Notices

Thread for those who lost their car on the Felicity Ace ship fire

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 09:50 PM
MiamiNYer
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Sadly quiet on this thread. I guess we have all resigned ourselves to another long wait. Seems like the Panamera allocations were the earliest in the group but now production is halted so they’re not moving either. Don’t even have a reason to hound my SA anymore!

Been looking at CPOs but can’t justify it. I feel like I would end up getting half at best when I trade in… Plus I am holding out ridiculous hope that it might not be quite that long…
Old 03-07-2022, 10:07 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,643 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by MiamiNYer
Sadly quiet on this thread. I guess we have all resigned ourselves to another long wait. Seems like the Panamera allocations were the earliest in the group but now production is halted so they’re not moving either. Don’t even have a reason to hound my SA anymore!

Been looking at CPOs but can’t justify it. I feel like I would end up getting half at best when I trade in… Plus I am holding out ridiculous hope that it might not be quite that long…
I would not be suprised if Porsche stops the factories all together for a month or two.
Old 03-07-2022, 10:30 PM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 57 Posts

I sold my S560 daily once my TTS was on the boat. Not a good move, in hindsight. My new delivery date on TYD is 7/29/22. Not going to be happy getting a MY22 at the end of July.
The following users liked this post:
NYCGT3 (03-08-2022)
Old 03-08-2022, 12:22 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by milrad
I sold my S560 daily once my TTS was on the boat. Not a good move, in hindsight. My new delivery date on TYD is 7/29/22. Not going to be happy getting a MY22 at the end of July.
I am 100% with you on the model year issue. Few people are addressing this. My rebuild delivery date is 7/22. I didn’t sign up for an essentially one year old vehicle. Model year changeovers usually start in August…. We should be given a choice…. Maybe 60 days later for a ‘23? Something to that effect…

Last edited by NYCGT3; 03-08-2022 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-08-2022, 01:37 PM
P_Bass
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the situation is quite bad. Over in Audiland, they have had to shut down all of Neckarsulm and 2/3 of Ingostadt due to the wire harness issue for 2 solid weeks, at least. Basically all the MLB platform cars impacted, which is huge volume. How long for wire harness suppliers to re-tool production at another site and start flowing materials? I'm guessing it's not 2 weeks, but more like month at least if you think about what's involved. And that's just that one particular issue.
nnywg (03-08-2022)
Old 03-08-2022, 11:18 PM
MiamiNYer
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by NYCGT3
I am 100% with you on the model year issue. Few people are addressing this. My rebuild delivery date is 7/22. I didn’t sign up for an essentially one year old vehicle. Model year changeovers usually start in August…. We should be given a choice…. Maybe 60 days later for a ‘23? Something to that effect…
And we don’t even really know when our build dates will be given all these delays. If brand new orders are also being pushed out, do you think they might delay the changeover dates?
Old 03-09-2022, 08:45 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MiamiNYer
And we don’t even really know when our build dates will be given all these delays. If brand new orders are also being pushed out, do you think they might delay the changeover dates?
I dont think we are going to get our cars before Fall. And whats upsetting is Porsche has been very tight lipped
NYCGT3 (03-09-2022)
Old 03-09-2022, 07:25 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,103 Likes on 1,324 Posts

SUB'd.

Old 03-10-2022, 04:05 PM
ladylow87
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
I dont think we are going to get our cars before Fall. And whats upsetting is Porsche has been very tight lipped
Fall is my prediction as well - at best. And I'm sure they'll push back the production year end to "accommodate".
Old 03-10-2022, 04:28 PM
P_Bass
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Over on Audi formum we are discussing how long it really is going to take to get wire harnesses made in an other location. Figures like one month vs. 3 months are being batted around. I can't tell whether that's real information from trade press or just informed speculation. ONe things for sure, Audi's entire B chassis lines in Germany are current at total stop for the next few weeks at least.
Old 03-10-2022, 04:32 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by P_Bass
Over on Audi formum we are discussing how long it really is going to take to get wire harnesses made in an other location. Figures like one month vs. 3 months are being batted around. I can't tell whether that's real information from trade press or just informed speculation. ONe things for sure, Audi's entire B chassis lines in Germany are current at total stop for the next few weeks at least.
Thank you very much !
can you please provide a link to the Audi forum(s) that are discussing these issues?
Old 03-10-2022, 06:00 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 137 Posts

Deleted..

Last edited by NYCGT3; 03-11-2022 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-10-2022, 06:20 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

That is dreaming. We had months of delays due to far more benign hiccups than factories completely shutting down. Its going to take weeks just to hire people and train them. Its basic mathematics. If Leoni has 4 factories of which 2 were lost in Ukraine, there is no way the other 2 can ramp up production to keep up with the demand without hiring additional staff. Factories produce X amount using Y number of staff. You cant go to 2X without 2Y in the same amount of time.
Old 03-10-2022, 06:22 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,443 Likes on 911 Posts

Much what I have read is speculation as neither Porsche nor the wiring harness mfgr has said anything except: 1. Porsche assembly line in Leipzig shutdown for two weeks and 2 Wiring harness mfgr’r retooling its other plants (Morocco most likely) to make up for the Ukrainian shortfall. Current 911 freeze dates in March and CP8 production dates in April have not been changed in TYD notwithstanding the new, vague banner posted discussing delays. Porsche dealer document regarding production appears genuine but TYD for 911 April production has not been changed???? So I suspect your individual delay greatly depends on the specific model and specific assembly line as Porsche wiring harnesses are produced around the world. I think the VAG, Audi, Porsche SUV shared platforms took the biggest hit which makes sense because they all use a shared platform so probably same harness most likely. BMW was hit too.
Old 03-10-2022, 06:30 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,443 Likes on 911 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
That is dreaming. We had months of delays due to far more benign hiccups than factories completely shutting down. Its going to take weeks just to hire people and train them. Its basic mathematics. If Leoni has 4 factories of which 2 were lost in Ukraine, there is no way the other 2 can ramp up production to keep up with the demand without hiring additional staff. Factories produce X amount using Y number of staff. You cant go to 2X without 2Y in the same amount of time.
Leoni is global company with factories around the world doing Fiber, cable, optics work in addition to automotive wiring harnesses. It has factories all over Eastern Europe(Romania, Slovakia, etc.) and in N.Africa andMexico. The two Ukrainian factories are located in western UK. Leoni voluntarily shut them down so the workers could address family issues and fight. Leoni reportedly moving its workers who can and want to leave to work in its other nearby factories per Eastern Europe press reports. Could be fake news…..who knows for sure?

Last edited by Fullyield; 03-10-2022 at 06:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Thread for those who lost their car on the Felicity Ace ship fire