Notices

Newest spy shots of the Panamera

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Hawkeyes
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JG928S4
That's what most people said when the 928 was introduced...

--------------------------------

Aye to that, I guess lot's of you weren't around, at least Rennlist wasn't, in 76-78 when the 928 was being mass introduced. 928ers seem to be more like 911 hard core folk all the time.........
Good taste is not one of life's prerequisites. I WAS around, but that's not what I said, or thought about the 928. Having said that, I strongly believe that anyone who wants to shell out x$ for a Panawhatever, Humvee, Peterbilt, or a mounted howitzer has my blessing. Think of it - in the 70's people paid hard-earned $ for the AMC Pacer!

Hawkeyes
Attached Images  
Old 07-15-2007, 08:38 PM
CaseyH
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anybody guess what this car is? It looks pretty hideous and I can't ever imagine ANYBODY buying one.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Mark
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CaseyH
Can anybody guess what this car is? It looks pretty hideous and I can't ever imagine ANYBODY buying one.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:57 PM
JKelly
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CaseyH
Whatever it is, I don't think the body kit they made for it is gonna fly.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:37 AM
CaseyH
Pro

Less camo? Still pretty ugly. Nobody would ever buy one of these...

Old 07-16-2007, 05:01 AM
drnick
Drifting

casey, put me down for two! but make them 5 spds
Old 07-16-2007, 11:34 AM
MGW-Fla
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Well I guess as its been said, bottom line, Porsche is the most profitable car company in the world right now. Their continuance of bringing out new models is surely a good thing as long as they aren't too far off the sports car mark. It does make for some interesting conversation for sure. I'm just glad they are still around & independant. I could not imagine if they'd been bought by someone like Chrysler or such!
Old 01-07-2008, 07:53 AM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 150 Likes on 81 Posts

More information trickling...

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/07/c...hybrid-flavor/

Note the "view from above"

------------------------------------

Although Porsche has yet to fully reveal its "four-door GT" to the public, it's officially announced that the Panamera will have the option to come equipped with the same gas-electric hybrid powertrain that will find it's way into the Cayenne by the end of the decade.

The parallel hybrid setup will include a battery pack fitted below the luggage compartment, along with an additional clutch and electric motor mated between the engine and transmission. Fuel consumption is expected to be reduced by around 30-percent, while still providing the same motivation you'd expect from a Porsche.

Stuttgart plans to reveal the Panamera to the world in 2009, initially with traditional gasoline-powered mills, with the hybrid to go on sale later.

PRESS RELEASE

PORSCHE® RELEASES MORE DETAILS ON PANAMERA™

--Ground breaking four-door GT to be offered with Porsche hybrid system--

ATLANTA, January 7th, 2008 – Dr. Ing. h. c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, announced today that it is developing a hybrid drive version of its highly anticipated four-door Gran Turismo. The Panamera Hybrid will utilize the same gas-electric drive concept as the Cayenne Hybrid that comes to market at the end of the decade and will claim a remarkable 30% reduction of fuel consumption.

The full parallel hybrid system of the Panamera will be configured with the battery unit positioned below the luggage compartment, and hybrid module, comprising of an additional clutch and electric motor, will be between the engine and transmission. Depending on driving conditions, the hybrid module has the ability to disengage either the combustion engine or the electric motor, or to combine both drive systems as one joint power unit. This flexibility results in benefits such as a zero emissions driving mode, fuel savings in both city and highway driving and maximum performance when desired.

The Panamera, which represents Porsche's fourth model line, will make its world debut in 2009 and promises to redefine the Gran Turismo category by featuring a unique design package that will afford equally generous front and rear space and seating comfort for four while retaining the sporting and unmistakable driving dynamics of every Porsche. Introduced initially with traditional drivetrains, the hybrid version of the Panamera will be offered at a later date.

Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA), based in Atlanta, GA, and its subsidiary, Porsche Cars Canada, Ltd., are the exclusive importers of Porsche sports cars and Cayenne sport utility vehicles for the United States and Canada. A wholly owned, indirect subsidiary of Dr. Ing.h.c. F. Porsche AG, PCNA employs approximately 250 people who provide Porsche vehicles, parts, service, marketing and training for its 212 U.S. and Canadian dealers. They, in turn, provide Porsche owners with best-in-class service.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Leon Speed
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Makes you wonder if the end of Days of Thunder is upon us..
Old 01-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Jim bailey - 928 International
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking at the overhead view the gas engine looks like it only has 6 intake runners....
Old 01-07-2008, 02:40 PM
928ntslow
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL...talk about history repeating itself.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:52 PM
JKelly
Burning Brakes

More info:
http://cars.uk.msn.com/greenmotoring...mentid=7174440
Old 01-07-2008, 04:41 PM
F4GIB
Racer

Originally Posted by heinrich
I love it, the most beautiful Citroen I have ever seen.
A pregnant Citroen at that.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:14 PM
RyanPerrella
Nordschleife Master

it has 6 intake runners because the hybrid uses a V6

I am still curious to see what the 2 door version will look like, should they decide to make one.

actually i am still curious to see what this panamera looks like when its no longer a mule and an actual car to be sold.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:20 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,188 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicole
That's what most people said when the 928 was introduced...
Most people around here still do

Quick Reply: Newest spy shots of the Panamera