Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2022 | 08:41 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAMilford
I signed my second set of DocuSign papers today to pay the temporary registration taxes. ED for my GT3T is planned for late June assuming it finally exits build after 30 days!!
What was the registration for? Is that the VAT your dealer is charging you as a deposit? Haven't gotten anything related to that myself and my ED date is before yours.. but Joey said I was still on track for 6/10 when I checked in with him last week

Also, did they already book your hotel? No confirmation on that either

Old 04-11-2022 | 08:48 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by JAMilford
I signed my second set of DocuSign papers today to pay the temporary registration taxes. ED for my GT3T is planned for late June assuming it finally exits build after 30 days!!
Originally Posted by sampelligrino
What was the registration for? Is that the VAT your dealer is charging you as a deposit? Haven't gotten anything related to that myself and my ED date is before yours.. but Joey said I was still on track for 6/10 when I checked in with him last week

My ED date is 5/23 (because I wanted it done sooner rather than later) although my car still hasn't exited Production. And my complimentary hotel is already booked as confirmed by Joey, but haven't settled the VAT yet. So it seems timing and dates can be all over the place.
Old 04-11-2022 | 09:39 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by touringGT3
My ED date is 5/23 (because I wanted it done sooner rather than later) although my car still hasn't exited Production. And my complimentary hotel is already booked as confirmed by Joey, but haven't settled the VAT yet. So it seems timing and dates can be all over the place.
I was told 4-6 weeks prior to ED date for my trip package to arrive, I presume at that point things like hotel are confirmed. My paperwork was submitted week before last.

My car goes in April 15 and is CP8 May 6. Earliest ED date is 30 days from that point but I'm going a couple weeks after that 30 day mark.
Old 04-11-2022 | 09:53 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by SToronto
I was told 4-6 weeks prior to ED date for my trip package to arrive, I presume at that point things like hotel are confirmed. My paperwork was submitted week before last.
Yes, the "package" will contain hotel confirmation, taxi voucher, ED name tags, and other docs/info. Below was my package for my 2020 992S (but got cancelled due to the pandemic).

Originally Posted by SToronto
My car goes in April 15 and is CP8 May 6. Earliest ED date is 30 days from that point but I'm going a couple weeks after that 30 day mark.
Guess my car has to complete CP8 by 4/22 for my 5/23 to happen if the 30 day timing is accurate.
The following users liked this post:
SToronto (04-14-2022)
Old 04-12-2022 | 08:51 AM
pefman
Advanced

I received my ED package (as shown by Touring GT3 above) yesterday with the confirmed date of May 3 pickup in Leipzig. We are getting a Macan S so not as exciting as when we got the GT4, but at least I don't have to worry this time about speed bumps or driveway ramps! Spending 5 weeks touring around mostly Italy and France.
Dubber (04-18-2022)
Old 04-12-2022 | 11:43 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I've been trying to book my ticket for weeks now, the travel agency Porsche uses is a disaster, may not be worth the discount.
Reply turn around time is 3-4 days just to answer that the ticket you confirmed is no longer available (But I can book on my Delta app).

Any way to book this through delta direct with discount?

Each e-mail is replied with:

"From: Travel Requests <travel.requests+canned.response@travelinc.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2022 10:28 AM
To: peter
Subject: RE: Porsche Delivery Leipzig

Hello, you have reached the Travel Incorporated Reservations Email Box.

Requests received outside the hours of Monday-Friday, 8:00am -12 midnight EST, (excluding Holidays) will be processed the next business day.

If you are traveling within 24 hours,or this is an urgent travel related matter, please contact Travel Incorporated at 770-291-4200.

Thank you. We appreciate your business."

I called but I don't have the last name or extension number and no real person answers.

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 04-12-2022 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-12-2022 | 11:57 AM
gator9_911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I've been trying to book my ticket for weeks now, the travel agency Porsche uses is a disaster, may not be worth the discount.
Reply turn around time is 3-4 days just to answer that the ticket you confirmed is no longer available (But I can book on my Delta app).

Requests received outside the hours of Monday-Friday, 8:00am -12 midnight EST, (excluding Holidays) will be processed the next business day.

If you are traveling within 24 hours,or this is an urgent travel related matter, please contact Travel Incorporated at 770-291-4200.

I called but I don't have the last name or extension number and no real person answers.
I gave up as well. The discount is only for certain fare codes and it became a time suck. The delta app seems to be a lot easier and having direct control over my booking / tickets was worth the small (if any) price increase. Food forbid you have to make any changes down the road.

I ended up using American as I was heading into Frankfurt.
Old 04-12-2022 | 12:20 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Yup - that mirrors my experience, and on top of that didn't want to invest days and hours into this only to hear back that the discount wouldn't work for my itinerary since I want to stop in London first... I went with Lufthansa via Amex
Old 04-12-2022 | 12:57 PM
woobiee
Pro

I compared their special rates to our Chase travel rates and they were surprisingly a bit more expensive. And now hearing negative feedback, I may as well skip Porsche's special offer.
Old 04-12-2022 | 11:39 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Don't think there are any special travel discounts here. At least was never informed of them.

Doesn't sound worthwhile though.
Old 04-13-2022 | 09:06 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Took all day waiting on hold, call backs and emails but finally issued a ticket, after they said they couldn’t book the flights I wanted, I argued that I can book it on the Delta app and they booked it.

In the 6 days it took after I confirmed to book the ticket, price went up over $500, but it was still a $1200 saving compared to me booking direct with Delta.

No wonder no one uses a travel agent anymore.
Old 04-13-2022 | 09:59 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Took all day waiting on hold, call backs and emails but finally issued a ticket, after they said they couldn’t book the flights I wanted, I argued that I can book it on the Delta app and they booked it.

In the 6 days it took after I confirmed to book the ticket, price went up over $500, but it was still a $1200 saving compared to me booking direct with Delta.

No wonder no one uses a travel agent anymore.
IMO: Travel agents are supposed to professionals and the only reason to use them is to save money/time.

Nowadays it seems to be the opposite.

MrInternational (04-13-2022)
Old 04-14-2022 | 11:13 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

I hit the jackpot last night on travel.

I figured let me check what flights cost now for the same flights. I was able to buy new tickets for 50,000 points less, save $1557 and get signature class (lie flat seats) and my old tickets were fully refundable.

A nice extra bump on the exciting trip.
quattroboy (04-14-2022)
Old 04-14-2022 | 11:17 AM
Borg1of5
Instructor

Had mine today!

The following 7 users liked this post by Borg1of5:
aggie57 (04-14-2022), JAMilford (04-14-2022), quattroboy (04-14-2022), sampelligrino (04-19-2022), SpyderTarga (04-14-2022), SToronto (04-19-2022), touringGT3 (04-14-2022) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-14-2022 | 06:47 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Originally Posted by sampelligrino

The second set of DocuSigns is for the registration of the car in Germany to get the temporary license plates ... paid for by PAG.
sampelligrino (04-19-2022)

Quick Reply: Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?