Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 10:06 AM
flsupraguy
On temporary vacation

Received 1,457 Likes on 784 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
How does a center delete cause leaking RMS? I don't have bypass anymore but just curious.
It doesnt....
Old 08-12-2020, 10:33 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnGT
Grey/gold .2 RS with 12k miles and has a ton of options. No pictures or price at the time of my post, but hopefully it is clean and priced well.
https://www.ryanfriedmanmotorcars.co...3-rs-c-802.htm
https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AC2A91BS783146/
650kid can probably get more info on this car
Old 08-12-2020, 02:33 PM
jason95R
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 98 Posts

How does a center delete cause leaking RMS? I don't have bypass anymore but just curious.

Also curious about this..... I have an RSS center bypass and have a small RMS leak. But it only seems to seep when the car sits for a while. During regular usage (once a week or so) there's never a problem.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:19 PM
TYPE911
Rennlist Member

Received 637 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnGT
Grey/gold .2 RS with 12k miles and has a ton of options. No pictures or price at the time of my post, but hopefully it is clean and priced well.
https://www.ryanfriedmanmotorcars.co...3-rs-c-802.htm
https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AC2A91BS783146/
I have a car friend down in Paradise Valley who mistakenly forgot to call me when he opted to sell this RS. Now at RF Motorcars.
. Had it on PCA for less than an hour. Sold it way too cheap.
Car is perfect, wish it was in my garage now!

The following 2 users liked this post by TYPE911:
fijibubba (08-12-2020), Rambler_13 (08-12-2020)
Old 08-12-2020, 03:30 PM
TypeRS
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 25 Posts

My twin! Interested to see the interior on that car. Sounds interesting.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:28 PM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPE911
I have a car friend down in Paradise Valley who mistakenly forgot to call me when he opted to sell this RS. Now at RF Motorcars.
I texted Ryan, he's priced it at $180k. Any details on the car? Ryan only texted me back his asking price but no other details.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:22 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit
The above GB RS spent a lot of time at Porsche of CO Springs. Shawn over there was very transparent and I believe it was even less in the 120’s when people wanted RS’. It led a tough life. Passed after multiple calls from them over the period.
This is consistent with what the guys at Porsche of COS told me.
The following users liked this post:
fijibubba (08-13-2020)
Old 08-13-2020, 12:26 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

totally love that color scheme!
Old 08-13-2020, 12:38 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,790 Likes on 1,668 Posts

I don't have definitive proof but here's my experience. RMS fixed once about 10 years ago. Porsche fixed under CPO. After that, I drove the car in stock form for about a year with no leaking, then I purchased a center delete. Will not name brand as I don't think that matters. Shortly thereafter, I developed a very small leak. I had this center delete on the car for years and loved it. The car would only leak when parked. Then eventually it started leaking during the drive also. Amount of oil on the garage floor was maybe a teaspoon.

My thread headache about the whole Brombacher exhaust was when I installed a Brombacher long tube header system. Once again MJ speed made, not the headache part, but the actually install happen for me and I thank him dearly. The system is amazing, sounds like a Flat 6 again, but deeper in tone and power is noticable. After a few drives I noticed that the garage floor was dry. No more leaks and hasn't leaked a drop since. I think I installed this system end of 2018 so it's gonna be 2 years soon with no leaking.

This information with the information from Porsche where service techs say no RMS warranty with center deletes as they can cause the car to leak, has led me to this conclusion.

I've been wrong on more than one occasion, but I'm a believer that the center delete caused my leak.

Car's been sitting so I'll go get a fresh pic now.

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 08-13-2020 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Adding oicture
Old 08-13-2020, 01:04 PM
nle
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 122 Posts

This car is beautiful. Would be in my garage right now had I seen it on PCA in time.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:27 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,045 Likes on 663 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
I don't have definitive proof but here's my experience. RMS fixed once about 10 years ago. Porsche fixed under CPO. After that, I drove the car in stock form for about a year with no leaking, then I purchased a center delete. Will not name brand as I don't think that matters. Shortly thereafter, I developed a very small leak. I had this center delete on the car for years and loved it. The car would only leak when parked. Then eventually it started leaking during the drive also. Amount of oil on the garage floor was maybe a teaspoon.

My thread headache about the whole Brombacher exhaust was when I installed a Brombacher long tube header system. Once again MJ speed made, not the headache part, but the actually install happen for me and I thank him dearly. The system is amazing, sounds like a Flat 6 again, but deeper in tone and power is noticable. After a few drives I noticed that the garage floor was dry. No more leaks and hasn't leaked a drop since. I think I installed this system end of 2018 so it's gonna be 2 years soon with no leaking.

This information with the information from Porsche where service techs say no RMS warranty with center deletes as they can cause the car to leak, has led me to this conclusion.

I've been wrong on more than one occasion, but I'm a believer that the center delete caused my leak.

Car's been sitting so I'll go get a fresh pic now.
Thanks for this write-up RAudi.
........ I know this discussion is held over on other threads, so I apologize for continuing the conversation here,... {< I'll blame jrtaylor & flsupraguy for poking you on this>} ... so I'll also re-post this over on the other thread so we can continue to have the discussion there....

Can I also ask whether, during any of the time you were adding/removing/changing exhaust components, whether you also had any harmonic balancer added (ATI type), or have not ever had it changed over?

The reason I ask, is because I have had a center delete for several years now too, without any leaking. But of course mine is a slightly different engine configuration than yours (given mine is a non-RS with DMFW).

my mind is just wandering, as I contemplate other possibilities.
=Steve
Old 08-13-2020, 06:41 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,790 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Thanks for this write-up RAudi.
........ I know this discussion is held over on other threads, so I apologize for continuing the conversation here,... {< I'll blame jrtaylor & flsupraguy for poking you on this>} ... so I'll also re-post this over on the other thread so we can continue to have the discussion there....

Can I also ask whether, during any of the time you were adding/removing/changing exhaust components, whether you also had any harmonic balancer added (ATI type), or have not ever had it changed over?

The reason I ask, is because I have had a center delete for several years now too, without any leaking. But of course mine is a slightly different engine configuration than yours (given mine is a non-RS with DMFW).

my mind is just wandering, as I contemplate other possibilities.
=Steve

All I did was install the exhaust. Nothing else!

It's ok to poke at me. Just as long as it doesn't get personal. I realize there are a lot of members who run the center delete without leaking and Im sure there are stock exhaust cars out there with leaks. It's just with my car, it leaked with a center delete pipe on and stopped when I removed the system and repaced it with a system that provided a bit more back pressure. MJ mentioned something about the exhaust pulses that could have something to do with it. Whatever the case is, I'm leak free and loving it.
Old 08-13-2020, 06:56 PM
CTK
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2k mile GT3 RS

I just wanted to give a shout-out to Doug from Switchcars. He called me with details of this car on a Saturday morning and told me to jump on it asap. It was a one-owner 2k mile lightweight car (PCCB, buckets, no nav or leather, no FAL and CF though-out). Dealer CPO'd the car and put on new tires for the advertised price. Price was right and i jumped. To be honest, I was holding-off for 997.2RS 4L, but this is grey/blk RS is a solid no excuses car and I acted quickly with some prodding from Doug.

You can find decent cars online, but unless you have a personal relationship with multiple dealers and various private sellers, you will need a guy like Doug to locate, secure and inspect special Porsche GT3/RS cars. Doug also arranged the shipping faster that I could do on my own. So, I would like to give a shout-out to Doug and say thank you for helping me scratch that RS itch.

Attached are a few pics of the 997.2 RS and my 991.2 Mexico blue GT3.

If Doug finds me the right 997.2 RS 4L, then I may have to sell this 997.2 RS 3.8 in order to fund the 4L. In the meantime, I will enjoy this car and thank God that I get to enjoy more than I deserve.

The following 11 users liked this post by CTK:
9872SpeedYellowCS (08-13-2020), D1ESEL (08-15-2020), EvilllEmpirE (08-14-2020), fijibubba (08-13-2020), Jason Zhang (08-23-2020), Louis de Funes (08-13-2020), mikes70 (08-15-2020), PTSGT3 (08-13-2020), rrichmondd (08-13-2020), TYPE911 (08-13-2020), TypeRS (08-14-2020) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-13-2020, 08:21 PM
CT944
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

Very nice! Congrats.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:27 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 63 Posts

Great score, congrats. Similar line up in my garage, just different colors.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...