Sponsored by:

*****mObridge Group Buy*****

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 01:31 PM
JRCTT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OCNYPORSCHE
Seems like a good amount of people are installing the Bluetooth unit. Scott, maybe you can make an exception for some of the folks here at forum that have been very enthusiatic about your products. I think it is a little unfair that some people ordered the bluetooth after we ordered the audio unit, and they received the bluetooth and we have to wait indefinately. Just a thought.
While I do agree this has already been addressed in this post...
Old 06-09-2008, 02:47 PM
mObridge
Former Vendor

Default Bluetooth availability

Originally Posted by OCNYPORSCHE
I am in the same boat. I think it would have been better if we knew the long timeframe for the upgrade. I would have just cancelled my audio order, and ordered a Bluetooth unit. I have been seeing some issues with the Bluetooth unit now with eclou, so I am not sure what to do.

Seems like a good amount of people are installing the Bluetooth unit. Scott, maybe you can make an exception for some of the folks here at forum that have been very enthusiatic about your products. I think it is a little unfair that some people ordered the bluetooth after we ordered the audio unit, and they received the bluetooth and we have to wait indefinately. Just a thought.
Hi, this is another member of the support staff ... Scott is traveling this week. So, while it may *seem* like a good amount of people have been installing the Bluetooth unit, you are seeing a concentration of posts small handful of early adopters and (thank you) very enthusiastic crowed -- as well as posts of some folks with beta units. In reality, there have so far only been a handful of sales in the U.S. to retail customers. There is nothing 'unfair' about it -- supply is supply and the reality simply is there is no stock until we complete our next production run in late June. So I'm sure we can try and accommodate some individual sales (e.g., and perhaps upgrades) in early-to-mid July.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:13 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,228 Likes on 600 Posts

Mobridge/Scott/Support are sending me another unit to try out. I am hopeful this might solve my issues.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:14 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

interesting update. My mobridge bluetooth unit is no longer giving the PCM Navigation or CD Changer errors. The errors seem to have disappeared despite no intervention on my part, and I still have not gotten the CDC disabled via PIWIS. The replacement unit Scott has sent should arrive Mon and I will install that one to see if the BT volume issues are fixed
Old 06-15-2008, 03:58 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That does not sound good to me. The system should complain on boot about the CDC, maybe your unit is bad, fingers crossed ! Is the ipod still working as you described previously ?
Old 06-15-2008, 09:39 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

The ipod no longer switches or reverts back to the 1st track of the 1st alphabetical artist. It seems to be working correctly now! If there was no BT issue I would be satisfied
Old 06-16-2008, 11:20 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Another update. Received a replacement unit from Mobridge. BT now works perfectly with good volume. Still get the 1st splash screen error for the CDC but everything works now. Very happy!!
Old 06-16-2008, 11:39 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Cool
Old 06-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I wonder if we shouldn't have split threads for Audio and another for Bluetooth....

Getting back to the audio side, I got tired of my hassle waiting for the PCM Update from Sunset so I decided I would go ahead and update the mObridge unit. From what I remembered the newest mObridge f/w release was 2.2.0 but when I went to mObridge's site I found 3.0.0 for Audio. I went back to pg. 11 of this thread forward and found no mention of the new f/w release.

So, for those of you w/out BT, f/w 3.0.0 is on mObridge's site, just make sure you use a SD card formated in FAT(16) not (32) and you must put the *.fif file in the root directory. This is not in mObridge's instructions but it is in one of the posts in this thread (don't you love incomplete instructions).

Update: OK, just tried to update the f/w on the unit, no idea if it worked, displays look just like they always have and CD6 (Menu) doesn't display anything remotely like a f/w level info. Since the instructions don't tell you what you need to do to actually update the unit I may not have done it correctly, I'll email mObridge for help.
Yes, the SD card was in for a good 20 min., with the Pepper running before I finally shut the Pepper off and removed the SD card.

Last edited by Slow Guy; 06-17-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:39 PM
mooniac
AutoX

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Update: OK, just tried to update the f/w on the unit, no idea if it worked, displays look just like they always have and CD6 (Menu) doesn't display anything remotely like a f/w level info. Since the instructions don't tell you what you need to do to actually update the unit I may not have done it correctly, I'll email mObridge for help.
Yes, the SD card was in for a good 20 min., with the Pepper running before I finally shut the Pepper off and removed the SD card.
If you go to CD6 and select track list and scroll down you should see SW Ver. Mine shows 3.0.0.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mooniac
If you go to CD6 and select track list and scroll down you should see SW Ver. Mine shows 3.0.0.
Track List huh, not someplace I would have expected to find the f/w vers.Thanks, I'll check that next time I go out to the vehicle.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:09 PM
reubstarr
Intermediate

The Mobridge units are great. You can purchase a unit with bluetooth integrated as well.
I have fitted about 25 of the units and in comparison to Dension and ICE2 the units are easy to use and don't lock up.
We fit the ipod cable into the lower armrest compartment on Cayenne and the same on 911/Boxster. For those of you that were a little tight on the budget when purchasing a Porsche and couldn't afford PCM then you can fit the Mobridge Ipod kit to your CDR23 or 24 as well. It's not as good as you have to control it from the Ipod but its better than an FM transmitter. It's a pity Ipods are so cheap as the kit looks expensive in comparison.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:01 AM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From the MoBirdge site:

"My PCM does not have a "Tel" button. Can I still get mObridge Bluetooth?

At this stage the answer is no.

mObridge Bluetooth requires that your PCM is capable of phone control. Only PCMs with a Tel button are currently able to do this.

We are working on a solution for Porsche PCM without a Tel button."

Is this still correct? I saw some folks with 'non-tel button units" (ie PCM2.1 I think) and they had some level of function? True?

Elsewhere they state:
"mObridge Bluetooth supports every Porsche model from 2003 onwards that is equipped with the PCM system.

mObridge Bluetooth requires that your PCM screen be enabled for Telephone operation. This is typically done at BMW dealers. Please contact us if you have trouble getting this done. "

Note they emphasize every... the 2003, 2004 and 2005 PCMs (ie 2.1) in the 996TTs do not have telephone buttons and for the 996TT in 2004 and 2005s the stock configuration is nav/pcm....

A
Old 06-19-2008, 07:02 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

I have one, I cannot yet dial thru the PCM but the audio handsfree capability is 100%
Old 06-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Coach 11
Instructor

Mudman, I purchased the Mobridge several months ago with group buy. Is there an update for the unit or can u trade the unit for BT with Mobridge audio?

Tnx-u, Coach 11

Quick Reply: *****mObridge Group Buy*****