39.66%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

COTA 2/1-3 ultimate DE Cup participant list

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:40 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,652 Likes on 768 Posts

I do not grok. My humble $69k Nissan is essentially a mostly computer driven deliberate copy of the 911 turbo PDK with 400 extra lbs but with the engine moved to a more sensible location and while it does unfortunately attract the video game crowd, real car nerds that play video games still buy GT-Rs in droves as well and dont track them much or hard, otherwise they go into limp mode on lap 6, and when driven correctly the car is as fast as (irony) a 911 GT2RS on a play station
Fixed it.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:03 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,607 Likes on 836 Posts

Oh my...
Old 02-11-2013, 11:04 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great video on How not to drive, i really think clubs should show this before events to remind begining drivers of what not to do.

I don't think you have to be an idiot to drive the GT2, there ae plenty in all the other track weapons out there idiots do buy them and they get scared. Of course since there are so few GT2s actually on the track it shows up more. I was in Green and saw plenty of crazy driving around me including passing in turn 5. Was turning great times for me sub 27 until I got another engine light on the computer and had to shut down and limo home.

Looking to add a lower power platform anyone have experience advice with Spec Boxter or Miata. How's the racing field in both.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
With the shorter RS gearing I would agree that 4th would be the way to go.

Peter
Think of torque, not hp

A gt3 engine is flat on torque lower than redline than loses torque up top

If u finish a sector at 7500-8 k u win on velocity
Old 02-11-2013, 11:12 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by dcrooke
In a 4wd car at an HPDE were half the people are noobs don't know what mirrors are for, it is a great way to get them to see you out of the side window as they look for their turn in point

A few of my "apex bombing" runs from COTA .... I'm sure a few people will mistakenly perceive this as unsafe, but in fact I was braking at only 9/10ths and leaving enough margin to be able to come to a complete stop before the apex if necessary, and using a line so tight to the inside that it would be mathematically impossible for the car in front to lose it and hit me even after bouncing back of the armco (I am behind them at all times even when they go off camera)

BTW, all of these videos are from ***Sunday afternoon*** so even 2.5 track days on the same track was not enough experience for some people who had claimed to have prior track experience to get out of their annoying novice habits. It's called a mirror McFly, didn't you learn about them driver's ed?

I'm not greedy, all I want is a point by ... you don't need to lift unless you're in something pretty quick, and I am happy to outbrake you if you'd prefer that, but I need to see that arm out the window. Pretty please?

1. BMW Z3 .... watch until T12, started the clip early so you could see me give a point by (for the folks reading this who still don't know what one is) and also what it looks like to be passed by a GTR, though you should all know that by now

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mi9f97xgo8&t=13m50s
Love your steering technique through turn 15.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by paver
too quick or too much makes it push though right?
It's a balance act, keep grip on front til u can transfer grip to rear and use the throttle to exit the corner with minimal steering input

If u are at track out with steering input u fail
Old 02-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Evo997
Advanced

I'm not sure if I should make a new thread or just post the videos here...

Anyway, this is part 1 and 2 from the pits. I will have a third one up soon.

Part 1

Part 2
Old 02-11-2013, 11:19 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vonschmidt
Great video on How not to drive, i really think clubs should show this before events to remind begining drivers of what not to do.

I don't think you have to be an idiot to drive the GT2, there ae plenty in all the other track weapons out there idiots do buy them and they get scared. Of course since there are so few GT2s actually on the track it shows up more. I was in Green and saw plenty of crazy driving around me including passing in turn 5. Was turning great times for me sub 27 until I got another engine light on the computer and had to shut down and limo home.

Looking to add a lower power platform anyone have experience advice with Spec Boxter or Miata. How's the racing field in both.
Sure bad drivers in all brands, to me Fiat drovers take the cake with a few exceptions.

What would lower power do? All cars have to be driven well and yours is a great car! I'd invest in coaches not slow cars.
We had a few GT3 drovers go Miata racing. Like all racing it is more expensive that DE and slow. Milk out every once of talent in DE before you go there..
Old 02-11-2013, 11:21 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

With so much constructive critisme I thought I should post my video for some needed advice!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:25 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The difference is that the GT2 makes you look like an idiot when you're an idiot. The GT-R covers it up with computers and AWD that just let you gas out of it. There is plenty of video of some well respected GT-R drivers turning fast laps without going anywhere near most apexes. If you are going fast in a GT2 or GT3 for that matter, you have earned it!

I'll take door #1.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:28 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Evo997
I'm not sure if I should make a new thread or just post the videos here...

Anyway, this is part 1 and 2 from the pits. I will have a third one up soon.

Part 2
Love that red Camaro that started 4th in line. Should have started 1st.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:31 PM
jenk12m
Banned

The infamous red camaro, I think I'm going to buy one...lmao
Old 02-11-2013, 11:36 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wanna911
The difference is that the GT2 makes you look like an idiot when you're an idiot. The GT-R covers it up with computers and AWD that just let you gas out of it. There is plenty of video of some well respected GT-R drivers turning fast laps without going anywhere near most apexes. If you are going fast in a GT2 or GT3 for that matter, you have earned it!

I'll take door #1.
I took door #1 4x and never opened door #2.

Originally Posted by jenk12m
The infamous red camaro, I think I'm going to buy one...lmao
LOLLOL!!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:43 PM
TrackToyz
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dcrooke
In a 4wd car at an HPDE were half the people are noobs don't know what mirrors are for, it is a great way to get them to see you out of the side window as they look for their turn in point
David...get a grip. You are not helping your cause. Your reputation for rabble-rousing on forums is clearly well-deserved. Coming onto a Porsche forum and trying to be "one of the guys" is not working. These folks all know each other and run together, with respect, and deference. Well, most of 'em, anyway.

I'm going to let you in on a little something because I'm getting tired of hearing you whining about point-by entitlement at COTA. You were one of two people that Mark had doubts about going in. I know this because I personally sent him a note of warning about your history. You and I both know that I had to sit you out twice for a session for repeated four-offs at Harris Hill...at an autocross! I informed Mark about this. As it turns out, he already had you on a "watch" and had placed you in the one intermediate group. I'm not one to rat on people, but this event was really important for continued use of the facility for DE.

While you may certainly have been held up by others in your group, you have a lot to learn about integrating well on track. It is a two-way street. I personally do not want to be in any run group in which you are on track.

Harsh, yes. But you brought this on yourself.

Last edited by TrackToyz; 02-12-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,607 Likes on 836 Posts

And that, as they say, is that.

Quick Reply: COTA 2/1-3 ultimate DE Cup participant list