Sponsored by: APR

April Delivery- "LWB seats not available"??? -SA

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 09:08 PM
Tass
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by superchargedman
I'm feb build with first wk April delivery. Lwb are a go for me.
same timeline for my build with LWB's
Old 01-01-2016, 09:37 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for all the input. I will be calling the manager on Monday/Tues.

Anyone have a pic or video of the slight adjustments that can be made on LWB? My woman is concerned with the lack of recline adjustments because she prefers not to be sitting completely upright for long trips. When I had recaros, I was able to recline the seats so that was fine.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:41 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MrNurse
Thanks for all the input. I will be calling the manager on Monday/Tues.

Anyone have a pic or video of the slight adjustments that can be made on LWB? My woman is concerned with the lack of recline adjustments because she prefers not to be sitting completely upright for long trips. When I had recaros, I was able to recline the seats so that was fine.
The only adjustments on LWBs are fore/aft and up/down. Neither the backrest angle nor the overall recline angle of the entire seat can be changed, short of maybe putting shims into the seat tracks. That said, the LWBs definitely don't have you sitting bolt upright (not even as upright as the GT2 style buckets that came before these), but people who prefer the "gangsta lean" will definitely have to adjust. My wife was able to take a nap in the LWBs on our 200-mile drive home from taking delivery though.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:14 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another question (wishful thinking). When my SA was configuring my GT4 to my specs, the option for PTS was a box that could be checked but she said it's not available. Why was there the option for it on the config? Is it possible I can get PTS?

My SA at a different Porsche dealership told me that if PTS was available he would advise the customer against it bc it may create a huge delay which may cause the customer to give the dealership a bad rating.
Originally Posted by jphughan
The only adjustments on LWBs are fore/aft and up/down. Neither the backrest angle nor the overall recline angle of the entire seat can be changed, short of maybe putting shims into the seat tracks. That said, the LWBs definitely don't have you sitting bolt upright (not even as upright as the GT2 style buckets that came before these), but people who prefer the "gangsta lean" will definitely have to adjust. My wife was able to take a nap in the LWBs on our 200-mile drive home from taking delivery though.
Okay that's what I thought. I played with them very briefly at two occasions. I did remember you posted about that drive somewhere else and told my woman about that lol.
She already felt my 2-way sport seats on my last Porsche felt slightly uncomfortable after a little while.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:22 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Another question (wishful thinking). When my SA was configuring my GT4 to my specs, the option for PTS was a box that could be checked but she said it's not available. Why was there the option for it on the config? Is it possible I can get PTS?

My SA at a different Porsche dealership told me that if PTS was available he would advise the customer against it bc it may create a huge delay which may cause the customer to give the dealership a bad rating.

Okay that's what I thought. I played with them very briefly at two occasions. I did remember you posted about that drive somewhere else and told my woman about that lol.
She already felt my 2-way sport seats on my last Porsche felt slightly uncomfortable after a little while.
Well nothing seems certain in the bizarre world of Porsche Exclusive, but while PTS was available to people who had builds in the October to December timeframe (which in some cases were delayed several weeks beyond their original build date as a result of ordering PTS), it's not available for any current allocations to my knowledge, and the PTS window is not expected to open up again before the end of the GT4's production run. Eduardo (Z356 on these boards) probably has the best information on this topic, though. As for the delays, if you request a PTS color that isn't already approved, then the feasibility study can definitely become a problem on a model with such a limited production run (i.e. the feasibility study might not complete with enough time left to actually build the car), and even with an approved color, PTS builds only occur during certain periods of the year at the factory. But as long as the dealership makes that clear, I can't imagine why a customer would give the dealership a bad rating because their car was delayed by an option that they (the customer) optioned, but I guess not everyone in the world is rational.

If your wife didn't like the 2-ways, she almost certainly won't like the LWBs.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:35 PM
Car 6
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

At the risk of re-igniting the flamethrowers, I'd like to put forward some thoughts about the "need" for LWBs. Without doubt they look good in the show room, and in the parking lots at cars & coffee. But sitting still is not the way this car was meant to be enjoyed. I'm sure LWBs are a real improvement for the actual time spent on a track, but for most of us that will be well under 10% of our miles. It sounds like more than an hour or two in LWBs can be uncomfortable; that getting in and out of them in parking lots is challenging at best; and that the upright position is not at all back-friendly. From a weight standpoint, the difference between LWBs and 18-ways can't equal a full tank of gas. If the "extra weight" of electric windows, AC, and audio are tolerable, the seat weight shouldn't be an issue either. The GT4 philosophy of manual over PDK already concedes absolute lap time to driving experience. Being comfortable in the car for as long as possible fits right in with that choice. Don't miss the chance to own this car because you think it needs uncompromising seats. It doesn't; it needs seats that let you drive it.

Some background: I got my SBM because everybody ahead of me gave up their places in line rather than take 18 way seats. I am so glad they let me take their GT4. After 3600 miles, I wouldn't change a thing.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Phil T
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 76 Posts

Without extensive seat time in LWB's you won't know the real comfort level. There's going to be a great divide amongst this community about the comfort and the reasons to get them. But here's what I do know, with the popularity of them right now I'm sure you could get what you paid for them plus a set of 2/18 way seats in a swap if you don't like 'em..........Phil
Old 01-01-2016, 10:43 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Car 6
At the risk of re-igniting the flamethrowers, I'd like to put forward some thoughts about the "need" for LWBs. Without doubt they look good in the show room, and in the parking lots at cars & coffee. But sitting still is not the way this car was meant to be enjoyed. I'm sure LWBs are a real improvement for the actual time spent on a track, but for most of us that will be well under 10% of our miles. It sounds like more than an hour or two in LWBs can be uncomfortable; that getting in and out of them in parking lots is challenging at best; and that the upright position is not at all back-friendly. From a weight standpoint, the difference between LWBs and 18-ways can't equal a full tank of gas. If the "extra weight" of electric windows, AC, and audio are tolerable, the seat weight shouldn't be an issue either. The GT4 philosophy of manual over PDK already concedes absolute lap time to driving experience. Being comfortable in the car for as long as possible fits right in with that choice. Don't miss the chance to own this car because you think it needs uncompromising seats. It doesn't; it needs seats that let you drive it.

Some background: I got my SBM because everybody ahead of me gave up their places in line rather than take 18 way seats. I am so glad they let me take their GT4. After 3600 miles, I wouldn't change a thing.
That's great that you like your seats, but have you actually sat in and driven in the lwb for an extended period of time? Until you have, you can't pass judgment or give any recommendations. I've said this many times before: NOBODY can tell you whether or not lwb works except YOURSELF. It works great for some, and it is terrible for others. What is comfortable for one is uncomfortable for another. People with buckets that love them shouldn't push them on others. People with sofas that love them shouldn't push their sofas on others. If you make this type of decision based on what someone else says, you're making a mistake
Old 01-01-2016, 11:08 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by Car 6

Are these thoughts backed by any experience with LWBs? It sounds like you're just offering conjecture here and recapping what you're reading secondhand. I'm not sure what you mean about sitting still not being the way this car is meant to be enjoyed -- you're supposed to shift around as much as possible for maximum enjoyment? In any case, I can shift my weight around in my LWBs (though I don't find the need to do so in order to stay comfortable), and as I've already said elsewhere, my wife and I drove 200 miles (a bit over 3 hours) non-stop in LWBs and neither of us had any discomfort whatsoever upon our arrival home -- in fact I find these seats more comfortable than my M3's seats that always had me slouching and shifting around no matter what I did with the ample seat adjustments available to me.

Of course everyone is different, so my thoughts that are backed by first-hand experience are only slightly more valuable to others than your thoughts that (seemingly) aren't. But I think to say that their only value is at Cars & Coffee and on the track is specious. I enjoy the feel of these seats even carving up back roads, and I expect my appreciation for them will only be amplified when I get to the track. Additionally, people who have swapped between sport seats and buckets on the same car (which I have not done) tend to prefer the buckets. That's of course not to say that a GT4 without LWBs is going to be boring or even mushy, but for someone who would fit well into the LWBs, I don't think the sofas will offer the same level of "feel" for the car. Of course those same people may well decide that the other benefits of sofas (spouse reception, easier egress, lumbar support, seat heating) outweigh the "feel" drawback, especially if their body type isn't a good fit for LWBs, their backs aren't in great shape, or impairments make the extra egress effort highly difficult. After all, a GT4 that the owner finds uncomfortable to use, especially if the discomfort gets to the point that he/she doesn't drive it as much as a result, is a far worse car for that owner than a GT4 that may not deliver quite as much of the "experience" but is more livable for said owner -- and a GT4 with sofas is almost certainly better than no GT4 at all, unless lack of LWBs is going to prevent the owner from ever feeling happy with their ~$100K purchase, which is never a good circumstance when spending that amount of money. But it's simply not the case that anyone who DDs a GT4 or takes it on long trips will be doomed to feel uncomfortable/inconvenienced if they have LWBs. I do both in mine and wouldn't give them up.

All that said, I got to sit in LWBs on parked GT3s a few times before ordering, so my only remaining worries were negative impact on ride quality and egress. I find the ride quality surprisingly comfortable, and egress is obviously a bit more difficult than a standard seat, but I've already developed a finesse to manage it even in tight parking spaces, and I personally would much rather lose a few extra seconds every time I get out of my car than spend time actually driving the car wondering what I may be missing out on with sofas.
Old 01-02-2016, 12:13 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

I HAVE LWB FOR APRIL BUILD
Old 01-02-2016, 01:08 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Hello everyone! I have a January 10 (my birthday) lock date and April 29 est. delivery. My build is around $98,000 WITHOUT LWB so I added a fair amount of options, but it doesn't feel so complete without LWB.

At first I was okay with just having 2-way sofas (don't want the extra weight w the 18-way) bc I had them on my last Porsche. I was also worried about LWB being uncomfortable for my woman during long drives.

When I received my allocation over the phone about a month ago, one of the first things I asked is if LWB seats were available and my SA said they weren't. Last week I went to see my SA and I pretty much finalized the build I want. Again I asked about LWB for the third time and she told me that they aren't available and some story about Porsche not having enough LWB supply anymore. I felt that this is weird...

I'd like to know if you all feel this is true?
Anyone else with a similar delivery date?
Anyone else turned down for LWB bc of "lack of availability"?

I'm thinking to call the manager soon to ask him about it after I get enough input here.
Reading your posts in this thread, it's not clear if you want the LWBs. As others had stated, all indications are that they remain available.

So, let us know if you decide to get them.
Old 01-02-2016, 01:43 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

The longest time I spent in my LWB's in one day was about 8 hours. No issues or fatigue following the trip. Can't say how they would be for a long drive, but for 8 hours or less they were fine for me.
Old 01-02-2016, 02:13 AM
toadchen
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My LWB is totally fine and comfortable
Old 01-02-2016, 02:22 AM
soupy
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 23 Posts

omg pls stahp (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

we have a thread for this here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9004...fa-thread.html
Old 01-02-2016, 03:23 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,703 Likes on 936 Posts

Keep in mind when a "Stop Order" is placed, Allocation Month is just one piece of the what is required. Your order submission needs to be within a certain time window as well.

Quick Reply: April Delivery- "LWB seats not available"??? -SA