Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 10:29 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
No graphics, paint correction and paint meter will go a long way.
Thanks! The full front mirrors/fenders/hood/grill was XPEL after correction w/edge wrap... the roof and doors were corrected and ceramic last year before the stripe... also ceramic coated the calipers. I told them to leave the deck-lid uncorrected because I was trying to decide if I wanted to XPEL the whole car and didn't have a new badge to replace at the time. You still think I need to go have the back end corrected also, ****ty thing is they are usually like 3 weeks out? I've got my DME, brand new PSC2 on (old ones are fine they were just 2017), oil changed, brakes/engine check, emissions test and a paint meter here... anything else?

I do not however have a full undercarriage pic... I'll take one with my phone but I'm not sure driving to a lift to get a photo is a good idea given last weeks BAT auction

Last edited by Wonderdan; 12-04-2021 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:43 AM
Ikon
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 72 Posts

Congrats Dan! Thank goodness you listen to the community and didn’t get the grey one. Can’t wait to see you have fun.

Hope someone on this forum picks up your black one.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:54 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,099 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
No graphics, paint correction and paint meter will go a long way.
Agreed.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:56 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wonderdan
Thanks! The full front mirrors/fenders/hood/grill was XPEL after correction w/edge wrap... the roof and doors were corrected and ceramic last year before the stripe... also ceramic coated the calipers. I told them to leave the deck-lid uncorrected because I was trying to decide if I wanted to XPEL the whole car and didn't have a new badge to replace at the time. You still think I need to go have the back end corrected also, ****ty thing is they are usually like 3 weeks out? I've got my DME, brand new PSC2 on (old ones are fine they were just 2017), oil changed, brakes/engine check, emissions test and a paint meter here... anything else?

I do not however have a full undercarriage pic... I'll take one with my phone but I'm not sure driving to a lift to get a photo is a good idea given last weeks BAT auction
I wouldn’t care if the deck lid was incorrect Ed. Buyer can do that. Rest of your list sounds good. I’d get a strong light source and take a couple pic without car in air of undercarriage. Should be fine.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:44 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,739 Posts

I would leave the stripe, it's tastefully done.
The following users liked this post:
HpIzKing (12-05-2021)
Old 12-05-2021, 10:03 AM
JS
Race Car

Received 529 Likes on 349 Posts

Congrats on the RS !
Pull the stripes on the Black car for sure.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:12 AM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JS
Congrats on the RS !
Pull the stripes on the Black car for sure.
haha, I’ve had 2 ppl pm me to tell me the stripes are amaz and not to pull them… but like someone said, it’s all about appealing to all, and strips like this were relatively cheap to do.

Only thing on this car that’s not perfect is one of the passenger side speaker aged out and started to rattle recently, should I just disclose it and let them fix, or fix it before putting it up. Finding shop I trust is hard and I’m deathly afraid of touching anything this close to selling haha.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:10 AM
Body In White
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 169 Posts

Disclose it and let the next person fix it. It’s a cheap fix and most (all?) bidders will look past it for a clean car.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:13 AM
HpIzKing
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 65 Posts
Default disclose and leave it

Any serious buyer is only looking for the music coming from the Mezger anyway. I wouldn't touch it. JMO
The following 2 users liked this post by HpIzKing:
Robocop305 (12-05-2021), SupraSaiyan (12-06-2021)
Old 12-05-2021, 11:29 AM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 45 Posts

@wonderdan I don't know. I think that rattling speaker is at least a 10K discount. I would have been very interested if I didn't just buy mine a month or so ago. GLWS

Last edited by linzman; 12-05-2021 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-05-2021, 01:17 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,739 Posts

haha, I’ve had 2 ppl pm me to tell me the stripes are amaz and not to pull them… but like someone said, it’s all about appealing to all, and strips like this were relatively cheap to do.

Only thing on this car that’s not perfect is one of the passenger side speaker aged out and started to rattle recently, should I just disclose it and let them fix, or fix it before putting it up. Finding shop I trust is hard and I’m deathly afraid of touching anything this close to selling haha.
My left speaker in my orange car rattled and I though it was blown. Lo and behold, it no longer rattles like a blown speaker. Have no idea what going on.

The door panel is super easy to remove though.
Old 12-05-2021, 06:37 PM
GlenGT3
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 155 Posts

Few things.
1) I would keep the stripes. They are subtle enough not to offend the purist who can pull them off and nice enough to entice someone with similar taste.
2) You don't need a lift for an undercarriage pic. The pic below was taken with an iPhone on the ground while car was in garage. (pic courtesy of fellow member)
3) You probably don't want to advertise this car here. I say this with all due respect to my fellow members but this thread is full of people pissed off about the drastic rise in prices. The only person I've ever heard mention that they would be willing to pay top dollar for a perfect GT3 is @Upscale Audio . Everyone else is a bargain hunter, and there is nothing wrong with that. it's just not the right audience for your car which seems like a phenomenal spec, great condition, and low mileage. If you care about money, the car deserves exposure to a broader audience so it can get fair market value. If money is a secondary concern and you just want to make sure it ends up in the hands of an enthusiast, then by all means, only list it here and don't sell to a dealer.

Last edited by GlenGT3; 12-05-2021 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-05-2021, 06:45 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GlenGT3
Few things.
1) I would keep the stripes. They are subtle enough not to offend the purist who can pull them off and nice enough to entice someone with similar taste.
2) You don't need a lift for an undercarriage pic. The pic below was taken with an iPhone on the ground while car was in garage. (pic courtesy of fellow member)
3) You probably don't want to advertise this car here. I say this with all due respect to my fellow members but this thread is full of people pissed off about the drastic rise in prices. The only person I've ever mention that they would be willing to pay top dollar for a perfect GT3 is @Upscale Audio . Everyone else is a bargain hunter, and there is nothing wrong with that. it's just not the right audience for your car which seems like a phenomenal spec, great condition, and low mileage. If you care about money, the car deserves exposure to a broader audience so it can get fair market value. If money is a secondary concern and you just want to make sure it ends up in the hands of an enthusiast, then by all means, only list it here and don't sell to a dealer.
Lol yea as a frequent member of this thread I can’t help but gameify this… and keep you guys updated. I feel like no “regular” on here will judge me as I wouldn’t them.

To your point this morning I didn’t see any action on rennlist so I linked the ad in Facebook 911 buy/sell a few hours ago.

I “think” I could do better on BAT but I don’t really want to go through the 115 picture auction… so we shall see if anyone from FB reads this thread haha.

Last edited by Wonderdan; 12-08-2021 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-05-2021, 06:59 PM
GlenGT3
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 155 Posts

@Wonderdan what is the MSRP on your car? I was offered $50k over and my car has just under 10k miles. I passed.
Old 12-05-2021, 07:02 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GlenGT3
@Wonderdan what is the MSRP on your car? I was offered $50k over and my car has just under 10k miles. I passed.
$134,515

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...