Sponsored By:

Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 08:58 AM
9000RPM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by sterod
Ok, the value I am trying to change in English would be "Max Boost Pressure / Boost Pressure Sport" and it would likely be set to 1.2 BAR from the factory. The reason I am trying to change this is because with the COBB Stage 1 map, it raises the boost pressure to 1.6 BAR but the MFD maxxes out at 1.2 unless it is re-coded.

I'll look at it today after work. I don't have a turbo so I'm not sure if this coding option will be listed. I'll report back.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:54 AM
bfly
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd like to know if it is possible to change the behavior of the rear lid on a '11 to match that of a '14 or newer. You only close the rear lid on a '11 by using the buttons on the lid itself.
The following 2 users liked this post by bfly:
anth914 (01-16-2020), imalek (12-29-2020)
Old 09-11-2019, 10:14 AM
dbonds
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 9000RPM
(maybe look into the audio volume reset to a low level at startup? or do not default to radio at all, it freaks me out sometimes)
THIS. When I'm listening to AUX Bluetooth and have to turn it up because the input level is lower from the phone, then it switches back to radio after next restart. LOUD. :-)

You're giving me a reason to dust off my iCarScan, get it updated, and see if I can do some of these with it.
The following users liked this post:
s4for5 (08-14-2022)
Old 09-11-2019, 10:24 AM
BrewDude
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts

I vote to make this a sticky.

Also going to try this with PoCOM when I get a chance. I am able to change coding values but the menu structure is going to be a little different compared to iCarScan.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:40 AM
hotrod2448
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by BrewDude

Also going to try this with PoCOM when I get a chance. I am able to change coding values but the menu structure is going to be a little different compared to iCarScan.
Great thread, I second making this a sticky.

I might be missing the boat here but, why do people keep mentioning iCarScan? 9000RPM is doing this with a Launch X431+. I'm assuming the iCarScan and it do not have the same feature sets. They are definitely in a different price point based on what I'm seeing. Do they run the same software or something?
The following 4 users liked this post by hotrod2448:
bihi (03-18-2021), clorigo (09-12-2019), Mirrorslap (09-11-2019), Overlook637 (03-18-2024)
Old 09-11-2019, 01:40 PM
9000RPM
Racer

Originally Posted by bfly
I'd like to know if it is possible to change the behavior of the rear lid on a '11 to match that of a '14 or newer. You only close the rear lid on a '11 by using the buttons on the lid itself.
Are you saying that when you hold down the button on the driver's door, it won't close? And if you hold down the tailgate button on the keyfob, it also won't close?

Originally Posted by dbonds
THIS. When I'm listening to AUX Bluetooth and have to turn it up because the input level is lower from the phone, then it switches back to radio after next restart. LOUD. :-)

You're giving me a reason to dust off my iCarScan, get it updated, and see if I can do some of these with it.
I need to find my post in that thread asking about coding for the latest version in iCarScan...give me some time to find it.

edit..see this link

Originally Posted by BrewDude

Yes, please connect PoCOM and see if it's able. I'm just spreading the word and the more options available to us, the better.

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
Great thread, I second making this a sticky.

I might be missing the boat here but, why do people keep mentioning iCarScan? 9000RPM is doing this with a Launch X431+. I'm assuming the iCarScan and it do not have the same feature sets. They are definitely in a different price point based on what I'm seeing. Do they run the same software or something?
So I was the first one to test out the iCarScan back in 2015 when I was looking for a tool to reset the maintenance light. From my research, both tools are made by LAUNCH. At the time, they were said to have identical capabilities except that iCarScan limits to 5 free car brands with availability to purchase more. My iCarScan Porsche version is stuck on 21.80. The latest version is now up to 23.60 on my V+. I'll try to find my post asking in the icarscan thread about the coding, I believe a couple users reported back saying it was there. see this link
Old 09-11-2019, 01:49 PM
bfly
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you saying that when you hold down the button on the driver's door, it won't close? And if you hold down the tailgate button on the keyfob, it also won't close?
Exactly. They changed the behavior in '14.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:51 PM
9000RPM
Racer

Originally Posted by bfly
Exactly. They changed the behavior in '14.
I'll see if I can find that option.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:35 PM
gabylonfive
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

gabylonfive, I poked around in the Park Assist module. I don't have the surround camera but I believe you can adjust the setting. This was for the rear view camera I believe.
nice!! thanks for taking a look! I think I may go with one of these instead of a PIWIS if the coding is as intuitive as it looks. from my understanding, coding with the piwis clones is done through menus entirely in german (while my german is decent after coding BMWs I don't feel like going in blind on a far more expensive vehicle.)

Not quite coding related - but do you know if this scanner will also support flush and adaptation routines for the e-hybrid (958.2, 2016) electric motor clutch? this was the main reason I was going to get the PIWIS as the other scanners on the market are not able to do this. If this can, i'll be ordering one today.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:51 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by gabylonfive
nice!! thanks for taking a look! I think I may go with one of these instead of a PIWIS if the coding is as intuitive as it looks. from my understanding, coding with the piwis clones is done through menus entirely in german (while my german is decent after coding BMWs I don't feel like going in blind on a far more expensive vehicle.)
I was thinking real hard about pulling the trigger on a boot leg piwis. Now I'm changing my mind. Although it costs quite a bit more than a piwis.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:52 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

Is there coding for "closing" the trunk lid with the key fob?
Old 09-11-2019, 03:05 PM
Sudar
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
Is there coding for "closing" the trunk lid with the key fob?
+1 on this. Also please check automatic headlights sensitivity
Old 09-11-2019, 03:26 PM
gabylonfive
Advanced

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
I was thinking real hard about pulling the trigger on a boot leg piwis. Now I'm changing my mind. Although it costs quite a bit more than a piwis.
same here. I thought about it for a few minutes and just decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on the launch tablet that OP is using. while it's a little bit more than a piwis II clone, I feel better about this for a few reasons:

- purchase through amazon prime, can return easily if it sucks or doesn't do what I need it to do.
- NOT buying it from a sketch overseas reseller (i've purchased some coding gear from some of these sites and it's been hit or miss.)
- I already know that coding with a piwis clone is going to be a pita since dev mode is completely in german and there is almost no documentation for menu structures of individual modules. i've inquired about support of some simple coding changes and i've gotten answers ranging from "it can do it but will require a teamviewer session" to "not possible."
- multi-make support.

looks like my tablet will get here Friday, i'll be diving in as soon as it gets here . can't wait!

Last edited by gabylonfive; 09-11-2019 at 05:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mirrorslap (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 03:54 PM
Sudar
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

BMW coding was pretty much free )) only needed a $20 cable, same with Lexus

OP said iCarScan might actually do the same. Anyone with new software can check? Unfortunately this one is not available on Amazon and some overseas seller hasn't responded to my questions
Old 09-11-2019, 05:14 PM
gabylonfive
Advanced

Lets discuss all coding related in this thread. I don't want to clutter the forum with a thread every time I post a coding tutorial. I will move the 2 guides I've already posted to here. I've been playing around with my x431 V+ everyday, trying to figure out all the hidden features. There are a TON of customization we can do on the Porsche cars, even more than BMW. Let's share our findings!!!

I will update this table of contents so it will be easier as this thread grows.

Turning off the seatbelt chime and warning
Change the number of flashes for one touch
Mirror auto retract and center vents colder
Windows up/down via your keyfob
Use LED bulbs in sidemarker
Battery coding
Turn off the tailgate sound when opening/closing
Auto retract the rear window shades when in reverse
Use LED bulbs for the license plate lights
Teardrop wipe for your wipers
Cornering light coding options
Adjust ringtone volume

Don, please correct the title
another vote to make this a sticky!
The following 2 users liked this post by gabylonfive:
clorigo (09-12-2019), John Young (10-21-2019)

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion