Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 01:35 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowman.
^^ My mate that ordered the GT4 on Saturday was trying to get an RS alloaction but couldn't get one.

He's put a deposit down on the 991.2 RS and is getting the GT4 in between. Anyways - he was told the one there was ex-demo. Either way it was very low kms. Main reason he ended up ordering a new one was he didn't want the PCCB's. Interesting that it is now off the market - must have been a busy afternoon as he was test driving it at 2pm on Saturday!
What spec has he gone with on the GT4?
Old 06-20-2016, 01:37 AM
Snowman.
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

Agate with black, Clubsport, extra harness, Sports chrono, leather trim, carbon bits, digital audio.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:56 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Agate with black, Clubsport, extra harness, Sports chrono, leather trim, carbon bits, digital audio.
if he can change the spec delete the roll cage it is a waste of 10k as it doesn't even meet level 2 Cams, same roll cage can be sourced locally for under 2k, money is much better spent on the carbon buckets
Old 06-20-2016, 01:56 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Did they move much on the price of either car?
Old 06-20-2016, 06:25 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 158 Likes on 99 Posts

It was me who caused the ad on carsales to disappear, yes a bit of a bombshell decision. Agate is an incredible colour with the black wheels for the GT4, I drove it and was hooked immediately, much better in the flesh plus the those options and the price was too good to refuse. Its only a couple of months old. So I gave up my allocation on my white one and buying this one, they're doing a full wrap and darkest legal tint, will be ready next week. I really hope I dont regret this decision, I welcome others thoughts on this spontaneous decision.

Oh, had the DME read out, came back with zero rev ranges, zero even in range 1.

Last edited by James88; 06-20-2016 at 07:18 AM.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:00 AM
DR1VEN
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by James88
Was he trying to sell privately, which website was it on and what price was it at then, how long ago was it, do you have that ad handy?

Carsales ad:

2015 Porsche Cayman GT4 MY16
"dealer demo"
650km
$259,000 drive away
VIC reg: AIG750
LMCT: 3140

Features Include :
- Metallic Paint
- Sport Chrono Package
- GTS and Alcantara Package
- Full Bucket Seats
- Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes
- Wheels Painted in Satin Black
- Centre Console Trim in Carbon
- Racing Yellow Seat Belts
- Sun Visors in Leather
- Storage Compartment Lid in Alcantara
- Dashboard Trim Package in Leather
- PCM Package in Leather
- Carbon Interior Package
- Door Trim package in Leather/Alcantara
- Door Sill Guards in Carbon
- Inner Door Sill Guards in Leather
- Black Bi-Xenon Headlights
- Light Design Package
- Stitching in Contrasting Colour
- Instrument Surround Upper Section in Leather
- Steering Column Casing in Leather
- Vehicle Key Painted
- Online Services

Old 06-20-2016, 07:17 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

It was me who caused the ad on carsales to disappear, yes a bit of a bombshell decision. Agate is an incredible colour with the black wheels for the GT4, I drove it and was hooked immediately, much better in the flesh plus the those options and the price was too good to refuse. Its only a couple of months old. So I gave up my allocation on my white one and buying this one, they're doing a full wrap and darkest legal tint, will be ready next week. I really hope I dont regret this decision, I welcome others thoughts on this spontaneous decision.

But your white one is on the boat, so how did you get out of that?
Old 06-20-2016, 07:31 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 158 Likes on 99 Posts

A freind is taking my white one.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:44 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

A freind is taking my white one.
Congrats James - looks awesome. Will you have it this Sunday? Would be good for the two agates to meet up!
Old 06-20-2016, 07:46 AM
DR1VEN
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

Fantastic- congrats. 918 seats and 918 brakes. Colour combo looks great- especially the interior detail. Awesome pickup.

That's certainly one unique way to avoid the last one month of waiting.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:15 AM
Snowman.
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

Haha - nice one Jim. It's a great spec.

I'm sure one day you'll meet Paul who is my mate that looked at it on the weekend.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:18 AM
76Vintage
Track Day

[QUOTE=James88;13389435]It was me who caused the ad on carsales to disappear, yes a bit of a bombshell decision. Agate is an incredible colour with the black wheels for the GT4, I drove it and was hooked immediately, much better in the flesh plus the those options and the price was too good to refuse. Its only a couple of months old. So I gave up my allocation on my white one and buying this one, they're doing a full wrap and darkest legal tint, will be ready next week. I really hope I dont regret this decision, I welcome others thoughts on this spontaneous decision.

Great looking package! Does it vary much from your white spec?

Seeing as quite a few of you are getting wraps, my question is how to have my dealer out East VIC (PCD) organise wraps as part of the delivery. Any advice I could impart to them or am I best to try to sort off my own bat?
Old 06-20-2016, 08:22 AM
cp993
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good on you Jim. Like Agate Grey it was a colour I considered when I specced mine. Very different spec to what you were originally going for....
Old 06-20-2016, 09:41 AM
AlpineR
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DR1VEN
From the WWL database, there appear to be 19 x 2015 GT4 around Jim Richard's Targa Tasmania GT4 VIN (inclusive of Jim's). I've blanked out the last three digits of the VIN in case folks have privacy concerns.

First delivered off the ship was to Melbourne- officially #1?
Being a 981 Spyder owner, I'd love to know the numbers for them in Aus, can you help?
Old 06-20-2016, 09:43 AM
WAY
Instructor

Congrats on the car James! You got a very nice car at less than what it costs. I offered the car to the guys on AE but there were no takers. Don't worry, nothing wrong with the car at all and it was not thrashed before it was traded.

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s