Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2021 | 10:33 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Originally Posted by linzman
Agree. Although Eurosport is a reputable shop, I bought a car serviced by them and had them do a PPI. It showed up with a blown head gasket.

Yep. It is a rule. I don’t know, maybe 2 out of probably 10 or so when buying a used vehicle.

I had a 911 that went through them as well. Good shop. Most vehicles that touch Autobahn or Blackhawk have seen time in their shop.
Old 08-03-2021 | 01:28 AM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

The bottom line is if you come across a car you are interested in, put a deposit to lock it in. Money talks, BS walks.
The following 4 users liked this post by Robocop305:
Booth9999 (08-03-2021), CosmosMpower (08-03-2021), GT3streetcup (08-04-2021), rrichmondd (08-03-2021)
Old 08-03-2021 | 01:50 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
I should ask in the auction,but I was baffled by this service:

Service records are also provided from Autometrics Inc. showing a major engine-out service to have been performed in 2017 at just over 20k miles including replacement of the engine crankcase, pinned coolant pipes, new bearings, gaskets, rod bolts, and ignition components.

How often do you see a crankcase get replaced?
Not too often but my 2010 GT3 had the case replaced under warranty for porosity with around 12k miles so it does happen.

Laguna Dude: you considering the PNH car? It looks really nice and highly recommend the GT2
Old 08-03-2021 | 11:37 AM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
I think it's physically impossible to get 4 ignitions at Range 5 and 1 at Range 6. Meaning I suspect this car only has up through Range 4's with some type of bug reporting the ignitions beyond that. @switchcars would know far better than I would.
I would chuck the range 5/6

Old 08-03-2021 | 04:05 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Originally Posted by Sword_of_the_Spirit
997.1 = Money talks. He was saying 10%. I said 5k instead to get the ppi rolling. No time again for that to happen and make it down.

if you don’t have anything vested, you’re out of luck. That’s how it goes these days…
At 99K there's huge upside for you as a buyer if the car is as advertised. Could probably make a quick 10k on it without lifting a finger in this market.
The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (08-03-2021)
Old 08-03-2021 | 04:19 PM
pearcecs
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
At 99K there's huge upside for you as a buyer if the car is as advertised. Could probably make a quick 10k on it without lifting a finger in this market.
Agreed, but I'm looking for something to drive, not resell. Should have the PPI in an hour or two, I hope!
Booth9999 (08-04-2021)
Old 08-03-2021 | 04:37 PM
zshecht7792
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pearcecs
Agreed, but I'm looking for something to drive, not resell. Should have the PPI in an hour or two, I hope!
Good luck dude! Hope the PPI comes back clean. Certainly sounds like it could be a great drivers car. If anything comes up in the PPI you are unsure about, feel free to post about it here!
zdet (08-03-2021)
Old 08-03-2021 | 04:49 PM
pearcecs
Intermediate

Originally Posted by zshecht7792
Good luck dude! Hope the PPI comes back clean. Certainly sounds like it could be a great drivers car. If anything comes up in the PPI you are unsure about, feel free to post about it here!
Thanks! I appreciate it!
Old 08-03-2021 | 08:16 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Ok, you guys have been waiting for this. Place your bets on Hammer price.

Green .1 RS
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...che-gt3-rs-33/
I saw this one in person. It was perfect and beautiful!
Old 08-03-2021 | 09:02 PM
pearcecs
Intermediate

Got the PPI back from Barnaba Autosport. They really seem like a great crew. Biggest concerns were that the clutch needs to be replaced, there is a rear main seal leak, and axle boot has been chewed through by an animal (so it seems)

Smaller items:
-Ignition coil housing are starting to crack with temp and age
-Bushings on rear sway have cracked
-Right rear track rod control arm bushing is split
-Cabin filter dirty
-Aftermarket battery, AGM. System will not charge correctly as it was made for Lead Acid Batteries
-Pulls slightly to the right, needs alignment
-Rattle in car, not a big issue
-Passenger vanity light doesn't work
-Both center HVAC vent adjusters are broken
-Left rear taillight bulb is out

There is some bodywork that's been done /has issues:
-Front lower valence is scraped
-Scratches and chips on some of the wheels
-Right rear wheel has some finish cracking, may have been refinished
-2 door dents and small crease, can be taken out via PDR probably
--What was found on car is consistent with the Carfax;
-Bumper and likely fenders have had paint, can't tell visually, and meter wouldn't read as it has plastic on it
-Left rear quarter has definitely been painted and have body work with filler (to thick to read with gauge)
-Left front door is reading high as well on paint thickness

Thoughts??? Too much body work? Clutch is not cheap, but would allow me yo redo some of the other bushings that need to be replaced.

Old 08-03-2021 | 09:09 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Got the PPI back from Barnaba Autosport. They really seem like a great crew. Biggest concerns were that the clutch needs to be replaced, there is a rear main seal leak, and axle boot has been chewed through by an animal (so it seems)

Smaller items:
-Ignition coil housing are starting to crack with temp and age
-Bushings on rear sway have cracked
-Right rear track rod control arm bushing is split
-Cabin filter dirty
-Aftermarket battery, AGM. System will not charge correctly as it was made for Lead Acid Batteries
-Pulls slightly to the right, needs alignment
-Rattle in car, not a big issue
-Passenger vanity light doesn't work
-Both center HVAC vent adjusters are broken
-Left rear taillight bulb is out

There is some bodywork that's been done /has issues:
-Front lower valence is scraped
-Scratches and chips on some of the wheels
-Right rear wheel has some finish cracking, may have been refinished
-2 door dents and small crease, can be taken out via PDR probably
--What was found on car is consistent with the Carfax;
-Bumper and likely fenders have had paint, can't tell visually, and meter wouldn't read as it has plastic on it
-Left rear quarter has definitely been painted and have body work with filler (to thick to read with gauge)
-Left front door is reading high as well on paint thickness

Thoughts??? Too much body work? Clutch is not cheap, but would allow me yo redo some of the other bushings that need to be replaced.
Clutch and RMS I'd do at the same time. Can always do a 4.0 Clutch and Flywheel. Figure $3k in parts and then whatever your shop charges in labor. I'd be concerned with the axle boot only because I'd want to be sure no wiring in the car was affected.

None of the smaller items would be the end of the world. I did not know an AGM battery would be an issue in this car. I think lots of guys run those.

Body work that is too thick to be read with a meter would probably bother me. But if you're looking for a driver and it doesn't bother you, make a market correct offer and go for it. There's a price for almost every car out there.

Best of luck.
Old 08-03-2021 | 09:13 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Get a quote from Barnaba (which I’m sure they supplied) and take it too the owner.

As for paintwork, we’ll, what’s done is done. More work than what he told me….. Is a discount right now at 99k, no. You won’t have many hitting the slot at 99k anytime soon, so your fine there.

that other little stuff adds up really quick.

best of luck.

Old 08-03-2021 | 09:14 PM
pearcecs
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Clutch and RMS I'd do at the same time. Can always do a 4.0 Clutch and Flywheel. Figure $3k in parts and then whatever your shop charges in labor. I'd be concerned with the axle boot only because I'd want to be sure no wiring in the car was affected.

None of the smaller items would be the end of the world. I did not know an AGM battery would be an issue in this car. I think lots of guys run those.

Body work that is too thick to be read with a meter would probably bother me. But if you're looking for a driver and it doesn't bother you, make a market correct offer and go for it. There's a price for almost every car out there.

Best of luck.
He is not a lenient/understanding seller. He thinks the person that performed the PPI doesn't know how to drive, and there's nothing wrong with the clutch. No negotiations whatsoever....
Attached Images  
Old 08-03-2021 | 09:16 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Comes down to compromise. Is that what you wanted? Only you can answer that unfortunately. Did you get the warms from the seller? I didn’t. I had to ask the same question 3 different ways.

I passed on to another who was in the market as everyone has a differing degree of the ideal gt3.
Old 08-03-2021 | 09:18 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Seller isn't negotiating probably because he still has dozens of people asking about the car, that's the unfortunate part of it being listed for sale still.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...