internal seals are fine I presume, nothing is stuck or leaking. I just put third set of DS1.11s. About 16 days.
Ah. Racing Brake sells some high temperature silicone dust boots for the calipers. I bought a set but haven't gotten around to installing them.

A set of DS1.11 every 8 days sounds like you are really working those brakes.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:23 AM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 229 Likes on 134 Posts

I tried some Stop-Tech high temp silicon on my 987.1. They didn't seem to last any longer the stock part. The GT-4 brakes seem to be running cooler so maybe they'll help.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:31 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 527 Likes on 333 Posts

Here are some shots of the shoulder strap mounts and door side belt mount for those interested in the Schroth 4 pt. I believe that bar at the bottom back is part of the LWBs. I know I didn't buy anything extra when they were installed for me. That plug laying there is the power cord to the GPS exhaust controller which plugs into the cig lighter when on track at LS. The rest of the time it just lays behind the drivers seat.
Attached Images   
Old 11-29-2016, 06:45 AM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 319 Likes on 169 Posts

Here are some shots of the shoulder strap mounts and door side belt mount for those interested in the Schroth 4 pt. I believe that bar at the bottom back is part of the LWBs. I know I didn't buy anything extra when they were installed for me. That plug laying there is the power cord to the GPS exhaust controller which plugs into the cig lighter when on track at LS. The rest of the time it just lays behind the drivers seat.
whoa. that definitely does not look right. Schroth 4pt w/ ASM should still have the shoulder belts at a 0-20 degree angle from parallel to the floor. the 4pt may not require a cage but the shoulder belts still need to be mounted appropriately, maybe even more so for the 4pts since they don't have a sub belt to keep the shoulder harnesses and lap belt from riding up.

Quick Reply: Experiment - GT4 Track Setup Wiki: