Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*****mObridge Group Buy*****

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008 | 10:45 AM
mObridge
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by eclou
Looking forward to the update. Any tips on doing the firmware flash? Last time I kept the car running and popped in the SD card, and nothing ever happened.
Hi eclou,

We always suggest a decent SD card such as Sandisk.

kind regards,

mObridge Support Team
Old 07-10-2008 | 11:22 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mObridge
Hi eclou,

kind regards,

mObridge Support Team
I used a new Sandisk Ultra III 2GB card. The card was left in the unit for about 1 hour. Please be more specific as to protocol:

1)should unit be on or off?
2)does unit need to be in a certain mode or screen?
3)does unit need to be turned on or off afterwards to force a reboot?
4)for BT/audio units does both BT and audio firmware need to be updated and can that be done simultaneously?

Thanks
Old 07-10-2008 | 02:22 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Hi eclou,

kind regards,

mObridge Support Team
Instructions for how you should actually perform the s/w update are lacking.......actually there were none when I updated to 3.0.0. Quite frustrating, just close your eyes and hope you were doing it right.
Old 07-10-2008 | 05:40 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

This is my understanding

Turn off the car, plug in the new SD card with the program on it. Turn on the car and leave it for up to 10 minutes. (With a modern SD card it took about 2 minutes maybe less)

When you go to CD 6 you can go to the mobridge device and check the SW version.

When it shows the new version your done

I dont like this as there is no definite feedback from the system. I would much prefer to load the update via the Ipod. Alternatively an LED on the Mobridge unit itself that turns from red to green when loading.
Old 07-10-2008 | 06:53 PM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes there will be stock either late next week or early the following week. Give us a ping and we'll reserve a unit for you as these units are moving quickly with the 1 July law.
Sales mailbox is full, left a message in general mail box.

Kevin
Old 07-11-2008 | 05:41 AM
mObridge
Former Vendor

Lightbulb mObridge SW Update - further indications

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Instructions for how you should actually perform the s/w update are lacking.......actually there were none when I updated to 3.0.0. Quite frustrating, just close your eyes and hope you were doing it right.
Guys, there are some of these posted in our Support area: http://www.mobridgeinc.com/node/59

Granted it's a bit sparse.

There are some other things to note that should help for anyone having trouble with this:
  • Yes the SD card should be something high-quality - we do endorse SanDisk as the card of choice. Despite looking similar and slotting in the same, SD cards vary wildly in their adherence to standards and thus they will fail to talk to hardware consistently in the manner that the "SD" label should ensure, yet doesn't completely.
  • The SD card needs to be formatted to a FAT16 (aka just FAT in late Windows machines) file system as opposed to FAT32. The mObridge unit will likely not recognise nor read/write anything to/from a card formated in FAT32. Keep in mind, formatting (eg., in Windows right click on the drive letter and select Format ...) will erase anything on the card. It's OK if there's other stuff on the SD card, but we'd recommend that there not be other mObridge maintenance files on the card (probably mostly from a human confusion standpoint as the unit itself will sort out the versioning and not ingest things improperly).
  • Yes, the headunit (PCM/CDR) needs to be powered on to do this. Which, to ensure that, it's best to turn on Igntion and PCM to assure keeping the system ON for the duration of the software updat e (as mudman2 mentioned, with a fast enough card, this will be less than 30 seconds but we give the figure 10 minutes so as to give PLENTY of margin). If the system were to power down during mObridge's software updating, there is a way to recover from that, but we'd rather not have to resort to that.
  • And, as has been mentioned, you can check in your CD6 (Menu/Aux) to verify that it's now showing the latest SW verison, at which point you can be sure the software update was successful. Those with CDRs that can't display CD-text, well, mObridge will by then have written a file called mObridge.txt to the SD card that will contain all the latest unit information and some other diagnostics. If in doubt, just email it to us at support@mobridge-usa.com and we'll be happy to let you know what that file tells us in case it isn't clear.

1)should unit be on or off?
2)does unit need to be in a certain mode or screen?
3)does unit need to be turned on or off afterwards to force a reboot?
4)for BT/audio units does both BT and audio firmware need to be updated and can that be done simultaneously?
Q1)should unit be on or off?
A1)Definitely on, reiterating the answer above.

Q2)does unit need to be in a certain mode or screen?
A2)No, it's all automatic once powered on and the card is in, provided that card was properly formatted and you have a relevant SW update (.fif) file that's newer than what's already on the product AND it was actually meant to be put on that product.

Q3)does unit need to be turned on or off afterwards to force a reboot?
A3)No, provided it doesn't have it's power interrupted and it finishes the software update, mObridge will reset itself.

Q4)for BT/audio units does both BT and audio firmware need to be updated and can that be done simultaneously?
A4)mObridge Bluetooth software contains all the necessary software to update the mObridge Bluetooth unit, audio and everything. The 1.4.0 (or perhaps 1.5.0 or newer by the time your eyes are upon this) release that's up there now is all you'll need. By the way, at the time of writing this, there is a 1.5.0 coming within 1-2 weeks with further phone support, better Parrot updating, and just general tweaks that address corner cases some users see with some iPods on some days on every other 3rd day of the week :-)

Hope this helps better understand the SW update process.
Old 07-11-2008 | 05:45 AM
mObridge
Former Vendor

Lightbulb Mailbox

Originally Posted by Kevin M.
Sales mailbox is full, left a message in general mail box.
Yes that would be about accurate. Emails are definitely helpful. We can't guarantee we'll respond to them immediately but compared to the queue of voicemails always building up, at least it's there in plain site with a name and subject attached to it as well as numerous eyes of our sales and support staff, advantageously in diverse world timezones.

THANKS!!!!
Old 07-11-2008 | 10:11 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Guys, there are some of these posted in our Support area: http://www.mobridgeinc.com/node/59

Granted it's a bit sparse.

There are some other things to note that should help for anyone having trouble with this:
  • Yes the SD card should be something high-quality - we do endorse SanDisk as the card of choice. Despite looking similar and slotting in the same, SD cards vary wildly in their adherence to standards and thus they will fail to talk to hardware consistently in the manner that the "SD" label should ensure, yet doesn't completely.
  • The SD card needs to be formatted to a FAT16 (aka just FAT in late Windows machines) file system as opposed to FAT32. The mObridge unit will likely not recognise nor read/write anything to/from a card formated in FAT32. Keep in mind, formatting (eg., in Windows right click on the drive letter and select Format ...) will erase anything on the card. It's OK if there's other stuff on the SD card, but we'd recommend that there not be other mObridge maintenance files on the card (probably mostly from a human confusion standpoint as the unit itself will sort out the versioning and not ingest things improperly).
  • Yes, the headunit (PCM/CDR) needs to be powered on to do this. Which, to ensure that, it's best to turn on Igntion and PCM to assure keeping the system ON for the duration of the software updat e (as mudman2 mentioned, with a fast enough card, this will be less than 30 seconds but we give the figure 10 minutes so as to give PLENTY of margin). If the system were to power down during mObridge's software updating, there is a way to recover from that, but we'd rather not have to resort to that.
  • And, as has been mentioned, you can check in your CD6 (Menu/Aux) to verify that it's now showing the latest SW verison, at which point you can be sure the software update was successful. Those with CDRs that can't display CD-text, well, mObridge will by then have written a file called mObridge.txt to the SD card that will contain all the latest unit information and some other diagnostics. If in doubt, just email it to us at support@mobridge-usa.com and we'll be happy to let you know what that file tells us in case it isn't clear.

Q1)should unit be on or off?
A1)Definitely on, reiterating the answer above.

Q2)does unit need to be in a certain mode or screen?
A2)No, it's all automatic once powered on and the card is in, provided that card was properly formatted and you have a relevant SW update (.fif) file that's newer than what's already on the product AND it was actually meant to be put on that product.

Q3)does unit need to be turned on or off afterwards to force a reboot?
A3)No, provided it doesn't have it's power interrupted and it finishes the software update, mObridge will reset itself.

Q4)for BT/audio units does both BT and audio firmware need to be updated and can that be done simultaneously?
A4)mObridge Bluetooth software contains all the necessary software to update the mObridge Bluetooth unit, audio and everything. The 1.4.0 (or perhaps 1.5.0 or newer by the time your eyes are upon this) release that's up there now is all you'll need. By the way, at the time of writing this, there is a 1.5.0 coming within 1-2 weeks with further phone support, better Parrot updating, and just general tweaks that address corner cases some users see with some iPods on some days on every other 3rd day of the week :-)

Hope this helps better understand the SW update process.
Thanks for this very informative response
Old 07-17-2008 | 04:46 AM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Update from Mobridge..... via email to me

One other confusing item, after speaking to Scott I believe it was, he is stating that if I don't have the TEL button the BT won't work, however Michael aka Mudman has a 04 without TEL and his works just no phone info on screen. So its safe to say it will work but not completely?

Dear Kevin:

As you probably know, there has been some consideration of an exchange
offering in the future. To date, our production quantity of the Bluetooth
solution is not yet to the point where it could support such an exchange
program (nor the support capability/resources inherent in our company
structure today). Without scrapping or simply shelving returned units, such
a program requires resources and investment in capabilities to
remanufacture/repackage and test the units already in the field which cannot
be supported at this very moment. We expect at some point in the
not-to-distant future as we grow resources and production to be able to
support some such program. This is a necessity such that we can actually
survive and thrive to even supply such a product, period, regardless of
whether it's wholesale/exchange/retail.

We can offer one alternative, which is purchasing a Bluetooth/iPod system
and at the point when we are ready to take exchanges, provided the returned
unit is functioning, intact and unscarred otherwise, refund the value of the
original iPod product minus a $100 upgrade ("bridge" or restock) cost.
Hopefully that is a fair and acceptable offer.

Otherwise, all we can say at this moment is, keep watch on the news/product
info for official confirmation when such an exchange program will occur.

Sincerely,

mObridge Sales

Just to be clear..

Purchased Ipod unit $500
Buy new unit $900?
Wait until you accept the return and then give me $400?

Remind me again why I did this group buy?
I appreciate the effort on trying to accommodate us, however I feel this group buy was a way to dump a bunch of units prior to the launch of the BT units. Many of us all thought that a simple upgrade in software and a MIC would upgrade our existing units, along with a small cost of course. The vague answers to many questions in regards to this are unprofessional and I feel a bit taken. Maybe I'm out of line, but this just my $.02.
Old 07-17-2008 | 10:14 PM
SKYSTAK
Instructor

Plus one from me on Kevin as well. Scott, you need to have an upgrade plan and do it fast. 100 bucks is not going to work. We understand your situation, butrule number one if you guys want to stay in business, the customer is alays right. You guys knew the bluetooth schedules and estimated costs better then we did and you should have been upfront about it. Nobody expected BT units to be so different from the units we all bought. A couple hundred bucks more is one thing, but this fee plan and the lack of candor is not acceptable.
Old 07-25-2008 | 09:32 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

no update on the website as of yet
Old 07-27-2008 | 10:00 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mobridge BT 1.5.1 firmware is up on the website now!

Note for Mobridge/Scott - notes mention Parrot 1.61 fif but only Parrot 1.50 fif is on the downloads?

Did the 1.5.1 upgrade and it actually worked. My contacts transfer is now working again, and it seems like the audio is working without a hitch again.

Last edited by eclou; 07-28-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-03-2008 | 02:24 PM
s4treg
Instructor

Anyone seen or heard of the problem where playlists just resorts to Artists [artist name].

I've been having this problem where from the main menu it doesn't say Playlists, it says Artist[artist name], and then Artists again under that. I just upgraded to 3.0.0 and now it says Playlists [not Playlists/iPod], but when I select it, it once again resorts back to Artist [artist name] and starts at the top of the list Artist List (e.g. Aerosmith)... This is driving me crazy, I even renamed my playlists to try and force a resync (this was a few weeks back). Any thoughts?
Old 08-03-2008 | 02:28 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Still having BT issues with 1.5.1. It works about 30% of the time but otherwise there is no audio whatsoever - complete silence on both ends. The Parrot 3000 and 3100 I have work perfectly. I am very close to uninstalling this piece and sending it back.
Old 08-03-2008 | 02:36 PM
s4treg
Instructor

So... just a few minutes after posting this, I went back and thought I'd just change it to manual iPod control. So, I went back to the Menu/Aux controls and desided to test it using iPod controls, worked fined. As I was looking at the screen I wondered what would happen if I held the forward arrow while on the Menu 1 >> Artists [artist name]. Sure enough it changed to Genre, an on, through pod casts, etc. I finally got to Playlists, set it, went back to the main menu and it worked. Case solved.

Perhaps someone else will find this useful. How it changed, no idea, probably my son pressing buttons while I was cleaning the car one day..oh well.

Quick Reply: *****mObridge Group Buy*****