Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*****mObridge Group Buy*****

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 11:23 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Once linked go to your address book, options,send data via bluetooth. At least thats how my Motorola works
Old 05-30-2008, 11:24 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Also, there is an ini file which you can edit to change the password
Old 05-31-2008, 09:31 AM
CaptPegLeg
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

1234 worked, thanks. I have a motorola as well. Phone bonded and radio muted when I made a call but the voice was barely discernible on my end. No phone book or any other screens available. You still have to use the CDC button and CD buttons to utilize the mobridge or CD player so those buttons won't do anything for the phone. I think what we got is what we got on the non-phone PCM's.
I'm sure it'll work fine on the phone PCM's. I'll know next week and post.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:25 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 607 Posts

Installed mine today. Did not bother to remove the CDC out of the loop yet. It functions but the commands to change the iPod don't really take hold. Also, the bluetooth sound quality is horrible - volume is so low as to be almost lost in background noise. Is there a way to adjust this (my phone volume is up 100%)?
Old 06-01-2008, 09:43 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Your phone volume has nothing to do with it.

There are adjustments that are made via an .ini file. You need to contact mobridge.

Mine is perfect sound at both ends (albeit speakerphone)

1 - Does your phonebook work ?
2 - Where did you mount the mic ?
Old 06-01-2008, 09:46 PM
CaptPegLeg
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got mine, in the Cayenne, working with the phone buttons functioning like they're supposed to. I can't get the phonebook to show up though. Scott sent me the manual via email and that is at work so until I get that, I'm on hold. I'm sure it's something I'm not doing for the phone book.
eclou, the volume is fine on mine and I can turn it up with volume control. I'd bet, from what I've seen on this board that you have to dump the CDC.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:46 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

mic is on the driver's A pillar. The other end hears me fine, I can just barely hear them
Old 06-02-2008, 10:14 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

OK. Good news for 2008 Cayenne owners. I managed to get the CDC fiberoptic disconnected and it was quite easy. The plug sits on the rearward facing side of the CDC. You do not need to completely remove the panels at all.

1)pry off the rear d pillar trim
2)now one T20 torx screw is exposed on the main passenger rear trim panel on the top rear corner. remove this
3)you should have enough play in the rear trim panel to easily reach the plug to remove and jumper with the mobridge fiberoptic loop.

This is about a 5-10 minute procedure max
Old 06-02-2008, 11:57 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

OK. Disregard the above! I disconnected the AMP and not the CDC. I got an error message of no amp and no CDC, and no volume whatsoever. Frustrated by this gaffe, I was able to reach the CDC fiberoptic plug blindly by snaking my hand around and undoing the plug - it is at the forward end of the changer.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:47 AM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Called Mobridge today, asked about the upgrade to bluetooth, got the run around from the guy.... Were out of stock, we've allocated this and that, maybe the end of June or July until we can do the upgrade, so looks like we should have waited to buy the bluetooth unit as they are just selling it to everyone.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:41 AM
JRCTT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
OK. Disregard the above! I disconnected the AMP and not the CDC. I got an error message of no amp and no CDC, and no volume whatsoever. Frustrated by this gaffe, I was able to reach the CDC fiberoptic plug blindly by snaking my hand around and undoing the plug - it is at the forward end of the changer.
You will see earlier in this topic I did the same thing - sounds like you where still able to get the fiber disconnected without ripping out the trim, I was not so lucky.

Kevin M - I called a few weeks ago and got the same run around, agreed we should have waited...
Old 06-03-2008, 05:53 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ok

still having the "CD changer not ready" error screen on startup. Also, the bluetooth volume is almost inaudible. CDC is disconnected out of the loop. Talked to Scott at Mobridge and he suggested having the dealership program out the CDC on the PCM. Somewhat frustrated with this
Old 06-03-2008, 06:59 PM
JRCTT
Instructor

yeah and who is going to pay for the dealer trips?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:02 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

I am still waiting to get the dealer to turn off my CDC. In the meantime I get 1 error on boot. Everything else works great in terms of voice quality.

I have a front install with the Mobridge unit under the dash drivers side, phone to the right of the PCM, mic on the left of the sunvisor if that helps. Don't forget the sound you hear is stereo volume dependant, not sure why I said that as I am sure its nothing that simple.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:16 AM
mObridge
Former Vendor

Lightbulb Note about support on the CDC error and Audio level

Originally Posted by eclou
... still having the "CD changer not ready" error screen on startup. Also, the bluetooth volume is almost inaudible. CDC is disconnected out of the loop. Talked to Scott at Mobridge and he suggested having the dealership program out the CDC on the PCM. Somewhat frustrated with this
eclou,

Very sorry for your frustrations, but this is what is necessary to install the system with combined iPod and Bluetooth into the Porsche.

At this time, the dealer PIWIS tester is the only way to make that setting adjustment AND turning off the CDC interface (PCM will still present the CDC/iPod regardless - sounds counterintuitive but it's true) to suppress that error is both expected and necessary unless you don't mind putting up with the error [it is harmless, however an annoyance]. When installations are done on your own, there are going to be nuances like this that you face that the installer has simply experienced and has been trained and can quickly adjust/remedy. That is one of the differences between the $900 or so DIY install and up to $1500, maybe more the dealer is charging for the system. Actually that $600 that would have been made by the dealer is now flowing right out of our of our own company pockets to support DIY install adjustments like this, so please do keep that in mind as we work through this.

As far the low audio goes, yes there are ways to adjust this as several on this thread have mentioned, including via an .INI file on the SD card we can give you if you email support@mobridge-usa.com, and we will make sure we get your audio tuned up properly.

Sincerely,

mObridge Support Team

Last edited by mObridge; 06-04-2008 at 02:17 AM. Reason: edited for correctness

Quick Reply: *****mObridge Group Buy*****