Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your 958 today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 02:13 PM
virkdoc
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Also installed the pockets....my interior is brown so black is the closest i could find. They have a cool rubber porsche badging on the inside.

Old 01-25-2022, 02:16 AM
DeusExMaxima
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts

Ordered red pockets for my beige interior. Should be here Wednesday.
Old 01-25-2022, 09:55 PM
Atrokz
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Installed engine and control arm skids. Have some gas tank skids to install next. Also ordered the oem subframe guards to keep it all protected in gravel.

got a bit of snow so a good opportunity to try and get stuck.
The following users liked this post:
aforestoftrees (02-02-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 03:47 PM
offroadfun
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by papb
So I bought the "oh s*** handle" pockets that people have been posting about. Same ones from amazon. They aren't huge but great for a wallet or cell phone (cellphone flying around when cupholders were in use was driving me nuts).

One weird thing is the passenger side pocket doesn't fit snug (driver side does). As far as I can tell, it isn't misshapen, but I wouldn't be surprised given how inexpensive they are. Maybe my passenger side handle is slightly off??? How has everyone else's fit been?
Got the same ones as well and the passenger side is not as snug as the drivers side either. Must be a design flaw.
Old 01-26-2022, 04:39 PM
papb
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by offroadfun
Got the same ones as well and the passenger side is not as snug as the drivers side either. Must be a design flaw.
So I just realized I ordered a similar but different brand than everyone else.

I think everyone order
this one this one
.... I actually order (and had the poor passenger side fit)
this one this one
. I just ordered the ITrims sets. I probably wont get a chance to test them out until next weekend but I will report back and let everyone know how they compare.
Old 01-26-2022, 07:59 PM
DeusExMaxima
Instructor

Got the red pockets in today. Love em! No more flying cell phones or sunglasses.

Last edited by DeusExMaxima; 01-26-2022 at 08:01 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by DeusExMaxima:
gonzoe11 (01-28-2022), GTCharlie (01-28-2022), jayi836 (01-28-2022), jpru2001 (01-28-2022), SnowShoeBar (02-01-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 07:30 AM
GTCharlie
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by papb
So I just realized I ordered a similar but different brand than everyone else.

I think everyone order this one.... I actually order (and had the poor passenger side fit) this one. I just ordered the ITrims sets. I probably wont get a chance to test them out until next weekend but I will report back and let everyone know how they compare.
Yes, iTrims is the way to go.
Old 02-01-2022, 09:36 AM
SnowShoeBar
Track Day

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

We already put 6k miles on the new to us CS winter beater since purchasing it in December. Changed the oil with a kit from FCP Euro, going to take advantage of the lifetime guarantee. One of the easiest oil changes I have done in years. Putting the suspension in service mode and using the boards for a few extra inches worked great. Supposed to be dry today so it is time for a good scrub. Resetting the service interval with the iCarsoft was straight forward. Only issue was the OBD 2 plug was harder than I would have liked to remove. It made me nervous pulling so hard. The family loves cruising in this thing and the rear heated seats have been a family favorite. The pup loves them the most I think.

Last edited by SnowShoeBar; 02-01-2022 at 09:40 AM.
will_atl (02-02-2022)
Old 02-01-2022, 09:28 PM
orangedawg
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by virkdoc
Also installed the pockets....my interior is brown so black is the closest i could find. They have a cool rubber porsche badging on the inside.

Are they supposed to have that Porsche rubber thing that yours have? I just received my Itrims inserts and they don't have the rubber thing that says Porsche on the bottom. They do have one hole per holder that looks like something is supposed to snap into it.
ALEV8 (07-17-2023)
Old 02-01-2022, 11:02 PM
papb
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by orangedawg
Are they supposed to have that Porsche rubber thing that yours have? I just received my Itrims inserts and they don't have the rubber thing that says Porsche on the bottom. They do have one hole per holder that looks like something is supposed to snap into it.
I have the ITrims and the Salusy brand pockets from Amazon in black. The Salusy were the first ones I tried that didn't fit tight on the passenger side. I will test out the Itrims this weekend. Neither of these sets have the Porsche logo in them; just the little drain hole.
Old 02-02-2022, 11:04 AM
orangedawg
Advanced

Which brand are people ordering that have the rubber Porsche badging on the bottom of their inserts noted above? My Itrims ones do not have it. Would be kind of cool to have, though not necessary.
Old 02-02-2022, 11:08 AM
DeusExMaxima
Instructor

Is the hole on the bottom for the phone charging wire to go through?
Old 02-02-2022, 02:48 PM
orangedawg
Advanced

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Is the hole on the bottom for the phone charging wire to go through?
I don't think so. It is too small. And it would be weird to have a drain hole there. Not sure what is it for, but it is located in the same place on both inserts.
Old 02-02-2022, 04:07 PM
cathalferris
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Today, to my 958, I did some lighting adjustments, and I did a paint cleanup on Sunday evening.

I swapped out both of the front bi-xenon bulbs to Osram Night Breaker Laser bulb units, as the existing bulbs appeared to be asymmetrical in light output. Upon removal of the current items, I could clearly see that the little gas void in the centre on both bulbs was milky with a deposit on the glass. Installation was hassle free, remembering to use the cotton gloves for all bulb handling. I also swapped out the current clear halogen cornering bulbs for halogen ones that are supposed to be closer to the HIDs in colour temp, with the blue filter on the glass. It's an improvement, but not close enough for my desire. Still, it's not terrible, so no harm done. When I was aligning the dipped beams last week I did notice that the fill-in halogen full beam on the right was not pointed at the right place, so I managed to rectify that with the torx bolt heads underneath the headlight housing. While it's not perfect, it's likely good enough for the local government at least.

In the four months of ownership, I hadn't had an opportunity to wash the car since purchase. Here in Switzerland, car washing at home is forbidden in case polluted water enters the local water table, so only designated business locations can have cars washed there. Thankfully the nearest half-decent one to our apartment is cheap enough and while it's very busy on Sunday evenings I did manage to get the car washed. I was making sure not to use any of the wax or shine products, as I had a plan.. A decent wash to get the dust and watermarks off the paint and then a nice drive home without any dust or bugs in the air. Parking in the parking garage, I then did a wipe down of the car in case there was any dust from the 4km journey home. The clay-bar kit was brought out, nad I went over every panel. Interestingly, I suspect that the garage I bought the car from did something similar in the months before sale, as there was very little resistance anywhere on the car's paint. Still, it makes me feel better to have done that. This was followed by a Meguiars Carnuba wax thing, and the end result is that it's near impossible to lean on the car without a hand slipping on the paint surface. It's really smooth and shiny now. Whenever I get it out in the sun, I'll take some pics to show off that wax job. I did also clean each glass surface inside, and I did do a Rain-X treatment on the outside. There's a lot of glass on a Cayenne with a Pano roof.

Also on Sunday, I installed the recently-purchased dashcam. It's a NextBase 622GW, ex-shop-demo so a decent chunk of change cheaper, and I also got the rear-window camera as well. It's not going to be hard-wired in (I think) but it is now with all wires routed and hidden behind and inside the rooftrim. It's an interesting process to determine the best location for the camera mount on the rear glass, trying not to possibly affect any of the radio antenna built into the demister lines. I ended up putting it hard at the "port" side, in line with where my head is. I figured that getting visibility behind and into the outside lane would be rather useful in addition to the front view. The 12v power is coming from inside the armrest, so it's nicely out of the way.

Last month I ordered the handle pockets from Aliexpress, they arrived and are very useful indeed. I haven't yet decided whether I want to get the overhead handle sunglass case replacement yet or not, they are quiet pricey compared to the same ones for other cars.

The car is now about ready for the few thousand kilometers of road trip to Ireland we have planned over the upcoming months, with a decent chunk of night time motorway driving (hence the desire to get the lights properly sorted). That'll be a fun event, and coming back I'll have to have one or both of my kayaks on the roofracks. Going out the racks are going inside the car, no point in having them on the roof when not being used.
Old 02-02-2022, 04:19 PM
Bcscd
Intermediate

Battery replacement- the single digits finally did the original in my 2013 CD in after 163k.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 958 today?