Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your 958 today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2023, 09:24 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 350 Likes on 244 Posts

I thought I had a picture of mine where I put the rtv but I don't. If I remember correctly I just put a squirt in between two of the fingers.

The following 2 users liked this post by twodollardoug:
kvec (07-06-2023), porsches4ed (07-05-2023)
Old 07-08-2023, 07:07 PM
FormerRotor
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Second Hand “Fix” (Almost)

Got within 0.04mm of a permanent direct-fit metal hand solution for the notorious second hand issue. This will fit with a tiny bit of adhesive (or wax from your kid’s braces ), but shooting for perfection.

Hoping to have an exact replacement option for everyone by next weekend: https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...-diameter.html

Fully-functioning metal second hand replacement for Cayenne/Panamera dash clock
The following 4 users liked this post by FormerRotor:
bobbyp (07-08-2023), HWDLND (10-10-2023), Mirrorslap (07-08-2023), porsches4ed (07-09-2023)
Old 07-09-2023, 12:45 AM
Subartender
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by porsches4ed
I added the remote control module. Found it on AliExpress very easy to install and works great.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $57.60 52% Off | Trunk Close Remote Control for Porsche Cayenne Macan Panamera Key Control Electric Tail Switch Module

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msoF2Iy
Thanks for sharing this. I just installed it today. The main reason for me to get it is the hatch close and the lock fold mirror function. My hatch button didn't work the first time so I unplugged everything and replug and everything seems to work now.

I also did my transfer case fluid change. I called the dealer that the car was service for 9 years back in October and I was told the transfer case was replaced in 2018 so I think it's time to get it changed. I have been pushing it off due to not having a torque wrench that goes to 12 ft-lb. So today I finally decide to do it without worrying about the torque spec. I marked the bolt with a sharpie and just spin the bolt 3 times to get it off. Put it back on with high temp sealant and spins the plug 3-4 times to get it align with the mark. It feels snug and no fluid was leaking. Took it out for a test drive and so far no leak. My butt is telling me the second to third feel a little smoother. Will be sending the fluid to Blackstone for analysis.

Last edited by Subartender; 07-09-2023 at 12:48 AM.
The following users liked this post:
porsches4ed (07-09-2023)
Old 07-09-2023, 08:50 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,413 Likes on 816 Posts

Originally Posted by Subartender
Thanks for sharing this. I just installed it today. The main reason for me to get it is the hatch close and the lock fold mirror function. My hatch button didn't work the first time so I unplugged everything and replug and everything seems to work now.

I also did my transfer case fluid change. I called the dealer that the car was service for 9 years back in October and I was told the transfer case was replaced in 2018 so I think it's time to get it changed. I have been pushing it off due to not having a torque wrench that goes to 12 ft-lb. So today I finally decide to do it without worrying about the torque spec. I marked the bolt with a sharpie and just spin the bolt 3 times to get it off. Put it back on with high temp sealant and spins the plug 3-4 times to get it align with the mark. It feels snug and no fluid was leaking. Took it out for a test drive and so far no leak. My butt is telling me the second to third feel a little smoother. Will be sending the fluid to Blackstone for analysis.
Anyone else have that module? The trunk close from remote feature would be nice
Old 07-09-2023, 04:46 PM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 106 Posts

Pulled the OEM headliner and trim pieces. Both for the AliExpress kessy module refit, but also because I sourced Alcantara everything.

Alcantara sunscreen swapped in.

Nice and loud...

Anyone need black OEM panels? I have them.
Old 07-09-2023, 05:03 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 747 Likes on 536 Posts

@Davebrossi Alcantara is such a sweet upgrade. I did that on my allroad years ago. Also swapped out the stock piece of sound deadening cardboard (seriously) for some DynaMat.

I'm half tempted to do the same...already have a pair of visors...but I know how many parts are involved and how much work it is.

Did you find a donor car? That's what I did with my allroad...I had access to an S6 avant being parted and pulled most of the interior - sport seats, door cards, headliner, all the pillar pieces, etc.

Last edited by lml999; 07-09-2023 at 06:22 PM.
jayi836 (07-11-2023)
Old 07-09-2023, 06:47 PM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

... no i had to source it all separately. But I'd had my eyes on all the panels needed since about February. The headliner was the most spendy/difficult to source. Most of the panels have fiberglass insulation/sound deadening. Without it, the car's like an oven and lots of outside noise. C-pillars were a pain since you temporarily have to remove the rear seats to get to the bolts for the belts. The wiring harness in the headliner is interesting in that it was glued in place. Installing the replacement will be interesting. Also the sun visors were... Not as clean as the other items. Normally I don't care about the airbag caution stickers but they were half black... So off they came.
Old 07-09-2023, 07:03 PM
porsches4ed
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Had a nail or some sharp object in my car so got that fixed

some type of hollow metal tube

Old 07-09-2023, 07:07 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Davebrossi
... no i had to source it all separately. But I'd had my eyes on all the panels needed since about February. The headliner was the most spendy/difficult to source. Most of the panels have fiberglass insulation/sound deadening. Without it, the car's like an oven and lots of outside noise. C-pillars were a pain since you temporarily have to remove the rear seats to get to the bolts for the belts. The wiring harness in the headliner is interesting in that it was glued in place. Installing the replacement will be interesting. Also the sun visors were... Not as clean as the other items. Normally I don't care about the airbag caution stickers but they were half black... So off they came.
Nice... That's a big project.
Old 07-09-2023, 07:11 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Had a nail or some sharp object in my car so got that fixed

some type of hollow metal tube

That sucks. I noticed a half grinded off screw in one my tires last week. Luckily it went at an angle and didn't puncture. My tires still have more than half of their life left.
Old 07-10-2023, 10:00 AM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Headliner is due in today, I'll need to slot in the factory upgraded cabin lights and glue cabling in place.

My AliExpress remote kit should be here any day now... Ordered a prepaid 4G sim card so I can the whole app control deal .. then discovered a key is required to be soldered into a module.

Since the vehicle came with one key only (PCM 3.1 records there only being one key tied to the car) I scheduled out another six hour round trip to SLC for August. Not looking forward to the price. But I also wont screw up the only key i have. So I'll be mounting the aftermarket KESSY antennas and routing their cables, then reassembling the interior. Sadly I could not find a convenient thread here where I supply a key and get it programmed in some other way. At least I'll have the new headlights by then? Maybe?
Old 07-10-2023, 08:14 PM
oz968
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

yes I purchased the wheel caps and even the dealer couldn’t tell. I put them on and I didn’t care about the bottom pointing to the valve stem and they told me the other dealer didn’t install them correctly.

Can you send me the link to the caps you have pictured from ETSY - GillMotors...I cannot find that colour combo.
Thanks
Peter
Old 07-10-2023, 08:17 PM
RS-America
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 100 Posts

Introduced 'Otis' to his new to-be stable mate Chelsea Tractor
Hoping to get our Ineos Grenadier later this year. Photo is from an off-road driving event Ineos held. Have never been this excited for the arrival of any of our P-cars. Not sure if 'Otis' will get to stay after Chelsea Tractor arrives.

Al Faromeo (07-11-2023)
Old 07-11-2023, 02:49 AM
porsches4ed
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by oz968
Can you send me the link to the caps you have pictured from ETSY - GillMotors...I cannot find that colour combo.
Thanks
Peter
send the seller a message. Possibly just out of black with silver crest.

Old 07-11-2023, 09:12 AM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Davebrossi
Pulled the OEM headliner and trim pieces. Both for the AliExpress kessy module refit, but also because I sourced Alcantara everything.

Alcantara sunscreen swapped in.

Nice and loud...

Anyone need black OEM panels? I have them.
What panels?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 958 today?