Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 07:12 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 602 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by ralphmusic
I am not sure whether contributors to this thread have seen these GT4 tune packages from Cargraphics http://www.cargraphicts.com/en/brand...de/power-kits/
thanks Ralph!

Originally Posted by supercup
To save me reviewing 30 pages of thread - can you tell us what this car did stock - for comparison both hp and torque? I recall most cars posted were 340 - 350 bhp @ rear wheels - so this would look like a 50 - 60 bhp gain with torque not much of a change? Thanks for the information and the work to date!
I am about to post all this information on our web page. I apologize for anyone having to dig through all the information. I will also look for a dyno graph of a stock GT4 so you can see a good comparison. As for the status of my car, once you see the package offerings, it will make more sense when I tell you it's a Stage II without an LSD and cat-back mufflers. The tuning is very good; Cobb came down and tuned the car and the performance was very repeatable. We made a max of 407rwhp and 285 lb/ft but there is a change I want to make to how the flaps in the intake are working because we are missing the torque component down low. In other words, I'm not calling it "done" yet because I know I can make it better. I have made more RWTQ with other 981 swaps with less aggressive exhaust and the same flywheel so I'm confident that what I seek is hidden in the intake flap switching for the X51 which is currently being driven off of the GT4 flap switching protocol so the car has more room for improvement.

For those interested, in the meantime that don't want to dig backwards:

Intake Upgrade: K&N Filters, 82mm TB, X51 Manifold, Heads & Cams
Exhaust Upgrade: Cargraphic "Race" Manifolds with stock PSE
Tuning Upgrade: Cobb Accessport & Modified Custom Tuning Drivetrain
Upgrade: Lightweight Flywheel

Last edited by BGB Motorsports; 03-08-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:21 AM
mrd_spy
Burning Brakes

Received 193 Likes on 124 Posts

I am not sure whether contributors to this thread have seen these GT4 tune packages from Cargraphics

http://www.cargraphicts.com/en/brand...de/power-kits/
another Jens kit :-)
Old 03-08-2016, 08:23 AM
rraustin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
thanks Ralph!

I am about to post all this information on our web page. I apologize for anyone having to dig through all the information. I will also look for a dyno graph of a stock GT4 so you can see a good comparison. As for the status of my car, once you see the package offerings, it will make more sense when I tell you it's a Stage II without an LSD and cat-back mufflers. The tuning is very good; Cobb came down and tuned the car and the performance was very repeatable. We made a max of 407rwhp and 285 lb/ft but there is a change I want to make to how the flaps in the intake are working because we are missing the torque component down low. In other words, I'm not calling it "done" yet because I know I can make it better. I have made more RWTQ with other 981 swaps with less aggressive exhaust and the same flywheel so I'm confident that what I seek is hidden in the intake flap switching for the X51 which is currently being driven off of the GT4 flap switching protocol so the car has more room for improvement.

Very impressive John.

Just to confirm, this package uses the Carrera plenum not the IPD GT4 plenum?
Old 03-08-2016, 08:36 AM
ralphmusic
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

thanks Ralph!
No Powerkit, no 4.0L

I'd insert a friendly emotion icon here but I'd probably get the wrong one.

Ralph
Old 03-08-2016, 08:46 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 602 Likes on 269 Posts

No Powerkit, no 4.0L I'd insert a friendly emotion icon here but I'd probably get the wrong one. Ralph
it's okay Ralph. It's still a great kit for a Stage I offering capable of making 415 - 430 HP with or without cats. The Stage II (X51) and Stage III (3.99L) are more for the absolute power hungry owner.

Originally Posted by rraustin
Very impressive John. Just to confirm, this package uses the Carrera plenum not the IPD GT4 plenum?
We do not use the IPD of the Carrera S plenum when we use the X51 Power Kit manifold as it has to work in conjunction with the X51 side runners. So the manifold is 100% stock Porsche X51.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:15 AM
user1029
Drifting

Received 561 Likes on 276 Posts

Awesome power with just bolt ons!
Old 03-08-2016, 11:33 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,459 Likes on 762 Posts

Is the lightweight fly wheel necessary? What are the pros and cons and what is the long term durability of it compared to stock?
Old 03-08-2016, 12:38 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

thanks Ralph!

Thanks John - looks like a great set up - will watch your website for updates!
Old 03-08-2016, 12:57 PM
mrd_spy
Burning Brakes

Received 193 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by user1029
Awesome power with just bolt ons!
X51 Manifold, Heads & Cams

pretty hard core bolt ons
Old 03-08-2016, 01:34 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 561 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by mrd_spy
X51 Manifold, Heads & Cams

pretty hard core bolt ons
Misread I thought plenum, tb, header, tune

/senior moment
Old 03-10-2016, 04:48 AM
turbofreeFLAT6
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not sure whether contributors to this thread have seen these GT4 tune packages from Cargraphics

http://www.cargraphicts.com/en/brand...de/power-kits/
I had a look and couldn't make much sense of it. I asked the following two questions:

Each manifold set, with or without cats, gives a power increase of 16 PS. The only difference between Stage 1 and 2 is that Stage 1 has cats and Stage 2 doesn’t so the power should be the same, yet Stage 1 gives 419PS and Stage 2 gives 437PS.

The rear silencer set with flaps gives a power increase of 11 PS. The only difference between Stage 2 and 3 is that Stage 3 has your rear silencer set (with flaps) and Stage 2 doesn’t so Stage 3 should give 11PS more, yet Stage 2 gives 437PS and Stage 3 gives 445PS, a difference of only 8PS.

Cargraphic replied (I'm paraphrasing) that the sum doesn't equal the parts. However, especially with the first question above, that still doesn't make sense to me.

The power curves for Stages 1 and 2 still plateau at about 6500 rpm, just at a higher level and then have another little rise from 7000 to 7500. I asked if there is a power curve for Stage 3 and there isn't, which is odd. I would want that plateau eliminated.

I also find it surprising that Cargraphic claims 445PS without the full X51 conversion.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:13 PM
turbofreeFLAT6
Instructor

Where's everyone gone?
Old 03-15-2016, 01:14 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by turbofreeFLAT6
Where's everyone gone?
I picked up my GT4 Saturday, so not much time for the forums.
It's been wake, drive, eat, drive, eat, sleep, repeat.

Last edited by d00d; 06-25-2021 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:16 PM
turbofreeFLAT6
Instructor

Congrats! Enjoy!
Old 03-15-2016, 03:26 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,478 Likes on 919 Posts

Business travel....working on a video of the car on the dyno with the cup exhaust and sport headers.

Quick Reply: GT4 - Unlocking the Power Potential!