Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 08:58 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DWC in Sedona
Funny thing is how you can walk into any Ford, GMC or Ram dealer and buy a pickup powered by a diesel with minimal emission control systems because its titled as a truck. I have a neighbor with a Ram diesel that's 2-3 years old as his DD and it looks like a crop duster going up the street spewing soot...but a crop duster would be much quieter.
The 15 largest ships in the world emit as much nitrogen oxide and sulphur oxide as the world’s 760 million cars.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:49 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by DWC in Sedona
Funny thing is how you can walk into any Ford, GMC or Ram dealer and buy a pickup powered by a diesel with minimal emission control systems because its titled as a truck. I have a neighbor with a Ram diesel that's 2-3 years old as his DD and it looks like a crop duster going up the street spewing soot...but a crop duster would be much quieter.
Then your neighbor has chipped his engine. I've got a 2003 Ram diesel that's stock and unless I'm a WOT, there is little you can see coming out the pipe. It still stinks like a diesel, but nothing visible under normal ops.

Many chips overfuel and the black smoke you see is actually unburned fuel blowing out the pipe. I've never understood why it's "cool" to spew that smoke, but too many think it is.

Originally Posted by DC640
tried to go check out cayenne diesel today for my wife. Dealer said none available to see (as well as Macans) . All stored away in the warehouse away from public. No order, no delivery, can't touch them.
Why Macans? Have the diesels started showing up already? Didn't think that was supposed to happen until early next year?
Old 11-06-2015, 10:06 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
Why Macans? Have the diesels started showing up already? Didn't think that was supposed to happen until early next year?
There is a fuel line issue I believe. Whatever the reason, there is a stop sale on them too right now, but it's unrelated to the diesel hoopla.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:31 PM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gnat
There is a fuel line issue I believe. Whatever the reason, there is a stop sale on them too right now, but it's unrelated to the diesel hoopla.
That is correct.. fuel line recall for Macan....
Old 11-07-2015, 12:18 AM
flyfisher
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Today I received an email from PCNA addressing the issue. Anybody else get one?

"Earlier this week the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) informed us that it believes Auxiliary Emission Control Device software was installed in vehicles with V6 TDI diesel engines, which had not been adequately described in the certification process.

Volkswagen AG, as our group parent, has assured us that it is working intensively to clarify and resolve this matter as soon as possible, and that it will cooperate fully with the EPA to completely clarify the issue. In the meantime, we can assure you that your Porsche Cayenne Diesel is technically safe and roadworthy.

Porsche remains committed to providing you with the world’s best sports cars and to keeping you and the public informed. During the ongoing investigation, we hope we may ask for your patience. We apologize for any concern or inconvenience this causes you."

Sincerely,

Klaus Zellmer
President and Chief Executive Officer
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:50 AM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by flyfisher
Today I received an email from PCNA addressing the issue. Anybody else get one?

"Earlier this week the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) informed us that it believes Auxiliary Emission Control Device software was installed in vehicles with V6 TDI diesel engines, which had not been adequately described in the certification process.

Volkswagen AG, as our group parent, has assured us that it is working intensively to clarify and resolve this matter as soon as possible, and that it will cooperate fully with the EPA to completely clarify the issue. In the meantime, we can assure you that your Porsche Cayenne Diesel is technically safe and roadworthy.

Porsche remains committed to providing you with the world’s best sports cars and to keeping you and the public informed. During the ongoing investigation, we hope we may ask for your patience. We apologize for any concern or inconvenience this causes you."

Sincerely,

Klaus Zellmer
I also received this email.

So here is what Klaus' POS email says:
1. We screwed up the certification
2, Someone else is trying to fix it.
3. We have no idea how long it is going to take to resolve this.
4. Sorry.

Imagine going to your boss, shareholders, customers with that letter.

Your email didn't help at all Klaus, as a matter of fact, it reduces my confidence in your organization.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:12 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by JRoach
Just saw this: http://www.businessinsider.com/porsc...diesel-2015-11 Stop Sale was issued for Cayenne's. MDROBC1213, I would love to hear from you (or anybody else that has ordered a diesel) if your car is still on track or if they have delayed delivery.
Dealer has offered to let us wait to get this sorted out, take delivery of another Cayenne, refund our deposit or order another car of our choice. Wasn't clear if our car currently 3 weeks out could be delivered still or not. 😡. Wonder what I others are seeing?
Old 11-07-2015, 12:36 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,581 Likes on 1,604 Posts

Just received this email (see below). I'm hoping this is the bottom and we can look forward to moving on without any changes to our cars.

------------------------------------ original email ----------------------------

Earlier this week the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) informed us that it believes Auxiliary Emission Control Device software was installed in vehicles with V6 TDI diesel engines, which had not been adequately described in the certification process.

Porsche remains committed to providing you with the world’s best sports cars and to keeping you and the public informed. During the ongoing investigation, we hope we may ask for your patience. We apologize for any concern or inconvenience this causes you.

Sincerely,

Klaus Zellmer
Yeah, got the same thing. If anything, it makes me feel worse, since they don't admit to anything. Just blowing smoke.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:37 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,581 Likes on 1,604 Posts

Originally Posted by DC640
tried to go check out cayenne diesel today for my wife. Dealer said none available to see (as well as Macans) . All stored away in the warehouse away from public. No order, no delivery, can't touch them.
Yes, there is a stop sale.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:45 PM
JRoach
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

This goes back a few post ago...will the short term price of Cayenne Diesels go up?

FYI, I have a MY15 (the 4 light LED in the front), pretty well loaded, white exterior, red interior.... any offers (smile)?

I'll sell it for 10% over what we paid (inc taxes).
Old 11-07-2015, 01:12 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

This goes back a few post ago...will the short term price of Cayenne Diesels go up?

FYI, I have a MY15 (the 4 light LED in the front), pretty well loaded, white exterior, red interior.... any offers (smile)?

I'll sell it for 10% over what we paid (inc taxes).

This is the game of "I know, you know, I know." All over the news. Dealer won't take it. So only willing buyers are the bottom feeders. Good luck.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:09 PM
snzuloz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got this email:

Earlier this week the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) informed Porsche Cars North America, Inc. that it believes Auxiliary Emission Control Device software was installed in vehicles with V6 TDI diesel engines, which had not been adequately described in the certification process.

Porsche remains committed to providing you with the world’s best sports cars and to keeping you and the public informed. During the ongoing investigation, we hope we may ask for your patience. We apologize for any concern or inconvenience this causes you.

Sincerely,

Alexander Pollich
Porsche Cars Canada, Ltd.

looks familiar...copy paste and change the name...

hopefully they resolve this crap soon!
Old 11-16-2015, 03:36 PM
ddeliber
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all, been lurking a while here and this is my first post. I am considering a CD - from my test drives it is an awesome vehicle. However, this emissions baloney is making things difficult. To be honest, I am not really concerned about the pollution but rather the stop sale, and to a lesser extent resale impact. Has anyone heard anything about this situation? It has been about 2 weeks since the stop sale announcement and I really haven't heard anything since (beyond what is posted in this thread).
Old 11-16-2015, 07:46 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

only thing I have seen is that earlier today I noticed you cant build one on the Porsche website
Old 11-17-2015, 12:47 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 451 Posts

Still waiting...any news anyone? My diesel looks to be about 2-3 days out from Port now. So close..

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue