Notices

Thread for those who lost their car on the Felicity Ace ship fire

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2022, 11:06 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 109 Posts

Any news or updates from Porsche. They were supposed to give an update today but it still may be too soon.
Old 02-21-2022, 11:17 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,643 Likes on 913 Posts

Here is my speculation (we can have a bet):

- They are going to start building these lost cars right away
- There will be constraints that they will not be able to
address (i.e. no Matrix headlights, 18 way seats, PCCBs, etc). So whatever the current production constraints are, you are also going to be impacted
- If you dont want the car they propose to build, you will have a choice to wait.
- They will allow you to wait until to the end of MY22. When MY23 starts, you lose your spot. So you either get what they offer or you dont get a car at all.

Pricing will change in MY23, so will options/packages. It wont be possible for them to rebuild these cars as MY23 from a logistical standpoint. You can always forfeit your order and start from scratch but your pricing resets so will be your spot in the queue.

I’m sure what I wrote will be 99% what will take place.
Old 02-21-2022, 11:51 AM
ridestp
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals

address (i.e. no Matrix headlights, 18 way seats, PCCBs, etc). So whatever the current production constraints are, you are also going to be impacted
- If you dont want the car they propose to build, you will have a choice to wait.
- They will allow you to wait until to the end of MY22. When MY23 starts, you lose your spot. So you either get what they offer or you dont get a car at all.

Pricing will change in MY23, so will options/packages. It wont be possible for them to rebuild these cars as MY23 from a logistical standpoint. You can always forfeit your order and start from scratch but your pricing resets so will be your spot in the queue.

Are there constraints on 18 ways? I had seen PCCBs as constrained. I’d be bummed to miss out on 18s.

Is this an educated guess or based on inside info?
Old 02-21-2022, 11:55 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ridestp
Are there constraints on 18 ways? I had seen PCCBs as constrained. I’d be bummed to miss out on 18s.

Is this an educated guess or based on inside info?
Both. Some 18s did not go through in Jan. Not sure now.
Old 02-21-2022, 02:23 PM
inthesticks
Racer

Received 353 Likes on 127 Posts

The bolded is what I'd be surprised by. That would be a surprisingly aggressive stance towards the people who just lost their cars.
Old 02-21-2022, 02:37 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by inthesticks
The bolded is what I'd be surprised by. That would be a surprisingly aggressive stance towards the people who just lost their cars.
they havent lost their cars though. Cars belonged to Porsche. As harsh as it might sound, there is not much they can do if they dont have parts. You either take what they can build for you OR wait but you cant really wait forever. These cars will cost more in MY23 due to facelift and will have different options. They cant honor MY22 pricing that you agreed more than a year ago prior to 7.5% inflation. Its just not realistic.
Old 02-21-2022, 02:42 PM
ridestp
Intermediate

they havent lost their cars though. Cars belonged to Porsche. As harsh as it might sound, there is not much they can do if they dont have parts. You either take what they can build for you OR wait but you cant really wait forever. These cars will cost more in MY23 due to facelift and will have different options. They cant honor MY22 pricing that you agreed more than a year ago prior to 7.5% inflation. Its just not realistic.
I haven’t seen anything about a facelift, just that they’d be going to EV soon, so surprised they’d facelift before that.
Old 02-21-2022, 02:45 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

I haven’t seen anything about a facelift, just that they’d be going to EV soon, so surprised they’d facelift before that.
Google “cayenne facelift 2023”. Plenty of pictures.
Old 02-21-2022, 02:50 PM
ridestp
Intermediate

Google “cayenne facelift 2023”. Plenty of pictures.
I was thinking of the 718, not Cayenne.

Returning to the thread's topic, I texted my SA today and he told me there was nothing to share yet, despite what others have shared regarding communication.
Old 02-21-2022, 03:02 PM
inthesticks
Racer

Received 353 Likes on 127 Posts

Porsche has the parts, they just prioritize them due to limited availability. For example, PCCBs would still be avail for GT cars and Turbo S. So if you had an S or 4S on this ship with PCCBs, Porsche should absolutely honor that build if the parts exist. Whether they do or not remains to be seen.
Old 02-21-2022, 03:23 PM
MiamiNYer
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I was thinking of the 718, not Cayenne.

Returning to the thread's topic, I texted my SA today and he told me there was nothing to share yet, despite what others have shared regarding communication.
Same here. They were expecting an update today but it didn’t come. They expect it tomorrow. They are very confident that the cars will be prioritised but exactly how that will play out remains to be seen.
Old 02-21-2022, 05:20 PM
dmac
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ladylow87
Just joining to commiserate with everyone! My birthday present was on Miss Felicity. Was so looking forward to my first Porsche! In due time, I suppose.

That's a rough first post. Sorry, Miss Felcity torched my birthday present as well.
The following 2 users liked this post by dmac:
GinaC (03-12-2022), ladylow87 (02-21-2022)
Old 02-21-2022, 06:58 PM
milban
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess we all received a pic from Porsche of our cars’ last moment on the assembly line, I wonder if we’ll all each get a pic of our cars finishing the Ocean Voyage ?
Old 02-21-2022, 07:23 PM
ladylow87
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ha. It is rough! I'm trying to find it funny versus just really sad. lol Of course - my brand new car would be melted into the Atlantic. Why wouldn't it?
Old 02-22-2022, 06:21 PM
ridestp
Intermediate

I’ve started to see in some other threads about the fire (992 GT thread) that some folks are being contacted by their SA with new allocations. Some have lost access to TYD (I have not) indicating old commission number is not valid any longer. I think I saw people with Taycan and Cayenne orders.

Nothing from my dealer yet.

Quick Reply: Thread for those who lost their car on the Felicity Ace ship fire