Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 02:13 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by illtww
If someone was to purchase a 1 owner used Cayenne 2013 (under factory warranty still) this month would that 6/100,000 be extended to them from PCNA?
I would expect so. Both the factory and CPO warranties are transferable and I don't expect this to be treated different than either of those.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:06 PM
illtww
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I am gathering also.... I don't think that theses Diesels are "hot sellers" for the dealers right now..... So should be some bargaining room.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:59 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Extended warranty

Is the extended warranty like a CPO or just an extended power train warranty. I thought it was like a CPO but a current owner says it's only a power train warranty.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:54 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 344 Posts

Nice for the ext. warranty. would be nice if VW did the same thing instead of a lousy gift card.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:27 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,151 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by illtww
If someone was to purchase a 1 owner used Cayenne 2013 (under factory warranty still) this month would that 6/100,000 be extended to them from PCNA?
Straight from the horses mouth - yes. I inquired at the friendly local P dealer about one they had. They hadn't heard about the extended warranty offer, but the Porsche reps visited them today and they asked. The reply was - yes, it might take a month or so to receive the documentation, but yes - it would be covered.

Which is one reason I'm looking for a 2013 myself..
Old 01-16-2016, 12:29 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by B.Kish
Is the extended warranty like a CPO or just an extended power train warranty. I thought it was like a CPO but a current owner says it's only a power train warranty.
READ the letter from the top cheese at Porche US - it gives a link right to the CPO warranty. It doesn't cover tires, wiper blades, the usual "wear" items - but other then that..
Old 01-16-2016, 12:31 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
Not one word about how this will change performance or fuel economy. How about putting the fix in front of their customers for approval in addition to the EPA.
You're kidding right?
Old 01-16-2016, 05:12 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 304 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
You're kidding right?
Wishful thinking.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:56 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

So, here's something weird.

I contacted a Porsche dealer about a CD they listed on eBay. He said that dealer cars are not part of the goodwill extended warranty. In fact, he said Porsche will not allow them to CPO or extend the warranty in any way. The only way to extend is with aftermarket on a CD. If I was a dealer I'd be pissed. He quoted $4600 for an aftermarket warranty similar to the Porsche extended warranty, essentially making his car that much more expensive than private party cars. I suggested it's gonna be hard for them to compete with private party cars with that kind of disparity. He agreed.

Looks like I'll shift my focus to private party cars only.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:05 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

So, here's something weird.

I contacted a Porsche dealer about a CD they listed on eBay. He said that dealer cars are not part of the goodwill extended warranty. In fact, he said Porsche will not allow them to CPO or extend the warranty in any way. The only way to extend is with aftermarket on a CD. If I was a dealer I'd be pissed. He quoted $4600 for an aftermarket warranty similar to the Porsche extended warranty, essentially making his car that much more expensive than private party cars. I suggested it's gonna be hard for them to compete with private party cars with that kind of disparity. He agreed.

Looks like I'll shift my focus to private party cars only.
That is weird. It makes no sense whatsoever; dealers are going to get stuck with those program cars, which will sour relationships between PCNA and their network of dealers.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:21 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Agree, it makes no sense. I don't see he'd have any reason to lie. I don't see how telling me a story like that to get $4600 makes sense either.

Seems like Porsche doesn't care as much about the dealers. What are they gonna do, give up a franchise of the most profitable car company on earth? Doubtful.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:21 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

I'd call PCNA and report that dealer if I were you as they are most assuredly trying to scam potential buyers.

If it was an otherwise CPO appropriate car, it could be CPO'd. I also doubt that any diesel sold prior to the fix being applied will not qualify for the goodwill coverage.

What seems far more likely is that they know things are muddy right now so they are using that and the associated fear to try to sell extended warranties. Extended warranties are very lucrative for car dealers.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:22 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by gnat
Extended warranties are very lucrative for car dealers.
There is that....
Old 01-16-2016, 10:22 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

It seems extraordinarily weird.

The car was a service loaner only, never sold out of the dealership so it should be an easy CPO.

There are a lot of cars out there so it's not worth fussing over. Though it was the wife's favorite of those we looked at.......

Originally Posted by gnat
I'd call PCNA and report that dealer if I were you as they are most assuredly trying to scam potential buyers.

If it was an otherwise CPO appropriate car, it could be CPO'd. I also doubt that any diesel sold prior to the fix being applied will not qualify for the goodwill coverage.

What seems far more likely is that they know things are muddy right now so they are using that and the associated fear to try to sell extended warranties. Extended warranties are very lucrative for car dealers.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:50 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

It seems extraordinarily weird. The car was a service loaner only, never sold out of the dealership so it should be an easy CPO. There are a lot of cars out there so it's not worth fussing over. Though it was the wife's favorite of those we looked at.......
If you aren't interested, then please PM me the link to the car and I'll see if they give me the same line. While you are smart enough to walk away, someone else won't be and they are unfairly taking advantage of the situation as well as potentially damaging the brand. Just look at this thread for all the "what about the extended warranty I paid for" questions.

PCNA should be aware of it, then it's on them to deal with if they feel appropriate.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue