Sponsored By:

Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 10:57 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 350 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by 9000RPM
I only coded in the rear end electronics module. You saying this option is also located in the instrument cluster module and I need to code it there as well?
It is in the instrument cluster module and I coded it. It shows up on the pcm and mfd and I have them checked but still doesn't work. I can't get the code to stick to yes in the rear electronics. We must be missing something.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:01 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

I still can't figure out how you got these to show up in the mfd. I thought for sure I coded them. I don't even have a field 1 menu line.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:02 PM
sterod
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I couldn't find these either on my 2018 Macan S. The upper line on mine can't be anything other than the fuel range, and while I can unlock the G-Force menu display in the scope, but there are no entries to add the accel and decel G's as lines in the Settings scope.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:27 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
so no go on the trailer module with this tool? I have a module installed, but its not working properly. 9000rpm, if you are able to do stuff with the towing, I may stop by princeton (on a sunday ) if you wouldn't mind.
The x.431 I borrowed couldn't connect to the tow module I installed a while back. I. Going to try the PIWIS2 once again at some point to ensure it still works. In other news, if you go to cluster programming, there is a selection that can be enabled for the trailer light on the dash.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:50 AM
Mirrorslap
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I just noticed this price drop on Amazon.

Amazon Amazon
Old 10-11-2019, 01:47 PM
danielcooper9
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Have any of you who have bought the x431 from amazon or ebay had any problems with service? Launch Tech USA makes a big deal about those units sold on Amazon etc. are "overseas models" and not supported by the official tech support for the US. This is copied from the email i received from Launch as I was researching models

"All of the above information is for tools supported by Launch Tech USA, we do not sell direct, online from eBay or Amazon. Should you buy a tool that way it will be for an overseas model not supported by us. What that means is if you needed a software update, the tool needed a repair for some reason or you wanted information about the tool we would not be able to help you as the the software is written differently for each region our company serves. You would have to contact whoever sold it to you for support. In addition the tools will never work well on US spec vehicles as the tools from overseas were not designed to work with US vehicles. To find an authorized dealer go to launchtechusa.com and look under distributors to get a genuine US spec"

Very confusing to keep all of these different models straight and what the differences are. I see now amazon lists the V+ which replaces/updates the v Pro and is $1,000 vs. the $735 price linked above. But I still can't find what the difference is.

Old 10-11-2019, 03:54 PM
Mirrorslap
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by danielcooper9
Have any of you who have bought the x431 from amazon or ebay had any problems with service? Launch Tech USA makes a big deal about those units sold on Amazon etc. are "overseas models" and not supported by the official tech support for the US. This is copied from the email i received from Launch as I was researching models

"All of the above information is for tools supported by Launch Tech USA, we do not sell direct, online from eBay or Amazon. Should you buy a tool that way it will be for an overseas model not supported by us. What that means is if you needed a software update, the tool needed a repair for some reason or you wanted information about the tool we would not be able to help you as the the software is written differently for each region our company serves. You would have to contact whoever sold it to you for support. In addition the tools will never work well on US spec vehicles as the tools from overseas were not designed to work with US vehicles. To find an authorized dealer go to launchtechusa.com and look under distributors to get a genuine US spec"

Very confusing to keep all of these different models straight and what the differences are. I see now amazon lists the V+ which replaces/updates the v Pro and is $1,000 vs. the $735 price linked above. But I still can't find what the difference is.
I believe the V+ includes the ability to code trucks. I bought off amazon and have had no problems, and haven't needed service. I emailed Launch in china about the differences in all the models, wondering if one had a better spec'd tablet, they said they where all the same. They are pretty sluggish compared to a modern iPhone or iPad but do the job. I do like the larger screen, being a noob at this coding stuff, aiming for a small button that might tweak a setting wrong had me nervous a few times. I got the Mini which is in between, wish I had gotten that current amazon deal on the bigger one....
Old 10-11-2019, 04:21 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

I bought the x431 v+ on Amazon and have had zero problems. I decided on the tablet for the bigger screen for these older eyes. The activation was painless and automatic. I didn't have to email anyone for activation code. I was downloading updates within 5 minutes. Very happy with purchase. It's a big chunk of money and I was really apprehensive because of the different models /manufacturers. But took the leap of faith and glad I did.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:49 AM
marinerbc
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Same here

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
I bought the x431 v+ on Amazon and have had zero problems. I decided on the tablet for the bigger screen for these older eyes. The activation was painless and automatic. I didn't have to email anyone for activation code. I was downloading updates within 5 minutes. Very happy with purchase. It's a big chunk of money and I was really apprehensive because of the different models /manufacturers. But took the leap of faith and glad I did.

Just received mine
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B078Z7Q5LY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B078Z7Q5LY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
activated in no time, downloaded and installed latest software in no time. also the firmware of the OBD II module.
Old 10-12-2019, 04:03 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by marinerbc
Just received mine https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
activated in no time, downloaded and installed latest software in no time. also the firmware of the OBD II module.
How did you update the firmware on the obd2 module?
Old 10-12-2019, 06:05 PM
marinerbc
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

How did you update the firmware on the obd2 module?
it was not deliberate though,
what i did after activation and software update completed for the tab., left the WiFi running
did plug in the module to the OBD II, started the Bluetooth in the tab. settings once it recognized the module
selected VIN auto recognition and once confirmed the selection a pop up came up to download a newer firmware i think the versions something like this
11.6x to 11.7x
Old 10-13-2019, 03:05 AM
pdt6974
AutoX

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

I recently purchased the Autel MS908 (very pricy but made the plunge because it has software for every vehicle made) and have just begun playing around with it. I can confirm that it will code the MY2019 911 as I was able to activate the comfort window opening and closing. I was also able to run active tests on several modules. I will really dig into it after studying this thread. Open to any advice or suggestions on things to attempt.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:44 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

battery coding

I know there has been a lot of discussion of battery coding and that no one can get the iCarScan to work with it. Maybe we've been using it wrong the entire time. Instead of going into Special Functions, we need to go to the Gateway module and coding option. My battery is a little over 5 years old, so I'll be changing it soon and I bet this method will work. I'll report back!

Thanks for the information. I wonder if anyone has actually been able to input a non-Porsche battery info into the system. I was checking other threads that pointed you have to enter Porsche specific battery part number and serial number (which can be any). The way you are demonstrating is that the tool can enter non-Porsche battery information. Has this been actually verified?
The following users liked this post:
bryangroover (03-05-2021)
Old 10-14-2019, 07:26 PM
9000RPM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

I still can't figure out how you got these to show up in the mfd. I thought for sure I coded them. I don't even have a field 1 menu line.

Sorry guys. I've been kinda busy lately. Will try to get some screenshots.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:57 AM
tigercay16
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi,

Amazing thread, should be made a sticky.
I'm based in the U.K and will collect my 2016 Cayenne 3.0 Diesel tomorrow and this thread will be printed and worked through for my vehicle.
Some truly amazing things here.

What would be good would be to create a thread of a list of devices that do work with coding, though again this will be difficult to make, then maybe a link to that
thread on here? maybe others know a better way to achieve this. Can anyone help with the cheapest device that can do the coding features?

i'm sure some people will want to buy a device but the X431 you mention costs £1500 in the U.K which is quite a lot. I wouldn't mind spending £500.
I think I have seen some software that you can purchase reasonably cheap which you install on a tablet but I could be wrong as I have done little research into this.
I do know a company in London that does this, not sure if i can mention the name on this forum, but can if this is allowed. Not sure how much they charge but they
have been around for many years and deal with high end cars. They are not cheap, especially being based in a huge building in Park Royal, London but they really
are the best and very polite and kind people and can do anything with cars if it is possible.
I will be paying them a visit next week so will hope to have my features / coding done there.
I will also try to find out if they know of any other devices which can do this and report here.

I would be happy to offer this service if I buy a device. Due to the cost of the device I would think of charging a small fee of say £50 for people who want
to come to me and use the device. Your thoughts on this would be great. I'm not trying to make money, just pay for the device. If you have paid me to use the device
I would let you come and make say 2 or 3 changes / uses of the device in 1 year. After the device is paid for, i'd be happy to charge a nominal fee of say £10 or £15.

Is there anyone else in the U.K that does this? If I do this, when the device is paid for, then maybe someone else can also offer this to get a device and I will stop.
Would be nice to have a few people in major cities here offering this service.

I have not read the whole thread so apologise if what I am saying is nonsense!

I am happy to share the name of the company in London that can do this. It shouldn't be too hard to work out also!
I will ask how much they charge and report back here, if not much then pointless me buying a device, but time is money for businesses.

thank you so much for this thread.

tigercay16

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion