Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2021 | 10:51 PM
Darkalley36
Racer

crap that’s my day as well!! I haven’t gotten a cancellation yet though.

Originally Posted by pw-sherman
I was informed today that my July 5th ED has been cancelled and the car can either be shipped to the dealership or PECLA instead.
Old 03-24-2021 | 12:07 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

I was informed today that my July 5th ED has been cancelled and the car can either be shipped to the dealership or PECLA instead.
Originally Posted by Darkalley36
crap that’s my day as well!! I haven’t gotten a cancellation yet though.
We should expect this sort of thing till COVID is properly under control globally. If it helps I had my European delivery cancelled last June and Porsche and my dealer handled it really well. Maybe in 2022...there will be pent up demand!
Old 03-24-2021 | 04:22 PM
pw-sherman
Instructor

Originally Posted by aggie57
We should expect this sort of thing till COVID is properly under control globally. If it helps I had my European delivery cancelled last June and Porsche and my dealer handled it really well. Maybe in 2022...there will be pent up demand!
Yeah mine got cancelled last year as well, so two years in a row now. I was hoping the proposed covid passport would've made travel feasible for this summer, but I am looking forward to getting the car a little earlier than expected.

I'll order a 2022 car as well and hope for Euro Delivery next summer, again.
Old 03-24-2021 | 06:22 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Yeah mine got cancelled last year as well, so two years in a row now. I was hoping the proposed covid passport would've made travel feasible for this summer, but I am looking forward to getting the car a little earlier than expected.

I'll order a 2022 car as well and hope for Euro Delivery next summer, again.
I was thinking the same, order for 2022 and see how that goes.
Old 03-25-2021 | 01:35 PM
Darkalley36
Racer

I did get a detailed response that essentially said no ED until after the summer close. I’m going w Atlanta!
Old 03-26-2021 | 12:48 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Darkalley36
I did get a detailed response that essentially said no ED until after the summer close. I’m going w Atlanta!
I would be interested in knowing more about your detailed response, was that from Porsche or your dealer? Did it detail the dates of the summer close? I am trying to guess/plan a September/October ED for a '22 Targa and that may provide me with better info than I have presently. Thanks!
Old 04-03-2021 | 12:46 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

I would not expect that European Delivery for Americans would start up again until 2022, given the slow roll-out of vaccinations in the EU and given the current shutdowns there, but clearly they expect ED to continue, as ED is still an option on the USA online configurator.
Old 04-08-2021 | 07:50 AM
disden
Drifting

I am getting GT3, checked Euro Delivery box and have signed all paperwork for a September delivery. US Citizen. I know it’s wishful thinking, but fingers crossed that increased vaccination rates and testing will allow travel again. I always do Euro Delivery, so not being able to it last summer with my GT4 was a bummer.
Old 04-08-2021 | 09:12 PM
BritinSF
Advanced

Originally Posted by disden
I am getting GT3, checked Euro Delivery box and have signed all paperwork for a September delivery. US Citizen. I know it’s wishful thinking, but fingers crossed that increased vaccination rates and testing will allow travel again. I always do Euro Delivery, so not being able to it last summer with my GT4 was a bummer.
I am a dual citizen, happy to go pick up your car if you are not able to. I will pay my own airfare, hotels and gas. Will even wash the car before dropping it off before heading to Munich for o’fest. Cheers!
The following users liked this post:
Monetthecat (04-08-2021)
Old 04-09-2021 | 09:34 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

^^ Same here :-)
Need to order one..
Old 04-09-2021 | 03:28 PM
disden
Drifting

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
^^ Same here :-)
Need to order one..
i was on fence, but couldn’t pass up early allocation. Keeping my Lizard RS which was a riot to drive at Spa back in 2018. quite a lot of track days scheduled for the few weeks I might be there, hoping it works out
Old 04-11-2021 | 07:23 PM
Belezar
Intermediate

I have a C4S cab on order for September delivery. We’re vaccinated, and hope things are chill in Germany by then. Really looking forward to it.
Old 04-13-2021 | 03:36 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Here is the latest from PCNA European Delivery Department (today). I truncated the back and forth emails but this is it:Good Afternoon,

We can add European Delivery, however, it’s currently unavailable until September. Resumption will depend on current covid lockdowns and travel restrictions, so I can’t give you a definite answer at this time. It’ll be a little more tricky. We can add it now and just remove it if Euro Delivery is canceled. That’s usually an easier option for us.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

I have a GT3 on order with a June build and US delivery in September. (see schedule below). It's scheduled to be Emden on July 2nd. I don't think there is anyway for me to get this via European Delivery. I wanted to do the Liepzig, Nurburgring, and SPA tracks. I don't think that is going to happen now. I'm a bit bummed since I've done two EDs with my first two Porsches.

Old 06-29-2021 | 05:57 PM
DUBLDOWN
7th Gear

Default European Deliveries are ON

Greetings, I can confirm European Deliveries are ON. PCNA has confirmed my 2022 718 Boxster GTS 4.0 delivery at the Zuffenhausen factory on September 9/26.

Germany is allowing fully vaccinated USA travelers to enter Germany.

Is anyone else planning a ED in late September?

Old 06-29-2021 | 07:11 PM
veblenesque
Rennlist Member

I'll be picking up my aventurine green 718 GTS 4.0 the following week on October 5th. Have you built a driving itinerary after you pick it up?

Quick Reply: Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?