Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynavin head unit

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for clearing that up. Rules it out for me unfortunately as it's the only way I can get this mod pas SWMBO.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Nimesh Udani
Advanced

I too am interested in installing other navigation software. iGO primo is not bad but I would prefer Garmin or TOMTOM. Also, has anyone been able to get the traffic updates to work in USA?
Old 11-06-2014, 02:11 PM
nitrorocket
Instructor

Do these units support Siri, or any type of voice commands. It would be great if it could do navigation based on voice control and just be able to speak and address. Or to play a song, etc.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:14 PM
hanlong
Intermediate

No voice commands
Old 11-14-2014, 03:56 AM
s329
Racer

Mine is on order. Really looking forward to it.
Is this dummy proof to the point that most people can install it themselves?
I've never done any car audio type work/install so I'm debating whether I should take it to a local shop for a quick painless job or do it myself.

Anything I need to look out for?
Old 11-19-2014, 02:46 PM
gwaimie69
Intermediate

It's pretty straight forward as in the facia removal(check YouTube) then removal is simple just a few screws, new one just plugs in, but you do need to mount the GPS receiver behind the unit (I heard you can use the factory fitted one but I didn't know where this was located) I also purchased the dab audio interface which also mounts behind the dash, this has a window mount adhesive ariel and you also have to run the microphone up the door pillars. I only paid £50 for a full install just because I was lazy.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:53 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Little help please

Installed the unit today. Didn't find as straightforward as advertised.

Couple concerns:
1). There is always a hiss through the speakers, even with the unit off.
Eventually it goes away but I haven't had the patience to sit in the car and wait longer than 5 mins.
2) The clock resets everytime the unit it shut off and turned on. The minutes will be correct. It forgets where I am in relation to UCT (minus 8 hours).
3). In hooking up, the diagram shows hooking up to the CAN interface but I can figure out what plugs into the other side.
4). In hooking up to the harness that goes into the A and B slots in the back, it appears the middle slot is unused. Correct?
5). I installed a wireless back up camera and used an add a circuit to wire in to the drivers side fuse block. However, I can't for the life of me find a fuse that is switched. It has the camera wireless device on all the time. How do I find a switched fuse or circuit? The Dynavin claims on the diagram to have a 12volt lead called P. Center but the actual harness doesn't have that.

Thanks.
Old 11-22-2014, 02:52 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Still looking for help

I've figured out most of this. What I can't figure out is what, if anything, plugs into the Can Interface. One side comes from the Dynavin harness but I can't find anything that plugs into the other side of the Interface (it's a 10 pin connector). Or do we not use the Can interface at all.......?

Getting error codes and SRS light and thinking it's because of this.

Please help.

Last edited by B.Kish; 11-22-2014 at 02:56 PM. Reason: more info
Old 11-26-2014, 06:00 PM
alx5
Intermediate

After so many hours reading all the discussion, I am almost convince to get converted to Dynavin. However, I still have some questions that need to be answered. My is PCM 2 from 2004 CTT. It has CD and CDC and navi. so I assume
1- I will have OEM GPS under the passenger seat. Is that correct? If this is correct, I have to order a Farka to RCA cable on ebay, right?
2- I need to mount microphone and run USB cables. have anyone run old ipod cable to use with 1st or 2nd generation ipod?
3- Some ones in this site use a shop to do installation for you. Do they mess up or know the system?
4- when I removed my PCM unit, there are 4 square plugs: yellow, pink, and 2 blacks, and 3 circular plugs: brown, black, and blue. I saw the back of Dynavin has 4-5 tubes come out. Are there converter from PCM plugs to these tubes. How do I know which one is which? are they labeled?
I wonder did anyone put the installation process on Youtube by chance.
Thanks guys. The site has been great with a lot of discussion and guidance but I still get nervous when making the decision. Electronic is not my field and get panic when it is not working or has error messages.

ALX5
Old 11-27-2014, 12:09 AM
alx5
Intermediate

with all the guys who has issues with cluster instrument, I wonder if the service light message will show up in the cluster such as brake services, oil services, mileage etc. If these don't show up how do we know when to service our vehicle. Just curious.

ALX5
Old 11-28-2014, 06:41 AM
hanlong
Intermediate

Originally Posted by alx5
with all the guys who has issues with cluster instrument, I wonder if the service light message will show up in the cluster such as brake services, oil services, mileage etc. If these don't show up how do we know when to service our vehicle. Just curious. ALX5
They show up still. Only the music info doesn't show up everything else does.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:00 AM
I-Fly-GV
AutoX

Default USB Cable Routing

I too have just installed the Dynavin unit purchased from Jeff's store. During the install I noticed two 12v accessory plugs under the front passenger side foot well. I have a 2005 CTT. I had no idea they were there before this install but decided to take advantage of one of the plugs for the USB cable. There is only one screw to come out for this plastic panel to be removed. Then unplug both 12v connectors and the light connector. Remove panel and begin to remove one of the sockets. Good luck on this. It is not easy. Be careful not to damage the plastic housing while removing the metal socket. Once the socket is removed, I super glued the USB cable flange to the original 12v socket housing. To route the cable to the back of the Dynavin unit I had to use safety wire (aircraft mechanic here) or any other stiff solid wire (welding rod) down behind the aft area with unit removed. I used hemostats to grab the wire once I saw it appear on the right passenger side at the top of the tunnel (between carpet and panel)
I then used the wire to wrap around the USB (computer end) and pull it up and out of the radio unit hole. Connect it to the Dynavin media USB connector and you are done. Like most all have said though, the hardest part is the placement of the boxes and cables coming out of the unit while sliding in. The harness adapter and MOST box I put on the left side of the unit, the CAN box (even though it is useless) I put on the right side of the unit. The RCA and USB & Internet cables I had to hand fish to the rear as I inserted the unit. I have big hands so it was a bit difficult.
All in all I am pleased with the installation and playback of the unit. I need to play with it some as the lowest sound setting for radio seems to be too loud to carry on a conversion with passenger. Bluetooth integration is fantastic, not problems here. And my wifes iphone 5s was recognized instantly and started playing songs strait away. (sorry, I am from US but couldn't resist). I also wired in the "internet USB " cable for future use. Anyone interested in where I mounted it can reply. Hope this helps.
Attached Images    
Old 12-03-2014, 01:57 PM
bobo83
Intermediate

Originally Posted by I-Fly-GV
I too have just installed the Dynavin unit purchased from Jeff's store. During the install I noticed two 12v accessory plugs under the front passenger side foot well. I have a 2005 CTT. I had no idea they were there before this install but decided to take advantage of one of the plugs for the USB cable. There is only one screw to come out for this plastic panel to be removed. Then unplug both 12v connectors and the light connector. Remove panel and begin to remove one of the sockets. Good luck on this. It is not easy. Be careful not to damage the plastic housing while removing the metal socket. Once the socket is removed, I super glued the USB cable flange to the original 12v socket housing. To route the cable to the back of the Dynavin unit I had to use safety wire (aircraft mechanic here) or any other stiff solid wire (welding rod) down behind the aft area with unit removed. I used hemostats to grab the wire once I saw it appear on the right passenger side at the top of the tunnel (between carpet and panel)
I then used the wire to wrap around the USB (computer end) and pull it up and out of the radio unit hole. Connect it to the Dynavin media USB connector and you are done. Like most all have said though, the hardest part is the placement of the boxes and cables coming out of the unit while sliding in. The harness adapter and MOST box I put on the left side of the unit, the CAN box (even though it is useless) I put on the right side of the unit. The RCA and USB & Internet cables I had to hand fish to the rear as I inserted the unit. I have big hands so it was a bit difficult.
All in all I am pleased with the installation and playback of the unit. I need to play with it some as the lowest sound setting for radio seems to be too loud to carry on a conversion with passenger. Bluetooth integration is fantastic, not problems here. And my wifes iphone 5s was recognized instantly and started playing songs strait away. (sorry, I am from US but couldn't resist). I also wired in the "internet USB " cable for future use. Anyone interested in where I mounted it can reply. Hope this helps.
Can the mic pick up all sound from the cabin? My wife and I frequently will chat to people while driving in the car and it would be great if she can talk from the passenger side and the mic picks her voice up. I currently have mine installed by the rearview mirror and it seems to be pretty good so far.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Villian
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Ive been meaning to ask..will this work with the Bose systems in first gen cayenne's? Also, does anyone have a link to a mirror interface for the dynavin?
Old 12-05-2014, 03:03 PM
I-Fly-GV
AutoX

Originally Posted by bobo83
Can the mic pick up all sound from the cabin? My wife and I frequently will chat to people while driving in the car and it would be great if she can talk from the passenger side and the mic picks her voice up. I currently have mine installed by the rearview mirror and it seems to be pretty good so far.
It does a pretty good job of picking up both front seat occupants. I have a tendency to speak louder than normal when on a call but it is not necessary. The mic does a good job. The passenger in front can be heard as well but so far I have not heard it in person. Just going by the caller's comments.

Quick Reply: Dynavin head unit