Sponsored by:

*****mObridge Group Buy*****

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 09:14 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,228 Likes on 600 Posts

still unacceptable bluetooth performance with the 1.5.1 software and my Razr V9/Sprint. I have never had any issues with Parrot 3000/3100 units. If I could do it over again I would just have put in another Parrot and then done the iPod thing separately. The whole safety issue with driving w/BT is lost on this Mobridge unit. Having to "switch audio" or "disconnect BT" in order to hear calls is actually more of a distraction for a driver than just holding the phone to your ear.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:45 AM
mObridge
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAZR V9

Hello,

CK3000/3100 is a totally different product, even from a Parrot standpoint.

There are actually likely remedies for the conditions you are seeing, including a v.1.5.2 mObridge and new Parrot software, the 1.60 Parrot someone mentioned but we actually have now a newer 1.61 Parrot that is specifically targeted to some Motorola phone and iPhone (actual bug in iPhone itself for which there is a workaround in Parrot) issues. But there are reasons 1.61 isn't posted publicly - while it has some very valuable workarounds/fixes, and for all it's benefit in some cases, it also broke the call logs (missed/dialed/received/etc) functionality, so we apply it on a case-by-case basis such as eclou's here.

As far as I know no other customers are having the issues you report, so please email our support team at support@mobridge-usa.com if you want to discuss updating to those versions.

There is also a major Parrot revision v.2.0 expected this month, followed by about 2 weeks needed testing by our team, which we expect (hope) covers both the Motorola and iPhone issues and returns the call list funtionality all in one slam dunk. This release will also (finally!) contain support for some of the newer phones on the market. So expect mid-October notice of a new Parrot Bluetooth release.

Just FYI to the group, it's much more effective to talk to bring up such issues with our Support Team than mull it over in a forum. Often times there are specific phone issues we know about or have patches from Parrot on specific issues that we can apply on case-by-case bases. There are hundreds of web forums used by our customers and while our team occasionally picks up activity here and can respond, it's not an official avenue of support, and it may be a while before something on the forums gets noticed. Case in point here, eclou's post on 7/27, with a direct support request we could have responded immediately because the same software/Parrot answer applied then as it does today. So please, bring your support requests direct, as the web community may not solve them in all cases, granted we appreciate how useful the community members have been for one another, so thank you for that.

Scotty M.
mObridge Support

Last edited by mObridge; 09-22-2008 at 11:54 AM. Reason: update for correctness
Old 09-23-2008, 05:06 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,228 Likes on 600 Posts

Sent an email to you Scott, thanks
Old 10-07-2008, 04:11 AM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Just wanted to update everyone on the upgrade to BT. Mobridge came through and and offered me $300 for the upgrade to bluetooth. I gladly accepted the offer and they have shipped me the new unit. I've installed it and its working fine, my only issues is a lower volume when the phone is in use. I have a 04 so I don't have a TEL button on my PCM, downside is there is no info on the screen, but its not a biggy for me or the wifey. I have the latest upgrade so the Iphone is working fine.

I also now have the CD changer error which I didn't have with the older unit, however the dealer can program it to remove the CD from the computer.

Thanks guys for coming through!
Old 10-07-2008, 11:33 PM
mObridge
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up BT upgrades, Volume question, CDC error supression

Originally Posted by Kevin M.
I've installed it and its working fine, my only issues is a lower volume when the phone is in use. I have a 04 so I don't have a TEL button on my PCM, downside is there is no info on the screen, but its not a biggy for me or the wifey. I have the latest upgrade so the Iphone is working fine.
Hello. Thanks and you're welcome.

Just to readers, on the volume issue. PLEASE NOTE: Kevin M.'s car having the PCM without telephone functions is the reason for the volume difference between Bluetooth and iPod. Many U.S. Porsches 2003-2008 have the type of PCM without Telephone functions. We do not officially support installation of the Bluetooth system into "non-Tel PCM" cars as that version PCM was never designed for it, but the handsfree audio WILL come over the vehicle audio so long as the user stays in CDC mode. The level of gain from a Bluetooth phone and that of the iPod are different (typically phone boost is lower) and we are reliant upon that gain. The result is the phone will typically be lower in default volume than the iPod. You can compensate with SOME iPods by setting the default accessory volume level or even turning the iPod itself down before plugging it in. But again, this volume issue is a remnant of the way the system has to work in the non-Telephone PCMs. Our official position on installation into this type of PCM car is we will of course support the basic operability of mObridge such as iPod and fundamental Bluetooth connection but as for items like volume levels, routing of audio, and what the PCM displays (or furthermore how the PCM reacts in general), we cannot guarantee how the PCM will handle this since it was never designed for it.

Just wanted to update everyone on the upgrade to BT. Mobridge came through and and offered me $300 for the upgrade to bluetooth. I gladly accepted the offer and they have shipped me the new unit. I've installed it and its working fine ... Thanks guys for coming through!
PLEASE NOTE: The upgrade program from iPod-only to Bluetooth+iPod at $300 is limited and available only to the Rennlist Group Buy members as an "early adopter" incentive.

I also now have the CD changer error which I didn't have with the older unit, however the dealer can program it to remove the CD from the computer.
This is to-be-expected in this install of the iPod+Bluetooth unit. So long as CDC is "coded off" by the Porsche dealership PIWIS tester, this error will go away and all functionality will continue as normal. While the error is annoying and we do recommend the coding change by the dealer to get rid of it, please be advised that this error is not indicative of a real system problem or error condition - it is a result of a change in PCM software behavior midway through the lifespan of the PCM to be more stringent in some of it's checking on the MOST bus, but was largely unnecessary (in our estimation) and only an annoyance in certain cases. It's actually about a 5-min. service procedure for the dealer tech to code CDC to OFF. Not all vehicles and equipment combinations will exhibit this:
If the vehicle has a pre-existing CDC, yes, likely will have to make this change.
If the vehicle did not have a pre-existing CDC, no, will not have to make this change.
Certain earlier vehicles (2003-2005) may also not exhibit this behavior and won't need the change.

THANKS AS ALWAYS FOR YOUR SUPPORT and a GREAT 2008 so far with the Bluetooth + iPod product.

Quick Reply: *****mObridge Group Buy*****