Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 06:01 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mungee
Hey Charlie sorry to hear about your koyas..I didn't use mine today either at SMP - they just stick out way too far on the 305's. I have the 45 offset and wonder if the 46 or 47 might have been better. Will chat to them tomorrow.

Was great to meet O5C4R out there today and cut some laps with him.

I would have loved to lean on a set of Trofeos but the day went very well regardless. Some of the new parts I think are helping.

Looking forward to meeting & catching up soon with all of you.
I run 46 offset and 295s, I believe Warwick runs 47 offset and 295s. I wouldn't go less than 47 offset. ET50 hit the rear toe links and 46 has only 1 or 2mm clearance. Good thing about the ET45 is you can shave 1 or 2mm off and make it ET46 or 47. But don't take too much off or it will hit.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:29 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Gents. TPC DSC suspension controller is still available for anyone considering this upgrade...
Old 08-24-2017, 07:15 PM
mungee
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Charliekay
I run 46 offset and 295s, I believe Warwick runs 47 offset and 295s. I wouldn't go less than 47 offset. ET50 hit the rear toe links and 46 has only 1 or 2mm clearance. Good thing about the ET45 is you can shave 1 or 2mm off and make it ET46 or 47. But don't take too much off or it will hit.
Yes I think my over ambitious 305 width tyre has done me in here. Anyone want to buy a 2 x 305/30/19 Trofeo R?? Only driven for 30kms on the street.

I have good clearance currently on the toe link at 45, so would like to shave 1-2mm as you have mentioned, need to find someone that can do that now.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:20 PM
mungee
Racer

Originally Posted by MC 968CS
Mungee great to meet you too yesterday. I was in the 'old school' 997.1 GT3, and enjoyed our laps, despite getting spanked by you and your GT4! See you again soon.
Mark - 100% it was great to meet you also. I didn't realise you old school GT3 drivers trolled the GT4 forum...lol.

My quickest laps were hunting you down so thanks for that - I enjoyed immensely the tussle. I was also a little surprised also with the times on the Cup 2's, I have underestimated their ability and what I could get out of the car...The issue is I cradled the iPhone the wrong way around so all of the videos are upside down...will see if I can flip them somehow.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:27 PM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Good to meet you Mungee, your time of 1.43 something was impressive! great driving and you got a beautiful set up on your car as well, I wanna do something similar now
Old 08-24-2017, 10:39 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Yes I think my over ambitious 305 width tyre has done me in here. Anyone want to buy a 2 x 305/30/19 Trofeo R?? Only driven for 30kms on the street.

I have good clearance currently on the toe link at 45, so would like to shave 1-2mm as you have mentioned, need to find someone that can do that now.
Where abouts you based?

I can give you the details of the guy who is fixing my Koya, he is in Lansvale, you can give him a call and see if he can do this for you. He came highly recommended, but not sure if he can shave hubs. The other option was BSA wheels in Peakhurst.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:07 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

To all who had a drive yesterday. I have some work to do! Sunday is in the Lambo; has a brand new flat tyre but hopefully will hold some air!
Old 08-25-2017, 06:44 AM
.dee
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by O5C4R
Good to meet you Mungee, your time of 1.43 something was impressive! great driving and you got a beautiful set up on your car as well, I wanna do something similar now
oh wow was that a 1.43 on a stock car??

if so, very impressive indeed!!
Old 08-25-2017, 08:41 PM
mungee
Racer

Originally Posted by O5C4R
Give Grant a call at Autohaus - I have simplified my wheel alignment somewhat also and the confidence returned to push really hard. 3.2 F & 2.7 R camber with 1.1mm per side toe in on the rear (much less than most) and I removed the toe out on the front, 9deg of caster...works for me.

Originally Posted by Charliekay
Where abouts you based?

I can give you the details of the guy who is fixing my Koya, he is in Lansvale, you can give him a call and see if he can do this for you. He came highly recommended, but not sure if he can shave hubs. The other option was BSA wheels in Peakhurst.
Thanks BSA is perfect for me - will call them today. will measure up whether I do 1 or 2mm, but I have about 4 mm clearance I reckon now.

Originally Posted by .dee
oh wow was that a 1.43 on a stock car??

if so, very impressive indeed!!
thanks - Its on Cup 2's but has a few susp. bits, more aero, plenum, headers, bigger rear bar and a wheel alignment that suits my style. Confidence breeds speed and I had that to push very hard chasing Mark. Only my second time out on track in the car also, so my driving has also improved somewhat with the parts helping somewhat for sure. With some Trofeos on the koya's, sticker brake pads mid or low 42's is on the cards next time out I feel.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:10 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

thanks - Its on Cup 2's but has a few susp. bits, more aero, plenum, headers, bigger rear bar and a wheel alignment that suits my style. Confidence breeds speed and I had that to push very hard chasing Mark. Only my second time out on track in the car also, so my driving has also improved somewhat with the parts helping somewhat for sure. With some Trofeos on the koya's, sticker brake pads mid or low 42's is on the cards next time out I feel.[/QUOTE]

Hi, just wondering if you got a tune done with the headers and plenum?
Old 08-26-2017, 04:59 AM
mungee
Racer

Originally Posted by Warwick Morris
Hi, just wondering if you got a tune done with the headers and plenum?
sorry yes I have Peter Fitzgerald's tune - am trying it out. Dynod the car before and booked in for dyno on Saturday also to compare.

Speed end of straight was exactly the same as before the mods. I'm now with fabspeed headers, plenum and tune..I cannot feel the 40hp the world claims for these mods. it may feel slightly more torquey but jury's out for me still. But I'm running more drag also with bbi wing risers, gurney flap and canards so who knows. Wing was in flat position vs tilted last time So I have even more downforce to go if needed.

I have long tube cargraphics on order awaiting their redesign, so picked up the fabspeeds 2nd hand whilst I wait. I don't like the higher pitched noise of them though...

Osc4ar has Dundon catless headers on his and he claims he can feel the improved torque which I am sure are much better than mine.

long answer sorry...

hows the lambo? Ready for tomorrow?
Old 08-26-2017, 05:41 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

sorry yes I have Peter Fitzgerald's tune - am trying it out. Dynod the car before and booked in for dyno on Saturday also to compare.

Speed end of straight was exactly the same as before the mods. I'm now with fabspeed headers, plenum and tune..I cannot feel the 40hp the world claims for these mods. it may feel slightly more torquey but jury's out for me still. But I'm running more drag also with bbi wing risers, gurney flap and canards so who knows. Wing was in flat position vs tilted last time So I have even more downforce to go if needed.

I have long tube cargraphics on order awaiting their redesign, so picked up the fabspeeds 2nd hand whilst I wait. I don't like the higher pitched noise of them though...

Osc4ar has Dundon catless headers on his and he claims he can feel the improved torque which I am sure are much better than mine.

long answer sorry...

hows the lambo? Ready for tomorrow?
We lost the log book but have a temp from CAMS so OK. I brought the car home overnight and it had a flat on a brand new rear slick, which is a bit of a pisser. Have a spare hard compound so I''l use that if I must. Seems to be a slow leak from a leaking valve. I have the IPD plus TB but no tune and like you can't tell the difference. Been looking at an EVOMSit tune or let Matt at PR Tech loose on it. I want to leave the entire exhaust stock as I'm tired of too noisy booming cars and Porsche seem to make pretty good stuff that's liveable. Having Grant re-do my wheel alignment on Wed (current 3.0 F and 2.75 R) as the fronts are still wearing a lot on the outside half; when I get the wear even that always works for me. The rear is fine though and I sort of like the car moving around under braking; makes it a bit more of an edgy experience unlike the Lambo which sticks like glue everywhere until you crash. AutoH also installing my new LWB seat slider arms which should add to comfort which is quite important to us elderly gentlemen.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:53 AM
.dee
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks - Its on Cup 2's but has a few susp. bits, more aero, plenum, headers, bigger rear bar and a wheel alignment that suits my style. Confidence breeds speed and I had that to push very hard chasing Mark. Only my second time out on track in the car also, so my driving has also improved somewhat with the parts helping somewhat for sure. With some Trofeos on the koya's, sticker brake pads mid or low 42's is on the cards next time out I feel.
Ok thanks, best I heard on a stock car with alignment (Cup 2's) was a mid 1.44, butnthat was driven by a pro, although not his car, so not sure how familiar (comfortable) he was with it.

If you can get to 43's with your mods, and then another 1.5-2.0 on R-tires, would be awsome!

Anyone there on Wednesday for Burrows???
Old 08-26-2017, 06:37 AM
mungee
Racer

Originally Posted by Warwick Morris
I have the IPD plus TB but no tune and like you can't tell the difference. Been looking at an EVOMSit tune or let Matt at PR Tech loose on it.
i was thinking evomsit and like the tunit as I had the same unit on my cayman R and on my 997.2 Carrera GTS both tunes from BGB.

I validated both of those independently on BWA's maha dyno, which you cannot manipulate. both showed good improvements.

Peters tune needs me to go to parramatta to remove each time etc which is far from ideal. Reason I went with Peter is tuned locally on our fuel as he has claimed..dyno runs next sat will show what's changed. 5 or 6 runs and we will see...

side de by side 2nd and 3rd gear pulls would also validate this with a standard GT4 just as easily
Old 08-26-2017, 06:46 AM
mungee
Racer

Originally Posted by .dee
If you can get to 43's with your mods, and then another 1.5-2.0 on R-tires, would be awsome.
with the sticker tyre and a matching aggressive brake pad I believe 1.5 secs is possible - as long as I could leverage that grip...we are the weakest link that's for sure.

That would be a 42.2, a 41 might be achievable in the right hands with some sneaky weight loss across the car and catless headers and matching tune for sure to add more power - they claim another 25hp...

maybe the light flywheel and upgraded LSD might also assist that quest....it never ends....

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s