Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynavin head unit

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 08:10 PM
hanlong
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nimesh: No idea when they will update if at all for the OBC screen to show anything. As of firmware 1.01 and CANBUS 1.01 it doesn't show it.

This is for updating FM station icons: http://www.dynavin.com/images/pdf/co...on_setting.pdf I just downloaded from the internet and manually resized the icons for my local FM radio stations by myself and then put it on the SD card as the instructions stated. One thing that it doesn't really say on that PDF file instructions that I noticed is you have to keep that SD card in that exact format/folders they indicate and you can never remove it if you want those icons to remain. It would be nice to permaset or use the internal HDD for holding these icons but it what it is.

The logo file you just get from the internet. Find anything you want, and then on the bottom left corner there's a icon that you can press to set as your startup logo.
Around 17:50-18:20 is where the guy who's demoing the unit is showing how to set up startup logo. You can set any picture you want to boot up with. Just download a nice looking Porsche logo and use it.

I've been playing with this unit since I got it back in June and still figuring out things everyday It is getting better and better with each update though...
Old 08-26-2014, 08:36 PM
hanlong
Intermediate

mikeymikey: I forgot to answer your question about the backup camera, you can use anyone really. Did you get one installed yet for yours?

There's an OEM one: http://www.navtv.com/product/89/955oemcam.html that integrates nicely into the car.

But you can also install any of the aftermarket ones.

Last edited by hanlong; 08-26-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:09 AM
Nimesh Udani
Advanced

Originally Posted by hanlong
mikeymikey: I forgot to answer your question about the backup camera, you can use anyone really. Did you get one installed yet for yours?

There's an OEM one: http://www.navtv.com/product/89/955oemcam.html that integrates nicely into the car.

I installed a cheap CCD camera from eBay and it works great. Dear hanlong, how do I change to USA 12 hour clock and display SAE in USA standard? I updated the firmware as provided by Jeff. Thx
Old 08-27-2014, 02:28 AM
hanlong
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nimesh Udani
I installed a cheap CCD camera from eBay and it works great. Dear hanlong, how do I change to USA 12 hour clock and display SAE in USA standard? I updated the firmware as provided by Jeff. Thx
These were the instructions from Jeff:

"To change it to USA mode we need to access the hidden factory settings menu.....select bluetooth as your source (press the right side ****), input *123456# using the onscreen keypad and press the call (off hook) button on the screen. A hidden factory settings menu will pop up, select AREA: USA and leave everything else alone.

Press the back button and note that all the units are now SAE and the clock is 12 hour."

I also noticed one of the menu options you can select startup logo, Dynavin is the default which uses your selected startup logo, and there's Porsche in the list which will use a pretty nice default Porsche logo. I would leave most of the other options alone though.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:49 AM
Nimesh Udani
Advanced

These were the instructions from Jeff:

"To change it to USA mode we need to access the hidden factory settings menu.....select bluetooth as your source (press the right side ****), input *123456# using the onscreen keypad and press the call (off hook) button on the screen. A hidden factory settings menu will pop up, select AREA: USA and leave everything else alone.

Press the back button and note that all the units are now SAE and the clock is 12 hour."

I also noticed one of the menu options you can select startup logo, Dynavin is the default which uses your selected startup logo, and there's Porsche in the list which will use a pretty nice default Porsche logo. I would leave most of the other options alone though.
Hanlong, can you pls PM MW?

Thx
Old 08-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Nimesh Udani
Advanced

Okay I figured out the hidden settings. I also like the Porsche Logo now at start-up. Very classy. Have you tried the Internet card? What does it do?
Thanks
Old 08-27-2014, 02:18 PM
mikeymikey
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been working on restoring a W124 and Cayenne work has taken a back seat.
I haven't ordered the camera yet. My main concern is the fit since some members had to use dremel to make it fit.

Thanks for the link and I will look into it.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:25 PM
Nimesh Udani
Advanced

The cheap ebay camera that I purchased was not a direct fit even though the seller clearly states that it will fit. It does not. You will have to dremel it to make it fit. Works great now that it is installed.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:43 PM
mikeymikey
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have the link to the one that you have purchased? Do you get the visual markers on the camera feed that indicate distance as well (not the dynavin integration)?

Thx
Old 08-27-2014, 06:33 PM
fstick09
6th Gear

I found my logo by doing a "porsche logo" search on google images.

Last edited by fstick09; 08-27-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:33 PM
bdtzmaru
Intermediate

He anyone tried to hookup the OEM backup camera? If not, what type of connection does the dynavin take? Universal RCA? Is an adapter needed for the OEM camera?

I ordered mine 3 weeks ago from a different distributor (OttoNavi) and they are telling me the Dynavin unit has been on backorder. Hopefully, it should arrive some time next week. I should've went with my first instinct and ordered through J&T!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:01 PM
AGARubberDuck
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

bdtzmaru, check out koolkat's posts on page 5, specifically post #63 of this thread. I've been interested as well and it seems like he got it going.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:18 PM
bdtzmaru
Intermediate

Thanks l! I did see that post, but I guess I was hoping they changed it to the oem connection. I'll update you guys on how it works, as well as the oem PDC whenever it gets here.

Originally Posted by AGARubberDuck
bdtzmaru, check out koolkat's posts on page 5, specifically post #63 of this thread. I've been interested as well and it seems like he got it going.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:19 AM
Nimesh Udani
Advanced

Originally Posted by bdtzmaru
Thanks l! I did see that post, but I guess I was hoping they changed it to the oem connection. I'll update you guys on how it works, as well as the oem PDC whenever it gets here.
The rear view camera is a normal RCA cable. Works great. Pdc should work fine if you have the sensors.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:30 AM
Nimesh Udani
Advanced

For USB I actually just rename the file name to be the title using mp3tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/). Otherwise yes, It will show the full filename which is annoying. Would be good to have an update for the software for this. The iPod mode shows the title of the song as the first row, but USB/SD modes show the filename.

Yes the OBC screen is blank for now according to what Jeff told me, so this is normal behavior. It is not supported in the Cayenne as of yet, only on other cars.
hanlong

Where did you put your wired mic? I put mine by the A pillar driver side but the recevinig party still complains of background noise.

Quick Reply: Dynavin head unit