GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016 | 09:30 PM
76Vintage
Track Day

This is a genuine original CS in pristine condition, probably worth in excess of 1/2 Mill$.
[/QUOTE]

It's great to see one of these immaculate examples getting driven!!
Old 07-05-2016 | 12:21 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Snowman.
I picked one up from a phone shop at Southland. I knew what I was looking for and just went in to all the shops until I found one that had it. From memory it was an Optus shop but I have seen them around in many of them.
Thanks Andrew

[/QUOTE]It's great to see one of these immaculate examples getting driven!! [/QUOTE]
Yep and and he sure knows how to drive it.
Old 07-05-2016 | 01:04 AM
Charliekay
Racer

So does anyone know what the time frame is from the car appearing as DELIVERED FROM in the WWL tracking to actually being delivered?

I am a little eager.
Old 07-05-2016 | 01:10 AM
cp993
Advanced

Might be worth a call to your dealer as I think that would indicate its been handed over by Patricks who do all the customs and compliance stuff. Close now by the sounds of things....
Old 07-05-2016 | 01:57 AM
DR1VEN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Charliekay
So does anyone know what the time frame is from the car appearing as DELIVERED FROM in the WWL tracking to actually being delivered?

I am a little eager.
Nothing wrong with eager! Obviously it varies but as little as 2 days from past experience... from what I understand, the dealers do not know anything about customs until clearance is completed and transport to them is booked. GL
Old 07-05-2016 | 02:07 AM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by cp993
Might be worth a call to your dealer as I think that would indicate its been handed over by Patricks who do all the customs and compliance stuff. Close now by the sounds of things....
My sales guy is on leave until monday so didnt want to bug him.

Originally Posted by DR1VEN
Nothing wrong with eager! Obviously it varies but as little as 2 days from past experience... from what I understand, the dealers do not know anything about customs until clearance is completed and transport to them is booked. GL
Thanks mate. Fingers crossed that it is no more than a week.
Old 07-05-2016 | 02:15 AM
Snowman.
Instructor

Chris I remember when our boats arrived and there was a strike on - can't remember if it was at Patricks or a AQIS - but it was torture!!
Old 07-05-2016 | 02:41 AM
randr
Banned

Originally Posted by Bardman
1 kw is in fact 1.34 hp - you got the conversion inverted.
I know, its called a typo

What I was looking to do was to remove the dip that takes place in the mid range, and have achieved this (with no sacrifice anywhere else in the range). Again if you have driven a GT4 you would understand why. I have driven many different Porsches and none have suffered to the extent that the GT4 does in this area. IMO 8.5k is a small investment to achieve this, for others it may not be.
Fair enough - but if you want mid-range torque - the answer is not going to be found in a NA Porsche. There is a reason 'the dip' exists and dialing it out does have a consequence. You are obviously comfortable with the consequences others won't be.

Its not good advice because it does not actually address my issue, which you would know if you took the time to read what I wrote properly. It was also not curt delivery, but words delivered with knowing winks - an attempt to big note yourself at someone else's expense.
As I said (previously) my advice was well meant. A large element of the enjoyment that comes from a NA car is how the engine behaves - the non - linearity in torque gives the engine character (hence the lumpy HP curve) - its part of the experience (as well as being a reflection of the inherent engineering).

I can understand why you feel "the dip" is a problem, however most modern turbo charged "performance cars" have flat torque curves from low- through to mid-range - which yield very linear HP delivery.

It takes a lot away from the driving experience e.g. the feel is similar whether you drive a Golf R, Focus RS, AMG or M3 (any difference being power/weight).

It begs a very real question, if you're not interested in track days or performance driving and you want mid-range torque, or feel its a problem, why didn't you simply buy a 991 turbo or M3/M4/AMG?

I have a GTS and the "the dip" doesn't hinder day to day driving at all, at least for me.
Old 07-05-2016 | 03:52 AM
AlpineR
Instructor

I am more than happy with my 3.8, both performance and sound wise, as such she will likely stay standard, as God intended lol. As a daily and non track car I think it's just right for me
Old 07-05-2016 | 04:03 AM
cp993
Advanced

Originally Posted by Snowman.
Chris I remember when our boats arrived and there was a strike on - can't remember if it was at Patricks or a AQIS - but it was torture!!
Absolutely was. we got hit with a perfect storm. first patricks went on strike then AQIS found some leaves on a car and made them all go through a cleaning process again but the cleaning area was being renovated and so only one wash bay was available. i think we were 2 to 3 weeks waiting
Old 07-05-2016 | 05:06 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by randr
I have a GTS and the "the dip" doesn't hinder day to day driving at all, at least for me.
Exactly, and I have taken a direction that is right for me. Lets all move on.
Old 07-05-2016 | 05:30 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Originally Posted by Charliekay

I am a little eager.
7-8 days to get to your dealer from landing if all goes well. Then the speed of your dealer's PDI, which will be ~4 days.
Old 07-05-2016 | 05:49 AM
76Vintage
Track Day

Originally Posted by NBTBRV8
7-8 days to get to your dealer from landing if all goes well. Then the speed of your dealer's PDI, which will be ~4 days.
and if you're on the east cost the boat could probably deliver direct to your door...! it's a tad damp people!
Old 07-07-2016 | 09:27 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

I inquired about these wing extensions, lucky I was sitting down when I saw the price on a replied email from Scuderia car parts in the UK.
£880.00 = $1516 AUD Ouch, just for 2 little add on brackets. I reckon some of these suppliers must think we're made of money. I just thought I would have a better unobstructed rear view but at that price I'm happy to be looking at my spoiler.
Old 07-07-2016 | 09:29 PM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by James88
I inquired about these wing extensions, lucky I was sitting down when I saw the price on a replied email.
£880.00 = $1516 AUD Ouch, just for 2 little add on brackets. I reckon some of these suppliers must think we're made of money.
Men would pay a hell of a lot more for a penus extender so may be that is how they are looking at it

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s