Sponsored By:

2019 Cayenne Battery

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2023, 01:12 AM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 336 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by enzowhatever
Do you have any link for this information. I'm Chinese, I might be able to find this module.
Unluckily the guy is a Youtube user, but hasn't answer my request yet..

Attached is his info from Youtube, which he used to post..

The following users liked this post:
George718 (12-16-2023)
Old 12-18-2023, 03:31 PM
enzowhatever
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheACC
Unluckily the guy is a Youtube user, but hasn't answer my request yet..

Attached is his info from Youtube, which he used to post..

Hello,

I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you for a few days. I found the solution. There are two ways. It seems somebody already managed to program the car remotely, and all you need to buy is a Launch X431 C SMARTLINK and he can managed to program. But it seems the delay time from US to CHINA is around 200ms, it is very hard to do it. (It also seems I wasted 300dollars on the service and the device) device most of time is maybe 200ish dollars and service itself is 100. Another way is a module, the activation is from OBD module, but you can use it unlimited times. And you just need to bolt a small gadget on the car, and connect the positive and the LIN port. The OBD activation device and the module is 2200CNY, I just bought it and will update how it goes once I got it. It seems hundreds of Porsche already did the conversion, and there are many 911 owners also done that already.

The following 2 users liked this post by enzowhatever:
Palantir (12-18-2023), PorscheACC (12-19-2023)
Old 12-18-2023, 03:34 PM
enzowhatever
AutoX

And they said you just need to buy a 92Ah AGM battery, and if you need to replace new batteries, you just unbolt the gadget and bolt the gadget back, you don't have to do activation anymore.
Old 12-18-2023, 03:42 PM
Littlenzo
4th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chassis
@Littlenzo Thanks for your post! In which region of the world are you located?

Are you a DIYer or a commercial enterprise offering services?

Can you share detailed photos and description of the “fix” you referred to?

Or can you explain commercial arrangements if that would be the case?
Hello, I am a DIYer inToronto but also making some money with this BMS reprogramming service.
PorscheACC (12-19-2023)
Old 12-18-2023, 03:46 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,386 Likes on 1,017 Posts

What I am seeing here is an accessory LIN connector. The vehicle queries the battery via LIN and decides when and how much alternator charge to apply.

Another functionally identical solution is to buy a late 9Y0.1 negative battery cable with LIN connector for an AGM battery, and the AGM battery.

Both of the above solutions would void warranty, so either buy the POS battery or kiss the warranty goodbye by doing the mod. Or make the modification after warranty expiration.
Old 12-18-2023, 05:02 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 336 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by enzowhatever
Hello,

I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you for a few days. I found the solution. There are two ways. It seems somebody already managed to program the car remotely, and all you need to buy is a Launch X431 C SMARTLINK and he can managed to program. But it seems the delay time from US to CHINA is around 200ms, it is very hard to do it. (It also seems I wasted 300dollars on the service and the device) device most of time is maybe 200ish dollars and service itself is 100. Another way is a module, the activation is from OBD module, but you can use it unlimited times. And you just need to bolt a small gadget on the car, and connect the positive and the LIN port. The OBD activation device and the module is 2200CNY, I just bought it and will update how it goes once I got it. It seems hundreds of Porsche already did the conversion, and there are many 911 owners also done that already.

Great, thanks for the follow up..

It willI be great to get rid of that high failure Porsche 9Y0 LiFePO4 Lithium battery and be able to install an AGM one.

Let us know how it goes..
Old 12-18-2023, 07:54 PM
enzowhatever
AutoX

I actually really want to know what is the purpose of this LIN port. Because I personally think the alternator can decide how to charge the device with respect to the voltage. When we have the Lithium battery, the LIN is communicate with the chip at the top. I think the LIN port from AGM battery of the new cayenne might also just provide a dummy or fake signal. Otherwise what kind info can you get from that LIN cable if there is no processor or chip connected.
The following 2 users liked this post by enzowhatever:
chassis (12-18-2023), Palantir (12-18-2023)
Old 01-05-2024, 06:34 PM
TdotCayenne
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It's a shxxty battery period.

My battery last 30k on 2019 cayenne. Had to replace it for 4000 Canadian money. Can'tbe recharged or fixed. Shxxtest battery ever seen in my life

Last edited by TdotCayenne; 01-05-2024 at 06:35 PM.
George718 (01-05-2024)
Old 01-05-2024, 06:41 PM
beefchopper
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by TdotCayenne
My battery last 30k on 2019 cayenne. Had to replace it for 4000 Canadian money. Can'tbe recharged or fixed. Shxxtest battery ever seen in my life
Did they replace it with the same inexcusbly terrible battery (or one of the exact same type)? If they did is there any reason to expect anything but the same a few years down the road?
Old 01-05-2024, 06:45 PM
rjk25
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by beefchopper
Did they replace it with the same inexcusbly terrible battery (or one of the exact same type)? If they did is there any reason to expect anything but the same a few years down the road?
yea i would like to know a well... i have the yellow warning light everytime i start... I was hopeing they would have a fix , I would hate to have to replace the battery every 4 years
Old 01-05-2024, 07:01 PM
TdotCayenne
7th Gear

Originally Posted by beefchopper
yes they replaced in with the same battery and told me a bunch of bs said it won't happen again. Because there is no substitute replacement out there. My mechanic couldn't do it or try to skip the sensor on battery which will tickle all the lights on ur dash,and even couldn't get rid of it the yellow warning light. So the only way is at dealer.
Old 01-05-2024, 07:06 PM
rjk25
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Was your cayenne running fine just with the yellow warning or was it dead, mine still has no issue..
Old 01-05-2024, 07:14 PM
TdotCayenne
7th Gear

i went to mechanic check the voltage and also charged over a few hours everything seems fine. what i have noticed from when the car was brand new to now was the voltage meter changed, it was 12 or 13 some volts , to now the 14 something ( im still talking abt my old battery, the new one now shows 13.2 or upondown) .
so everything was running fine even the yellow light was on, but what i got understood was the Lit-therm battery can be dead in a second before you notice anything, so it would give a lot of trouble if i have to tow to the dealer. for that i decided to replace it. otherwise everything was fine .
Old 01-05-2024, 07:15 PM
TdotCayenne
7th Gear

Originally Posted by rjk25
Was your cayenne running fine just with the yellow warning or was it dead, mine still has no issue..
i went to mechanic check the voltage and also charged over a few hours everything seems fine. what i have noticed from when the car was brand new to now was the voltage meter changed, it was 12 or 13 some volts , to now the 14 something ( im still talking abt my old battery, the new one now shows 13.2 or upondown) .
so everything was running fine even the yellow light was on, but what i got understood was the Lit-therm battery can be dead in a second before you notice anything, so it would give a lot of trouble if i have to tow to the dealer. for that i decided to replace it. otherwise everything was fine .
Old 01-05-2024, 07:16 PM
beefchopper
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by TdotCayenne
yes they replaced in with the same battery and told me a bunch of bs said it won't happen again. Because there is no substitute replacement out there. My mechanic couldn't do it or try to skip the sensor on battery which will tickle all the lights on ur dash,and even couldn't get rid of it the yellow warning light. So the only way is at dealer.
Thanks

Quick Reply: 2019 Cayenne Battery