jmachul
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pity
Old 01-19-2012, 11:42 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

There's calculating drivers, and then there's kamikaze drivers.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:05 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the biggest thing here is that we have a great group of drivers that consider each other friends (at least I do), please don't let your ego get in the way.
I believe that this is one of the reasons that we are not race car drivers, even though we are faster than some of them.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:26 AM
jmachul
Advanced

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
I think the biggest thing here is that we have a great group of drivers that consider each other friends (at least I do), please don't let your ego get in the way.

Translation......don't be an insecure btch.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:28 AM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 67 Posts

You want a milkshake?
Old 01-20-2012, 12:30 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

I believe that this is one of the reasons that we are not race car drivers, even though we are faster than some of them.

After meeting all you guys at Winterfest, both Sly & I feel like we were orphans that just got reunited with our long lost family. Love this crowd. I had thought of racing earlier this year and put it on hold for 2012. At this point I can see staying with the DE Cup for YEARS! As long as all of you guys stick with it.

I could care less who is faster or slower than me. I have no desire to outrun everyone else. I want to run WITH everyone else. That is why I want an RS with those ****ty tires you guys use (and I don't mind saving some tire $).

Winterfest was the most fun we EVER had at a DE. Frankly, I do not want to have to keep modifying my new RS to keep up with everyone else. I am hoping that we all stay in very similar cars so we can run together as much as possible - and then give each other **** at the bar and on RL. I feel like a kid at Xmas right now. I can't wait to get back to Sebring with the gang.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:53 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GT3DE
After meeting all you guys at Winterfest, both Sly & I feel like we were orphans that just got reunited with our long lost family. Love this crowd. I had thought of racing earlier this year and put it on hold for 2012. At this point I can see staying with the DE Cup for YEARS! As long as all of you guys stick with it.

I could care less who is faster or slower than me. I have no desire to outrun everyone else. I want to run WITH everyone else. That is why I want an RS with those ****ty tires you guys use (and I don't mind saving some tire $).

Winterfest was the most fun we EVER had at a DE. Frankly, I do not want to have to keep modifying my new RS to keep up with everyone else. I am hoping that we all stay in very similar cars so we can run together as much as possible - and then give each other **** at the bar and on RL. I feel like a kid at Xmas right now. I can't wait to get back to Sebring with the gang.

That's the feeling, that's what the group is all about. :lowdown:

Big family !
Old 01-20-2012, 09:21 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Originally Posted by jmachul
Translation......don't be an insecure btch.
And don't post after 10 bottles of sake.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:27 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

There's calculating drivers, and then there's kamikaze drivers.
Which are you, mr duct tape?

I could care less who is faster or slower than me. I have no desire to outrun everyone else. I want to run WITH everyone else. That is why I want an RS with those ****ty tires you guys use (and I don't mind some tire $).

We love you and sly also. Well sly more.
And we're keeping our tires! Well maybe randy will let you borrow a set to prove vast inferiority compared to cheater r6. 2 secs maybe more.

When our ra1 stash runs out it will be r6 or some cheap slick, depending on cost per session. Juan is on his lonely 4.0 planets so we designated him as the official slick tester with John as helper.

And we do have to come pay our respects at vir soon
Old 01-20-2012, 10:00 AM
jmachul
Advanced

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
And don't post after 10 bottles of sake.
Were you picturing me in a robe again? I thought we agreed...that was over
Old 01-20-2012, 10:03 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

My bad..
Old 01-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Which are you, mr duct tape?

We love you and sly also. Well sly more.
And we're keeping our tires! Well maybe randy will let you borrow a set to prove vast inferiority compared to cheater r6. 2 secs maybe more.

When our ra1 stash runs out it will be r6 or some cheap slick, depending on cost per session. Juan is on his lonely 4.0 planets so we designated him as the official slick tester with John as helper.

And we do have to come pay our respects at vir soon
If Nitto doesn't come through by the time my RA1 stash is gone, then I'll be trying the Kuhmo V710 slicks, supposed to last considerably longer than R6's, but with slightly less grip. Sounds like a happy medium between RA1's and R6's. They have a 315-35 that runs really wide (like a 325) and a 245-40, perfect for us 18" wheel guys.

Get somebody from the south florida RS brigade to test them out
Old 01-20-2012, 10:48 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Mvez
If Nitto doesn't come through by the time my RA1 stash is gone, then I'll be trying the Kuhmo V710 slicks, supposed to last considerably longer than R6's, but with slightly less grip. Sounds like a happy medium between RA1's and R6's. They have a 315-35 that runs really wide (like a 325) and a 245-40, perfect for us 18" wheel guys.

Get somebody from the south florida RS brigade to test them out
Mike Kim and I are already running them. I'm following his lead. I'm not sure how many sets he's been through. This is my first. Doesn't feel as gooey as the R6 (second heat cycle). But it lasts a lot longer and I'm not driving near the limit of the R6 anyway. So far I like it. They make noise and seem fairly predictable. You get a little bit of ice mode under heavy heavy braking, but then again I've gotten that with R6's and the slicks too.

Speaking of slicks, I didn't walk away being all that impressed. They were used (race take offs) and more importantly free (courtesy of the Michelin truck), so I'm not complaining. They didn't feel any grippier than a hoosier or Kumho. Viper Bob said my suspension is softly sprung to take advantage of their maximum performance. I think they require some special camber as well to really put enough heat in them to get past mechanical grip mode and into chemical grip mode (Michelin guy's terminology). Made for a cool photo op anyway...
Old 01-20-2012, 10:54 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I think the biggest thing here is that we have a great group of drivers that consider each other friends (at least I do),
This is a really good group of people. Out of all the clubs and track events I've attended, I don't see any other groups like it (Short of pit crews and they're being paid to hang out. Then again sometimes I think I should be compensated to spend time around Randy ). If i hadn't gotten this car and actually tracked it, I wouldn't have the privilege of knowing this merry band of weirdos
Old 01-20-2012, 11:06 AM
jmachul
Advanced

Originally Posted by deputydog95
This is a really good group of people. Out of all the clubs and track events I've attended, I don't see any other groups like it (Short of pit crews and they're being paid to hang out. Then again sometimes I think I should be compensated to spend time around Randy ). If i hadn't gotten this car and actually tracked it, I wouldn't have the privilege of knowing this merry band of weirdos
+1...one of the best moments for me was when my 9 year old son's mother text me and said "Jack is emailing/texting with someone name Bully.....do you know him? Is this ok?"

Priceless

Quick Reply: Sebring Winterfest Track/Party/Car Show/Autocross Challenge 01/12 - 01/15