Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 08:32 PM
cp993
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim, that timing is pretty normal.mmine was at port in Bremerhaven for 4 weeks before shipping. Also don't be surprised if there is hold ups at this end. Mine was almost 4 weeks from arrival at port in Melbourne before I was able to take delivery due to quarantine issues...
C
Old 06-01-2016, 08:36 PM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cp993
Jim, that timing is pretty normal.mmine was at port in Bremerhaven for 4 weeks before shipping. Also don't be surprised if there is hold ups at this end. Mine was almost 4 weeks from arrival at port in Melbourne before I was able to take delivery due to quarantine issues...
C
But on the other hand mine got on a boat within a few days, arrived in Melbourne on the due date which was Monday and got cleared within two days, I.e. yesterday.

So it all depends on a whole host of factors. At least you know where it is now and have a date. That is livable, not knowing isn't.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:40 PM
cp993
Advanced

That's awesome and great to hear the timing was so good for you. Better go buy a tattslotto ticket
Old 06-01-2016, 08:42 PM
NBTBRV8
Racer

That's awesome and great to hear the timing was so good for you. Better go buy a tattslotto ticket
And for you to stop walking under ladders
Old 06-01-2016, 09:10 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 158 Likes on 99 Posts

C
Thanks C

Is that you Chris Perry? If it is, its me Jim (JimTT)
Old 06-01-2016, 10:00 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Great news James. Glad to hear it wasn't one of those affected by the accident.

The timing seems right, mine was built 03/05 and on a boat 16/05. I guess it depends on the boat availability.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:02 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Question about Paint Protection.

Who of you are clear wrapping you car? Are you wrapping the whole car or just front end?

Any people who prefer to glass coat it rather than wrap it.

After talking to a few people it seems like the pros of wrapping over coating is it gives more protection.

The downside to wrapping is it is not as glossy and doesn't bead as well as glass coating, plus on a white car you may see discolouration after a couple of years.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?
Old 06-01-2016, 10:04 PM
roders
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

At least you guys made it onto the boat
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Mine is still in Melbourne on vacation and waiting to come home......
Old 06-01-2016, 10:10 PM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Originally Posted by Charliekay

Who of you are clear wrapping you car? Are you wrapping the whole car or just front end?

After talking to a few people it seems like the pros of wrapping over coating is it gives more protection.

The downside to wrapping is it is not as glossy and doesn't bead as well as glass coating, plus on a white car you may see discolouration after a couple of years.

From my understanding glass coating is designed to try an prevent fine scratches in the clear and offers next to no protection for rock impacts.

Film does both of protecting the paint from impacts and the clear from fine swirl scratches. Like any product though, it needs up keep in the form of a fine polish like Clearplex Plastic cleaner to keep the clarity.

I am doing a full front wrap on mine, plus the sills, up the rear guards, full roof, windscreen pillars and mirrors. Plus I am also fitting Clearplex windscreen film to prevent hazing and chips.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:16 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by NBTBRV8
From my understanding glass coating is designed to try an prevent fine scratches in the clear and offers next to no protection for rock impacts.

Film does both of protecting the paint from impacts and the clear from fine swirl scratches. Like any product though, it needs up keep in the form of a fine polish like Clearplex Plastic cleaner to keep the clarity.

I am doing a full front wrap on mine, plus the sills, up the rear guards, full roof, windscreen pillars and mirrors. Plus I am also fitting Clearplex windscreen film to prevent hazing and chips.
I was going to do a full wrap on the car but I have been turned off a little by people telling me that discolouration of the wrap will show up on white cars more. Now in 2 minds.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:33 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 158 Likes on 99 Posts

Great news James. Glad to hear it wasn't one of those affected by the accident.

The timing seems right, mine was built 03/05 and on a boat 16/05. I guess it depends on the boat availability.
Thanks, yes I really thought mine was one of the two white ones on that truck. I feel for the owners of those cars though.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:38 PM
cp993
Advanced

Yes Jim it's me.
Glad your car is on the water now.
Cheers
Chris
Old 06-01-2016, 10:43 PM
cp993
Advanced

I have had the front from the windscreen forward wrapped, under sills inlet blades, door handles and mirrors as well. The back half of the car is ceramic coated and after the wrap I put a spray on ceramic sealer called Reload over the top. The wrap is so so. Cannot say I am thrilled with it but it's doing its job and preventing chips etc. it is going back to get some of the wrap redone due dirt underneath the wrap and some imperfections.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:43 PM
cp993
Advanced

Originally Posted by NBTBRV8
And for you to stop walking under ladders
Ha yes I think you are right
Old 06-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Charliekay
Racer

I have had the front from the windscreen forward wrapped, under sills inlet blades, door handles and mirrors as well. The back half of the car is ceramic coated and after the wrap I put a spray on ceramic sealer called Reload over the top. The wrap is so so. Cannot say I am thrilled with it but it's doing its job and preventing chips etc. it is going back to get some of the wrap redone due dirt underneath the wrap and some imperfections.
Thanks mate.

How is the unwrapped parts of the car going with less protection? Do you track the car?

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s