Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 01:06 AM
Raghu
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 87 Posts

Hi Ascend,
I think the secondary car market is going to demand more for retail cars because there is willingness to pay on part of the consumer. That is called decreased price elasticity. This is not just in Luxury market. It is even in ordinary used car market. People have cash to put down and as long as interest rates are low they will pay more for a car because they think they are saving on the interest side of the equation. The dealerships are making that money. They are trying to make as much as possible to overcome reduced sales during last year's Covid-19 social distancing. Auctions are perfect example of low price elasticity. BaT auctions are going up and so are Barrett Jackson and others.
Even the new car market is expecting ADM's and cars that are not sought after are not being discounted much due to this double whammy of low interest rates and increased willingness to pay. Money is cheap so people can conserve cash and still buy their toys at very low interest rates.
Its just my humble opinion that prices might rise more this year before we start seeing them come down. I am hoping they will come down. The market will decide that.
Of course I could be totally wrong. Inflation might get a real hold of the market and it may be a long time before prices come down again.
This is the crazy world we live in. Who would ever have thought something like Covid-19 would ever happen!

Last edited by Raghu; 03-08-2021 at 01:14 AM. Reason: add frtail.
The following 2 users liked this post by Raghu:
daddyscar (03-08-2021), Robocop305 (03-08-2021)
Old 03-08-2021, 02:08 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 515 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by osu s2k
Igooz, curious what you kept!?
I have 2 other 6" high stacks of license plates from previous cars,and this one is exactly 5.75" high! My financial planner told me 30 years ago: 1 wife, 1 house, 1 car; I only heard the 1 wife part!
osu s2k let's switch to PM.

The following 4 users liked this post by Igooz:
fijibubba (03-08-2021), FLT6SPD (03-09-2021), Robocop305 (03-08-2021), TYPE911 (02-14-2023)
Old 03-08-2021, 06:56 PM
LionelB
Burning Brakes

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts

OK so we have established that the car value may go up or they may go down. That's good to know
The following 2 users liked this post by LionelB:
monk46 (03-09-2021), Raghu (03-08-2021)
Old 03-08-2021, 07:35 PM
9872SpeedYellowCS
Burning Brakes

Received 449 Likes on 224 Posts

This is going to turn into the 991 forums with all the speculation going on. Can we get back on topic
The following 4 users liked this post by 9872SpeedYellowCS:
Flat6997 (03-08-2021), Joe Cho (03-08-2021), nle (03-08-2021), pissedpuppy (03-08-2021)
Old 03-08-2021, 11:42 PM
nle
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by idk_alex
This is going to turn into the 991 forums with all the speculation going on. Can we get back on topic
I thought leather wrapped air vents and deviated stitching prevent depreciation
Old 03-09-2021, 03:10 AM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 691 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
This car is now at Matt Farah's place. Westside Collector Car Storage. WP0AC29927S793129

He posted this on 2/26/20 or 2/27/20.

I literally saw this guy racing in the other run group at the Big Willow on Friday lol. I was guessing he bought a vandalized car from who knows what, wild story but it is definitely getting tracked now lol
The following 3 users liked this post by welikethetrack:
atlrvr (03-09-2021), fijibubba (03-09-2021), Robocop305 (03-09-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 09:53 AM
trbo94
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

A few asked about a update on a car I was looking to purchase.
WP0AC2A96AS783495

This car has been listed for a long time, but they did lower the price more recently. At the end of Feb 2021 I put a deposit of $1000 on the car for them to "hold" it till I got a PPI on the car. The soonest I could get a PPI done was March 8th and they said that was good and the deposit would cover that time. The salesman I was working with was helpful and always sent me any pictures and videos of the car when I asked. It was all great till yesterday. I called porsche (doing the ppi) and went over some parts of the car I wanted them to take a close look at and make sure everything was good. On the PPI side everything was good to go, but when I wrote the salesman he never wrote back. Since I talked to him Friday the 5th I just let it go thinking he was busy and would get back to me later that day. Well later that day I got a call from porsche the car was never dropped off. I reached out to the salesman again and just got a text back saying he would have to refund me the deposit and would call to explain soon. Never called so a few hours later I called and got ahold of the GM and he said the owner (guy that owns the car is also the owner of the dealerships I am told) got cold feet and did not want to sell it. I never talked down the price at all.

Sad to see that the car has been sale for at least 6 months plus (that I know of) and they lowered the price just to pull the rug out from me last min. Car is still listed for sale on their site. Not sure if anyone here knows why people list cars for sale that they have no intention to sell?

I had a short back and forth about this car (WP0AC2A92BS783320 vin). I put in an offer that I think was very generous and the and was told by the dealer it was a very fair offer. He talked to the owner and the owner decided to keep the car and not sell it, that was about a month ago and it’s still listed for sale on his site, autotrader, cars.com ... Is there some type of insurance benefit to have a car up for sale? Both are more track use cars so I was wondering if someone knows if dealership insurance covers track use or something like that. I was thinking maybe to save on track insurance they list them for sale, so the dealer insurance covers it or something like that. Not saying that is the case I am just wondering why it happened with 2 cars and I bet both cars will be listed for sale for a while still. Well anyone else in the future that searches the vin will know my story with trying to purchase it.
The following users liked this post:
Joe Cho (03-09-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 10:04 AM
9872SpeedYellowCS
Burning Brakes

Received 449 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by trbo94
WP0AC2A96AS783495

This car has been listed for a long time, but they did lower the price more recently. At the end of Feb 2021 I put a deposit of $1000 on the car for them to "hold" it till I got a PPI on the car. The soonest I could get a PPI done was March 8th and they said that was good and the deposit would cover that time. The salesman I was working with was helpful and always sent me any pictures and videos of the car when I asked. It was all great till yesterday. I called porsche (doing the ppi) and went over some parts of the car I wanted them to take a close look at and make sure everything was good. On the PPI side everything was good to go, but when I wrote the salesman he never wrote back. Since I talked to him Friday the 5th I just let it go thinking he was busy and would get back to me later that day. Well later that day I got a call from porsche the car was never dropped off. I reached out to the salesman again and just got a text back saying he would have to refund me the deposit and would call to explain soon. Never called so a few hours later I called and got ahold of the GM and he said the owner (guy that owns the car is also the owner of the dealerships I am told) got cold feet and did not want to sell it. I never talked down the price at all.

Sad to see that the car has been sale for at least 6 months plus (that I know of) and they lowered the price just to pull the rug out from me last min. Car is still listed for sale on their site. Not sure if anyone here knows why people list cars for sale that they have no intention to sell?

I feel like this car has been listed for sale for 2+ years.
Old 03-09-2021, 10:16 AM
Steve2k1116
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 41 Posts

WP0AC2A96AS783495

I had a short back and forth about this car (WP0AC2A92BS783320 vin). I put in an offer that I think was very generous and the and was told by the dealer it was a very fair offer. He talked to the owner and the owner decided to keep the car and not sell it, that was about a month ago and it’s still listed for sale on his site, autotrader, cars.com ... Is there some type of insurance benefit to have a car up for sale? Both are more track use cars so I was wondering if someone knows if dealership insurance covers track use or something like that. I was thinking maybe to save on track insurance they list them for sale, so the dealer insurance covers it or something like that. Not saying that is the case I am just wondering why it happened with 2 cars and I bet both cars will be listed for sale for a while still. Well anyone else in the future that searches the vin will know my story with trying to purchase it.
pretty positive another member here had a ppi on this car and was closing a deal as well. it was written in this thread, i am guessing maybe they sold it from under you? either way shady stuff
Old 03-09-2021, 10:21 AM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 591 Posts

WP0AC2A96AS783495

The dealership selling WP0AC2A96AS783495 was watching the market and wondered if they could get a few more bucks. That's all. If you had a deposit then that's binding to them and I would threaten to file a complaint and screw with their dealer's license, as well as posting bad reviews with screen shots and documents on Yelp and Googe. I would not accept their answer. Spend $500 a get an attorney to write a letter. But do it quickly. They have somebody else on the line right now I bet.

EDIT: They just raised the price to $115,900 on their website. You had it at $110k, right? I'll put a negative review up with you. Screw these guys. Hate this sh*t. Others should follow. And their a Hinda dealer who holds themselves out as "honest". I would go to their website RIGHT NOW and capture a screenshot of the higher price as proof of what they are doing.

Last edited by Upscale Audio; 03-09-2021 at 10:51 AM.
Robocop305 (03-09-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 10:27 AM
trbo94
AutoX

Originally Posted by Steve2k1116
pretty positive another member here had a ppi on this car and was closing a deal as well. it was written in this thread, i am guessing maybe they sold it from under you? either way shady stuff
That was me that wrote I was getting a PPI on the car a little over a week ago but the date for that PPI was yesterday. Not sure if its worth my time and energy to fight with them, but yes I did see others on here saying its been posted for sale for years. That is why I was asking about the insurance thing or something like it. Why list a car you do no plan to sell.
Steve2k1116 (03-09-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 10:30 AM
trbo94
AutoX

No the $115900 is the price I saw when I paid the deposit. And I saw on guru cars that they had that price since last year like Nov time.
Old 03-09-2021, 11:00 AM
Steve2k1116
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 41 Posts

That was me that wrote I was getting a PPI on the car a little over a week ago but the date for that PPI was yesterday. Not sure if its worth my time and energy to fight with them, but yes I did see others on here saying its been posted for sale for years. That is why I was asking about the insurance thing or something like it. Why list a car you do no plan to sell.
gotcha my mistake, thats really unfortunate sorry to hear!
Old 03-09-2021, 11:30 AM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 591 Posts

No the $115900 is the price I saw when I paid the deposit. And I saw on guru cars that they had that price since last year like Nov time.
Sorry about that. My mistake. If you want the car make them fulfill the agreement. I take commitments very seriously and don't cut car dealers any slack.
The following 3 users liked this post by Upscale Audio:
fijibubba (03-09-2021), Robocop305 (03-09-2021), Steve2k1116 (03-09-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 11:38 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
The dealership selling WP0AC2A96AS783495 was watching the market and wondered if they could get a few more bucks. That's all. If you had a deposit then that's binding to them and I would threaten to file a complaint and screw with their dealer's license, as well as posting bad reviews with screen shots and documents on Yelp and Googe. I would not accept their answer. Spend $500 a get an attorney to write a letter. But do it quickly. They have somebody else on the line right now I bet.

EDIT: They just raised the price to $115,900 on their website. You had it at $110k, right? I'll put a negative review up with you. Screw these guys. Hate this sh*t. Others should follow. And their a Hinda dealer who holds themselves out as "honest". I would go to their website RIGHT NOW and capture a screenshot of the higher price as proof of what they are doing.
reveal the dealer name to save others the same heart ache...

Last edited by pissedpuppy; 03-09-2021 at 01:46 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by pissedpuppy:
fijibubba (03-09-2021), Robocop305 (03-09-2021)

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...