Notices

Thread for those who lost their car on the Felicity Ace ship fire

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2022, 11:12 AM
MiamiNYer
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

My new build sheet shows a status of V100 (feasibility check failed). No idea which option is no longer available. Very frustrating.
Old 03-02-2022, 01:14 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,443 Likes on 911 Posts

Originally Posted by MiamiNYer
My new build sheet shows a status of V100 (feasibility check failed). No idea which option is no longer available. Very frustrating.
Sorry to hear. Several others have also reported same issues with PDCC and PCCB options. At least one member indicated that they were going to push back on PCNA regarding it. I think he posted in the "Official Waiting Room" thread. Just passing the info along in case all you guys might want to get together. Best wishes.
The following users liked this post:
GinaC (03-12-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 01:24 PM
inthesticks
Racer

Received 353 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by MiamiNYer
I've had extensive talks with my dealer about this - my replacement order wouldnt take because there's a stop order on PDCC and PCCBs. The only way to place the order was to remove them from the build. To be honest, I'm extremely dissatisfied with the way this has been handled. I've had no direct contact from Porsche, only through the dealer. Theyre expecting me to just be grateful that I'm getting a new allocation - as far as I'm concerned that's the absolute least they should be doing. But then to say they cant rebuild the original spec due to supply chain issues, and there's no alternative's or other concessions offered - to me this is bad form. I am pushing to have a meeting with my SA to hash this out. I'd like to have a direct convo with Porsche at this point.
Old 03-02-2022, 01:29 PM
ridestp
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

My replacement’s arrival date just got pushed back from 7/1 to 7/15.

So much for the Independence Day trip! Let alone all the springtime driving…
Old 03-02-2022, 01:42 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,643 Likes on 913 Posts

Reading some of the comments here, I am extremely disappointed with how Porsche is handling this.
audimotion (03-05-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 06:25 PM
MiamiNYer
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fullyield
Sorry to hear. Several others have also reported same issues with PDCC and PCCB options. At least one member indicated that they were going to push back on PCNA regarding it. I think he posted in the "Official Waiting Room" thread. Just passing the info along in case all you guys might want to get together. Best wishes.
Which waiting room is he in? I have a Panamera coming at some point this century.

If I post my Porsche code can anyone venture a guess as to what the hold up is?
Old 03-02-2022, 06:27 PM
MiamiNYer
Instructor

Originally Posted by ridestp
My replacement’s arrival date just got pushed back from 7/1 to 7/15.

So much for the Independence Day trip! Let alone all the springtime driving…
Sorry. I know how much you were hoping for that.

Every Uber I’ve taken since last week really irritates me! Should have been in MY car! It’s going to be a lot of Ubers…
Old 03-02-2022, 07:27 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

You should hope you get “a” car on 07/15. See the news about Porsche stopping production due to some parts being manufactured in Russia/Ukraine. I’m sure they’ll eventually find a replacement supplier but it may not be easy.
Old 03-03-2022, 12:11 PM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Received 858 Likes on 452 Posts

https://europe.autonews.com/automake...ukraine-crisis

Hopefully those who lost cars will be right at the top of the list given the disaster in Ukraine.
Old 03-03-2022, 02:47 PM
nnywg
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little surprised the internet sleuths haven't dug up a ship's manifest yet, and/or figured out exactly what was on the ship. Might be a good way to see what production lines were most impacted.

I'm sure VAG will take care of people in due course, it's very early days for them to have a full plan, especially across all brands involved. Unfortunately with the sinking now they can never investigate the root cause. Could've been anything even though people will speculate a battery failure starting it. In the very early days of Tesla you'd get stories of people's cars burning down their garage/house but I've seen nothing like that for years. VAG is relatively new to the electric game but I haven't seen reports of ID4s or Taycans self combusting either.

Chin up, we're all privileged to even consider being impacted by this.
Old 03-04-2022, 11:15 AM
ridestp
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Another bump back from 7/1 to 7/15 to 7/22. Reached out my SA and he said it showed 7/29 in his system.

SA said the Leipzig plant was shut down due to part shortages and that other plants were not currently impacted.

Porsche keeps rescheduling, see pic:

Old 03-05-2022, 01:30 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

I am betting that the earliest a replacement car will arrive state side will be September - and that is if the current situation with Ukraine war does not get worse. If it gets worse, I fully expect for production to halt for weeks until Porsche sorts out different suppliers. Its not like there are companies waiting VW group with open arms to produce millions of wiring harnesses on a moment's notice. I think you need to have realistic expectations. I am genuinely beginning to think, its best to either not buy a car right now or buy something off the lot - just to get the job done, bare minimum (and by bare minimum I mean like a Subaru or Explorer) if you must have a car. Its too much hassle to go through with this and spend the sums of money is a slap on the face.
NYCGT3 (03-05-2022)
Old 03-05-2022, 03:20 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
I am betting that the earliest a replacement car will arrive state side will be September - and that is if the current situation with Ukraine war does not get worse. If it gets worse, I fully expect for production to halt for weeks until Porsche sorts out different suppliers. Its not like there are companies waiting VW group with open arms to produce millions of wiring harnesses on a moment's notice. I think you need to have realistic expectations. I am genuinely beginning to think, its best to either not buy a car right now or buy something off the lot - just to get the job done, bare minimum (and by bare minimum I mean like a Subaru or Explorer) if you must have a car. Its too much hassle to go through with this and spend the sums of money is a slap on the face.
Agreed with the “slap on the face” comment…. For me, it just gets worse by the day, after 18 months so far without a vehicle. If in fact, delivered after August the model year becomes a major factor in my opinion. Do you want to wait forever, and receive what will be, a 1 year old car?
Old 03-05-2022, 03:28 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NYCGT3
Agreed with the “slap on the face” comment…. For me, it just gets worse by the day, after 18 months so far without a vehicle. If in fact, delivered after August the model year becomes a major factor in my opinion. Do you want to wait forever, and receive what will be, a 1 year old car?
Your situation is really sad. I dont know what to say. If I were you, I would be escalating to the senior PCNA management. They have to make it right - at the very least, a) You pre-traded your car and you have been without a car for so long and b) You will be losing tax credit by the time this is all said and done.

I was doing research over the night and historically car companies are not obligated to switch over to the new model year at a set date. There has been cases where they continued several months beyond the original date with an older model year. Car's classification of new vs used varies country to country but in US any car that has never been titled is new regardless of model year. So Porsche can build you a MY22, for the same price, in January 2023 and legally they are probably OK. I'm pretty sure they have had extensive legal consultations before making decisions.

Also you need to see the big picture (as bad as the situation is, we need to be realistic). Volkswagen Group is bigger than Porsche. There are cars in that ship from Lambos to Bentleys to basic VW SUVs. They cannot "take care" of their GT3 customers and abandon their VW SUV customers. Now take that information and marry it with the notion that MY changes will introduce price differences in some of these models. There may be no price differences in your car but my Cayenne will have a price increase in 2023 due to facelift. There may be no price difference in Bentleys but maybe VW Atlas has a new engine in 2023. They simply cannot sell the 2023 cars with 2022 prices because 2023 cars will have a different pricing/package structure. They cannot specially treat brands or models. They are having these meetings at the very senior level and I don't think PAG get to control the parameters of the equation here.

I have been waiting for 8 months and when my replacement car arrives the wait will be 15 months. It is not 24 months like yours and no I did not pre-trade but I feel your pain.
The following 2 users liked this post by 3-Pedals:
nnywg (03-05-2022), NYCGT3 (03-08-2022)
Old 03-05-2022, 04:21 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
Your situation is really sad. I dont know what to say. If I were you, I would be escalating to the senior PCNA management. They have to make it right - at the very least, a) You pre-traded your car and you have been without a car for so long and b) You will be losing tax credit by the time this is all said and done.

I was doing research over the night and historically car companies are not obligated to switch over to the new model year at a set date. There has been cases where they continued several months beyond the original date with an older model year. Car's classification of new vs used varies country to country but in US any car that has never been titled is new regardless of model year. So Porsche can build you a MY22, for the same price, in January 2023 and legally they are probably OK. I'm pretty sure they have had extensive legal consultations before making decisions.

Also you need to see the big picture (as bad as the situation is, we need to be realistic). Volkswagen Group is bigger than Porsche. There are cars in that ship from Lambos to Bentleys to basic VW SUVs. They cannot "take care" of their GT3 customers and abandon their VW SUV customers. Now take that information and marry it with the notion that MY changes will introduce price differences in some of these models. There may be no price differences in your car but my Cayenne will have a price increase in 2023 due to facelift. There may be no price difference in Bentleys but maybe VW Atlas has a new engine in 2023. They simply cannot sell the 2023 cars with 2022 prices because 2023 cars will have a different pricing/package structure. They cannot specially treat brands or models. They are having these meetings at the very senior level and I don't think PAG get to control the parameters of the equation here.

I have been waiting for 8 months and when my replacement car arrives the wait will be 15 months. It is not 24 months like yours and no I did not pre-trade but I feel your pain.
You would think my dealer and or PCNA would take some accountability, especially for the pre-trade situation, without an allocation for the promised delivery date fiasco. Complete deception. I’ve contacted PCNA, and someone at the dealer’s corporate level. No one cares. PCNA simply pushes it back to the dealer, and the corporate dealer contact, simply pushes it back to the Manager at the dealership, who was involved in the situation from the beginning! If my car ever in fact shows up, I’ll have been without a vehicle for TWO YEARS. One would ask, why didn’t I buy a holdover vehicle? I was continually being given dates 5-6 months out, and pushed out, sunk, pushed out. It never ends… Even better!! To add insult to injury, the dealership just sent me a free carfax report on my 997, they took on 10/03/20…….

Last edited by NYCGT3; 03-05-2022 at 04:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Thread for those who lost their car on the Felicity Ace ship fire