Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sebring Winterfest Track/Party/Car Show/Autocross Challenge 01/12 - 01/15

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 12:30 PM
senna
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there for the first time, and everyone was really nice. I am now trying to get my car ready so I can play too. Not sure, I will sign up for all the craziness, but I will be there watching! LOL
Old 01-20-2012, 07:31 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Here's one of the few videos with me actually in front of the Greek. Tragedy strikes in the second lap with traffic. Bane of our existence that weekend...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF0up...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Here's one of the few videos with me actually in front of the Greek. Tragedy strikes in the second lap with traffic. Bane of our existence that weekend...

U let the Greek by?

Must have been a lay up
Old 01-20-2012, 07:40 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

We had a pretty good back and forth last weekend. I fear that I've peaked and he'll keep going though. Maybe it is time for a new car

It was weird... At the end of last weekend, I was smoked. I was actually contemplating blowing off the 48 hours thinking I've done way too many DE's since October and I need a breather. Less than one weak later and I'm ready to go back. This is truly a sickness.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:23 PM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

On my third set of kuhmos. First set at road Atlanta 2 flats the next two sets I'm running simultaneously on two sets of wheels and they are pretty sticky at least 1-2 seconds faster at Sebring. Never run Hoosiers yet but may have to get them to keep up with the other guys here. I may start stripping big time
Btw deputy will always follow my lead and has yet ever to pass me.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:26 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95

I love the new graphics with race keeper.....now they have a red brake light and they have digital speedo and tach read out huh?...sweet!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:35 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
I love the new graphics with race keeper.....now they have a red brake light and they have digital speedo and tach read out huh?...sweet!

+1
Old 01-20-2012, 11:03 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Andrew, very nice to see you, albeit briefly. Very nice, in the 23's!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:43 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Wheels are perfectly straight, I don't see a point to pinch the corner any more than you have to

Meh. Turn in about a foot later. You will (a) miss the divot, (b) extend your entry brake zone, and (c) get the wheels straighter sooner at exit.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
2nd is a bit faster unless you have a lot of bite with very fresh front tires or even completely worn out R6 or Michelin slicks.....

I still took it in 3rd often, gearbox crunches down to 2nd and up to 3rd.
2nd is quicker, but you have to be super smooth getting down from 5th-4th-3rd-2nd, and very smooth & precise back up to 3rd to soften the crunch.

Oh, and I took this...parked near one of my clients:

Old 01-21-2012, 12:15 AM
Detour
Advanced

Originally Posted by Izzone
Bull.....cough.....cough.....sh*t

Detour had his 458 at Sebring

In 6 - 20 minute sessions his rear pads were to the backing plate

NJ-GT runs every other session.

Bring a Fiat to Sebing. put 500 track miles on it one weekend a month.........or stay home and burn $100 bills. ......same difference
Here's a breathmint for that troublesome cough of yours.....

So far as my brakes go, I was running in full nanny mode and chewing the rears up exiting 5,7, and 10 every single time. Once I get the guts to kill traction control I think the brakes will be MUCH better, the set Rad put on (thank you very much Rad, you are a gentleman's gentleman) transformed the car compared to the stock pads. WAY WAY cheaper too. My 2 cents.

Rad is the total Fiat apologist though, gotta love it!

Last edited by Detour; 01-21-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: I can't spell.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:26 AM
427Mike
3rd Gear

Some great driving skill on this forum. I met a some GT3 owners at a few track days last year and had a blast trying to keep up with them, Need more seat time.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:21 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mkk62
On my third set of kuhmos. First set at road Atlanta 2 flats the next two sets I'm running simultaneously on two sets of wheels and they are pretty sticky at least 1-2 seconds faster at Sebring. Never run Hoosiers yet but may have to get them to keep up with the other guys here. I may start stripping big time
Btw deputy will always follow my lead and has yet ever to pass me.
Your days are numbered. I have bested your personal record. Prepare yourself for the inevitable

Originally Posted by mdrums
I have been emailing them for two months now over these features. It's still not exactly the way I want it, but a definite improvement. They have a great indicator too. The only downside is that you can send that data to the software if you are using the OBD port, which I am.... Grrrrrr. Odd that they can read it on the dash display, but can't send it to the software. They still have work to do but so far I'm really pleased.

I'm going to move the rear camera back and mount it at the top of the rear window. Should eliminate a lot of the wing getting in the way, and will more importantly shoot more of the rear of the car as opposed to the rear seat area.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
+1
One thing I really miss about the TM is not being able to share with you guys. I can upload your files, but can't do it the other way around. I'm hoping someone will fix that at some point. It would be nice to have someone like you or Randy pour over my data and give me some pointers. I still don't know how to read the more technical data available. They have a "math" readout now that can supposedly tell you if you are not using as much grip as is possible so you can maximize the corner, but I don't have the foggiest as to how to use it. Randy the engineer would figure this out in minutes I'm sure.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:02 PM
senna
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Meh. Turn in about a foot later. You will (a) miss the divot, (b) extend your entry brake zone, and (c) get the wheels straighter sooner at exit.

2nd is quicker, but you have to be super smooth getting down from 5th-4th-3rd-2nd, and very smooth & precise back up to 3rd to soften the crunch.

Oh, and I took this...parked near one of my clients:

Love that car!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:34 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Smurfette,the prettiest of them all.

And
...track ready soon!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:57 PM
jp175
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely correct! I would like to add that I have found if you slightly trail brake and are patient with the throttle just squeezing ever so smoothly you will come out faster and find out second gear works perfectly! In other words 2nd gear will not work well if one just hammers the throttle.

Quick Reply: Sebring Winterfest Track/Party/Car Show/Autocross Challenge 01/12 - 01/15