Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2022 | 07:35 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Definitely fail on the Porsche travel agency. They said they couldn't get me to Leipzig and asked if Frankfurt was OK instead. I asked what about Stuttgart then. They tried to book me with a 1 hr layover through Frankfurt both ways. What are these people thinking with something like that. No way can one transition from international to domestic (or vice versa) in that time frame.
I'm actually surprised that Porsche partnered with them when they can't get someone to the 2 major German factories in an acceptable manner. Oh, booking via Lufthansa/United was cheaper.
Old 04-17-2022 | 08:26 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

^why transfer to the domestic airport for short distance. I looked at FRA to Stuttgart, didn't make sense, waste of time. There's a 1 hr 15 min train from FRA to Stuttgart.
Old 04-17-2022 | 10:17 PM
gator9_911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SToronto
^why transfer to the domestic airport for short distance. I looked at FRA to Stuttgart, didn't make sense, waste of time. There's a 1 hr 15 min train from FRA to Stuttgart.
Exactly what I did. Train station is in the FRA airport. Easy.
The following users liked this post:
SToronto (04-18-2022)
Old 04-18-2022 | 09:52 AM
pefman
Advanced

@Borg1of5 I see you are also from Canada. My wife and I are leaving here May 1 for a May 3 delivery in Leipzig. Can you tell me your experience with Covid testing. It appears to me that the best bet is to get the rapid antigen test the day before we leave. We get the results in 30 minutes. The problem with the PCR tests is that the results may take a while. What did you do? What would you recommend? Thanks for any help. Ed
Old 04-18-2022 | 10:05 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pefman
@Borg1of5 I see you are also from Canada. My wife and I are leaving here May 1 for a May 3 delivery in Leipzig. Can you tell me your experience with Covid testing. It appears to me that the best bet is to get the rapid antigen test the day before we leave. We get the results in 30 minutes. The problem with the PCR tests is that the results may take a while. What did you do? What would you recommend? Thanks for any help. Ed
You can get same day PCR tests and such. Don't know where you are in Canada but Toronto area has numerous such clinics. For a price of course.

Just get a rapid test since they are accepted, cheaper and works.
Old 04-18-2022 | 10:15 AM
Borg1of5
Instructor

Originally Posted by pefman
I’m fully vaccinated, and got in through Zurich, so I had no test required. It all depends on your vaccinations status and from which country you get in! And you have to recheck regularly as the situation evolve.
Old 04-18-2022 | 10:42 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SToronto
Because my original ED request was for Leipzig. Was willing to change to Stuttgart where I flew into directly on my last ED (Delta airlines).
Please reread what I stated regarding the travel agency. They booked it that way. It was not a request from me to have that hop with a layover.

Not that it really matters but I was just informed of a shift of my car's production schedule from MY22 to MY23. So ED shift is also required. Question is how big of a shift as I have no interest in a Oct+ ED.

Last edited by ExMB; 04-18-2022 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-18-2022 | 03:13 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Has anyone been able to take a Zuffenhausen factory tour recently (this year)? Their website still states "Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer factory and site tours until further notice. We will inform you here as soon as they are offered again" but I have heard a few folks may have actually been able to tour the factory during their delivery even though it is "officially" not permitted. Anyone have any insights?

https://www.porsche.com/internationa...ctionmeasures/
Old 04-18-2022 | 03:16 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAMilford
Has anyone been able to take a Zuffenhausen factory tour recently (this year)? Their website still states "Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer factory and site tours until further notice. We will inform you here as soon as they are offered again" but I have heard a few folks may have actually been able to tour the factory during their delivery even though it is "officially" not permitted. Anyone have any insights?

Our country ED manager said that tours are not currently available, this was almost 4 weeks ago.
Old 04-18-2022 | 03:56 PM
woobiee
Pro

My ED correspondence 2 weeks ago also I states the same: Zuffenhausen is not doing tours at this time.
Old 04-19-2022 | 02:24 AM
Borg1of5
Instructor

Originally Posted by JAMilford

I don’t know for Zuffenhausen, but I was at Leipzig last week and I got a factory tour, as part of my European Delivery, and there was none European Delivery people with us.
Old 04-19-2022 | 03:46 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Well it is certainly encouraging that Leipzig is conducting factory tours. It may be a function of local COVID infection rates or possibly just other constraints in Zuffenhausen that is keeping them from resuming tours. I do remember reading a post from someone that was recently given a factory tour in Zuffenhausen as part of their ED even though it is not "officially permitted" ... can't remember when or where i read that though.
Old 04-28-2022 | 10:42 PM
pefman
Advanced

Turns out I checked with the airline, and Germany does not now require a negative Covid test if you are fully vaccinated. That works great for me and my wife as we have 4 shots of Pfizer. One less thing to worry about.

We leave Sunday evening for Tuesday factory pickup!
Old 04-29-2022 | 07:30 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Picked up the car yesterday, no vaxx but masks required inside, sometimes.
Was fun in Leipzig, did the track, did off-road did the factory tour
Attached Images      
brake dust (04-29-2022)
Old 04-29-2022 | 07:31 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

And we did the Ring last night of course to bed the brakes ;-)
brake dust (04-29-2022)

Quick Reply: Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?