April Delivery- "LWB seats not available"??? -SA

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 02:24 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default April Delivery- "LWB seats not available"??? -SA

UPDATE:
Hi everyone! I need your help! I'm currently v200. My build is February with April 29 delivery.

If your build/delivery is around that and you have LWBs in your build, please let me know:
1. When is your lock/build/delivery date?
2. What date your LWB order got accepted?
3. What dealership?

My SA says it would help her and her and the owner will look into getting me LWB if possible. I would love to get LWB seats.
0She said when she tried to put the seats and PCNA put a lock on being able to get the seats.

Thanks so much in advance!

Hello everyone! I have a January 10 (my birthday) lock date and April 29 est. delivery. My build is around $98,000 WITHOUT LWB so I added a fair amount of options, but it doesn't feel so complete without LWB.

At first I was okay with just having 2-way sofas (don't want the extra weight w the 18-way) bc I had them on my last Porsche. I was also worried about LWB being uncomfortable for my woman during long drives.

When I received my allocation over the phone about a month ago, one of the first things I asked is if LWB seats were available and my SA said they weren't. Last week I went to see my SA and I pretty much finalized the build I want. Again I asked about LWB for the third time and she told me that they aren't available and some story about Porsche not having enough LWB supply anymore. I felt that this is weird...

I'd like to know if you all feel this is true?
Anyone else with a similar delivery date?
Anyone else turned down for LWB bc of "lack of availability"?

I'm thinking to call the manager soon to ask him about it after I get enough input here.

Thank you!

Last edited by MrNurse; 01-04-2016 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:28 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 89 Posts

Not this fiasco again...
Old 01-01-2016, 02:32 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,488 Likes on 2,820 Posts

Sounds a little funny.

I understand that the ordering system is on scheduled downtime till this Monday.

Did they ever populate a build sheet with an order status for you? I worked with a dealer, one time, who would not submit an order configuration to generate a formal build code. They kept telling me the order was v070, which is not a true build code tied to a chassis.

I would ask her to at least attempt to generate a build with the LWB and see if it makes a v200 or a v100 feasibility check. Tell her you are familiar with the Porsche system and know how it works (some of these SAs are surprisingly not well versed in this). Failing that, I'd go to the sales manager directly.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:44 PM
MrNurse
Pro

I added the configuration of my build to the first post.

Originally Posted by Ferrarisimo
Not this fiasco again...
?

Originally Posted by rk-d
Sounds a little funny.

I understand that the ordering system is on scheduled downtime till this Monday.

Did they ever populate a build sheet with an order status for you? I worked with a dealer, one time, who would not submit an order configuration to generate a formal build code. They kept telling me the order was v070, which is not a true build code tied to a chassis.

I would ask her to at least attempt to generate a build with the LWB and see if it makes a v200 or a v100 feasibility check. Tell her you are familiar with the Porsche system and know how it works (some of these SAs are surprisingly not well versed in this). Failing that, I'd go to the sales manager directly.
I do have a build sheet with the order status. I'm currently v200 without LWB. Just added it to the first post.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:48 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

If you really want the seats and the order hasn't locked, there is little risk IMHO to have them try to change the order to include them and see what happens.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:49 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferrarisimo
Not this fiasco again...
Originally Posted by MrNurse
?
If this is true, this would be the second time that LWBs have been impossible to order. For a brief period Porsche was actually replacing LWBs on orders with 2-ways without even telling the customer, and after the predictable consternation that ensued, they simply delayed LWB orders significantly. By then, they had enough non-LWB orders to keep the production line at capacity, so people without LWBs saw their orders enter production many weeks ahead of schedule. And then for a while there were rumors that LWBs might cease to be available at all on the GT4 going forward in order to keep them available for the RS and maybe the GT3. The Spyder got completely shafted; when orders opened up, LWBs weren't available at all, and I'm not sure that's changed yet. Haven't kept up on it.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:00 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,460 Likes on 763 Posts

I thought LWB were available now. For me LWB are a must
Old 01-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Smoltz
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If you want them, I would call them and ask them to add them to your order, if they push back, I would just reference the online community and indicate that there are other folks who have ordered them recently without issue and tell them that you'd like to try and that if it gets kicked back that you'll gladly take the 2 ways.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:24 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,488 Likes on 2,820 Posts

Yes - just make them submit it and let you know what comes back. The SA may just be operating on hearsay and not actually trying? Not sure why they would want to leave $5k on the table, so it's admittedly weird...Like I said in my prior post, from what I've heard, I think it will have to wait til Monday before they can access the configurator to submit an order.

I believe that there are builds for summer delivery that have LWBs at v200, so it doesn't make a ton of sense. Last I checked, my late March/early April build was at v210.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Dave C4S Cab
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

My order was V250 (Vehicle Fixed) on 12/14/15 with a 01/15/16 production date and 3/14/16 delivery date. Initially LWB wasn't available when i got my allocation on 10/31 but dealer notified me a few days later when they were available again and was added to my build:

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-01-01 at 2.49.40 PM.png
Views: 1129
Size:  279.1 KB

Last edited by Dave C4S Cab; 01-01-2016 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:17 PM
Phil T
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 76 Posts

I'm a February build with a April delivery. My current status is V200 with LWB. Not sure where your SA got her info. I changed my order 3 times in December and my status never changed........Phil
Old 01-01-2016, 04:40 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 226 Likes on 146 Posts

My order got locked in October with LWBs, March production with factory pick up March 31st.

If I show up in Germany and no LWBs I won't take delivery. Buckets are a must for me in any GT product.

This is the first I have heard that you can't get buckets.
Old 01-01-2016, 05:10 PM
roberttran1985
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm an early March delivery (Jan build) in V250 with LWB.
Old 01-01-2016, 05:31 PM
IMOA
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Given the limited supply of the LWB's it's entirely possible that once they know what Lear can supply for each month they make them available for cars being built in that month and once they have all been assigned to builds they get removed again. The fact that a build in the same month as yours locked with LWB's a month ago doesn't mean you can still get LWB's for your build in the that month now.

That said, I can't see how it would hurt to try so I'd be getting the SA to add them to see what happens as imo they really are a lot better than the 2/18 ways.

Also, fwiw, I've never seen any cases of Porsche removing LWB's without telling the customer, I've seen a few people here claim or infer it but when queried they clarified their position to 'well, yes, they did tell me, I was just hoping they'd turn up with them anyway'
Old 01-01-2016, 06:41 PM
superchargedman
Burning Brakes

I'm feb build with first wk April delivery. Lwb are a go for me.

Quick Reply: April Delivery- "LWB seats not available"??? -SA