Sponsored by: APR

April Delivery- "LWB seats not available"??? -SA

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 10:48 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,488 Likes on 2,820 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
MrNurse, navanoD, and anyone else please let us know what you hear.

My order locks on 1/20 and I was just going to call my SA to change some options until i read this. Going to hold off so I don't risk losing the LWBs I already have spec'd. If there is a complete stop order, I'm going to go cry...
FWIW, I changed the color on my order on 12/19 and nothing happened to the seats. Of course that may have been before this possible stop order, if that was a very recent development. Either way, if you already have the seats on there, I think you should be fine.

That said, yeah - until more info, it's understandable to leave well enough alone
Old 01-04-2016, 10:50 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 101 Posts

As one that has a car spec'd with LWBs for May/June delivery, this is the kind of thread I need to avoid.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:03 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm V200 with LWBs. Sales guy added PCCBs with build sheet updated on Jan 2 and still V200. Hopefully I'm ok. Freeze date is still far off at end of March. Going to be really pissed if I sold to reorder for the LWBs and they get yanked.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:17 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I made a change last week as well and LWBs are still on there. But given how fickle Porsche seems to be, I'm to to hold still for now.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:33 PM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MrNurse

How credible is this source? I've been asked the dealer about these seats on December 3, December 4, and December 24! Type901 just posted their seats went through on December 21! If it just reached a "Stop Order" then my dealership messed up big time.
Hey guys- FWIW spoke with my dealer about this earlier today and will hopefully be able to help w anxiety that some may or may not feel on this subject.

If the car has been ordered already, (porsche gives a confirmation of the receipt of the order usually within 48 hours of receiving it) there isn't an issue.

For people who are ordering an allocation from scratch there is a stop order where the LWB isn't accepted as an option (Some may remember this occurred earlier in the fall as well). Presumably this is due to supplier issues.

The dealer also stated that if you have an order in (with LWBs), and plan to change ANY part of it, the order will reset and therefore you will lose the ability to add LWB's (for the time being at least)

Finally, I was told that many dealers understand the demand for the LWB's as well as the supply issues and have ordered a high percent (if not all) of their allocations with LWB's knowing they can always change to other seats but may not be able to get LWB's again before the lock date.

To be honest I didn't discuss order status codes with him, but was told that once porsche has the order in hand with confirmation you are good to go. Hope this helps.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:41 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,488 Likes on 2,820 Posts

^^^ Excellent info. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:44 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by ak432
Hey guys- FWIW spoke with my dealer about this earlier today and will hopefully be able to help w anxiety that some may or may not feel on this subject.

For people who are ordering an allocation from scratch there is a stop order where the LWB isn't accepted as an option (Some may remember this occurred earlier in the fall as well). Presumably this is due to supplier issues.
Yeah, this does nothing for my anxiety. Hopefully they clear it up by next month.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:58 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,703 Likes on 936 Posts

Update from my end. I went to the dealer tonight. Unfortunately my sales person was delivering another clients car when I showed up. We had a ice storm last night and I think he was the only sales person working today. I told him that I sent a email and just reply when he had a chance. I got a reply back from him and I think he misunderstood my email. He thought I was inquiring about my order specifically as his reply was based on the latest memo, there is no indication that my order will be affected. Sorry for not having more clear info.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:00 AM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

The dealer also stated that if you have an order in (with LWBs), and plan to change ANY part of it, the order will reset and therefore you will lose the ability to add LWB's (for the time being at least)
Thanks for checking! Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly...making any changes to a V200 order will delete the LWB option? But if I don't change my V200 order, I will be good. Therefore, I shouldn't make any changes?
Old 01-05-2016, 12:18 AM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the car has been ordered already, (porsche gives a confirmation of the receipt of the order usually within 48 hours of receiving it) there isn't an issue.

Finally, I was told that many dealers understand the demand for the LWB's as well as the supply issues and have ordered a high percent (if not all) of their allocations with LWB's knowing they can always change to other seats but may not be able to get LWB's again before the lock date.

To be honest I didn't discuss order status codes with him, but was told that once porsche has the order in hand with confirmation you are good to go. Hope this helps.
Sounds like bad new for me
Old 01-05-2016, 01:27 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 646 Likes on 400 Posts

....The dealer also stated that if you have an order in (with LWBs), and plan to change ANY part of it, the order will reset and therefore you will lose the ability to add LWB's (for the time being at least)
I spoke with a dealer today who basically said the exact same thing: For confirmed orders (don't know exact production code) with LWBs, ANY changes to the order now will kick out LWBs and the order would be placed at the end of the line to get LWBs again, assuming they become available in time. Dealer agreed that it wasn't logical and had no real explanation, other than "it's Porsche." Very frustrating. (But of course huge first-world "problem.")
Old 01-05-2016, 07:50 AM
Asiandude66
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
I spoke with a dealer today who basically said the exact same thing: For confirmed orders (don't know exact production code) with LWBs, ANY changes to the order now will kick out LWBs and the order would be placed at the end of the line to get LWBs again, assuming they become available in time. Dealer agreed that it wasn't logical and had no real explanation, other than "it's Porsche." Very frustrating. (But of course huge first-world "problem.")
What you are saying is different from ak432 above. You mention that LWBS are still possible, just have to get to the back of the line (in terms of production). That is still somewhat good news for those who want LWBS and are willing to wait. I hope your SA is right.
Thanks
Old 01-05-2016, 09:28 AM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Asiandude66
What you are saying is different from ak432 above. You mention that LWBS are still possible, just have to get to the back of the line (in terms of production). That is still somewhat good news for those who want LWBS and are willing to wait. I hope your SA is right.
Thanks
Not really different than what I said…If my SA is correct and porsche isn't accepting LWB orders at the moment, this doesn't mean that it is absolute and that it is closed forever. This has already happened once with the GT4 but the window opened back up presumably when the supplier caught up with demand for the seat.

The problem is that if one's changeable allocation window locks during that stop order period, then you have a decision to make. Early on in the production cycle of a car, you can always ask the dealer to push back your allocation to a later production date to see if things will change. For a car in such high demand, getting closer to the end of the production cycle, this may not be possible. Having said that, this could be very temporary.

FWIW…I don't think there is a proverbial "line" to get back into if it becomes available. It's a binary thing….available and ordered or not.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:04 AM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Not really different than what I said…If my SA is correct and porsche isn't accepting LWB orders at the moment, this doesn't mean that it is absolute and that it is closed forever. This has already happened once with the GT4 but the window opened back up presumably when the supplier caught up with demand for the seat.

The problem is that if one's changeable allocation window locks during that stop order period, then you have a decision to make. Early on in the production cycle of a car, you can always ask the dealer to push back your allocation to a later production date to see if things will change. For a car in such high demand, getting closer to the end of the production cycle, this may not be possible. Having said that, this could be very temporary.

FWIW…I don't think there is a proverbial "line" to get back into if it becomes available. It's a binary thing….available and ordered or not.
Let me get this straight. I'm v200 with sofas and my order should lock next week with an April 29 delivery. So if I wanted LWB's then my build/delivery would be delayed to a later date than April 29 and I may even not get a GT4 until another couple of months instead of my order just going through with sofas?
Old 01-05-2016, 10:25 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by MrNurse
Let me get this straight. I'm v200 with sofas and my order should lock next week with an April 29 delivery. So if I wanted LWB's then my build/delivery would be delayed to a later date than April 29 and I may even not get a GT4 until another couple of months instead of my order just going through with sofas?
While I posted earlier that I prefer the LWB and my wife is comfortable with them, there are several things to consider. We have the 18 way seats in the 997 GT3 and that allows us to have heated seats. Also, if you have the 18 way seats you can later change to the LWB, and I may with the GT3 but if you start with the LWB you most likely will not have the wiring harness to accommodate the 18 way later. Also, it is my understanding that the 18 way have alcantera in the seating portions which will reduce you slipping in the seats. Either way you will have a great car and waiting might just ace you out of having any GT 4 Good luck, now if the boat bringing mine will just push the "go" button a little faster.

Quick Reply: April Delivery- "LWB seats not available"??? -SA